Fishing 200 then what ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grailan, May 11, 2020.

1. Grailan

Grailan New Member

I revealed I gained in fishing to max at 200 to a friend...she asked...do you use a fishing mod.
    I didn't know what that was but she told me...then a different question arrived...
    Does mods increase fishing when having 200 Fishing ?

Before I do something crazy like 1000 bait and log it, with and without fishing mod,
    does someone have this info ?

DeadSurvivor and Neealana like this.
  2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Fishing mod does increase the skill server side above 200. With 200 skill and a 5% mod equipped, the fishing skill becomes 210 server side.

DeadSurvivor and Pithy like this.
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Keep in mind that fishing poles with mods will still break on you!

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Several skills have items with skill % modifiers that will increase the skill value when calculating anything in game.

I don’t think the chance to succeed fishing at 210 vs 200 is any different. For some skills it will change chances to succeed combines for tradeskills or increase efficacy of certain combat skills.

Keep in mind that skills are capped at 252 serverside. So 240 Baking with a 5% modifier is 252 modified skill. That person will be as successful as someone with 250 Baking and a 5% modifier. Same with a 220 Blacksmith with a 15% modifier being at 252 modified skill versus a 250 Blacksmith with a 15% modifier.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Always liked my foraging machete.

I believe it made a difference in my mind so that's all that matters! :)

Frosst, DeadSurvivor and Starsha like this.
  6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I think on this server, foraging and fishing mods effectively make no difference.

Also any meditate mod is useless since you have 252 base skill already.

Many of the defensive skills (Riposte, Parry, Dodge) Mods end up being useless because there are plateau values in those skills where you receive an additional 1% chance to avoid an attack and the modifier doesn’t necessarily bring certain classes from their base skill cap value to the next plateau value. I think someone made a list of all of these on the forums somewhere.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  8. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I'm pretty sure it's the same for PoP as Luclin. As far as I know, the dodge/parry/riposte/block skill caps are all the same at 65 as they were at 60.

DeadSurvivor and Mokli like this.
  9. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Does the 15% riposte mod on Bloodfrenzy (15%) provide an appreciable benefit over the Time BP (8%)? Should be 258 (really, 252) on the BF vs. 243 on the Time BP. Is there any difference between 252 and 243 riposte skill? Guessing not.

Also, should we update the Wiki to replace the references to lvl 60 with references to lvl 65?

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    DeadSurvivor likes this.
  10. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

The fishing mod does make a difference. But the calculation is very odd. I'm not completely clear on the cutoffs anymore but I believe it is your score up to 100 then half a point for each above that. Like other skills that number is then rounded down. So, at 200 you would have a score of 150. If you had a mod of 5% that would make your score 155. Now, your percentage chance is said score divided by 175, again rounded down. The net result is every 3-4 pts you get an extra percent chance.

11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

@Frosst, it's been a minute since I ran the numbers to create those lists, but as far as I can remember BF provides no further riposte benefit beyond what the Time BP provides.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

However the only Parry mod that works is the Aegis of Earth.

Im pretty sure due to this the Aegis is superior to Shield of Strife for warriors.

DeadSurvivor, lurari and Pithy like this.
  13. Denzal

Denzal Active Member

Why didn't the Aegis look like the Earth shield that makes the time key. Such a terrible generic graphic to lug around when PoTime actually has fun looking shields. RIP.

DeadSurvivor, Break and lurari like this.
  14. DeadSurvivor

DeadSurvivor Member

I believe the higher my wisdom is the quicker fishing will skill-up? It doesn't seem like it these days to me.