First Post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackdragonsdg, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Blackdragonsdg

Blackdragonsdg New Member

This is my first post here even though I have been playing on Al'Kabor for about two months now. I more or less spent the first month trying to figure out my trio. I must admit reading all the posts on class combinations was very entertaining. I ended up going Shaman/Monk/Cleric. This is a little bit of an odd combination but it works well as I discovered on another emu server. Not to mention it creates a solid base for leveling up future trios.

I started out Everquest on Emarr in August 2001 and picked a shaman as my main. I spent the next 7 years raiding with this character. I did everything from Kunark dragons through the element planes of PoP. In early 2008 I decided to take a break from Everquest and after a few months off I came back in March 2008 and created a monk for my second main. After which it was a whirlwind year of raiding everything from DoN to mid tier SoF. Shortly after the launch of SoD in early 2009 I quit EQ live and spent a lot more time tinkering with EQ emulator.

One of the main reasons I created this post was to ask about the level split for group exp. I always thought it was lowest level plus half rounded down but that does not appear to be the case on Al’Kabor.

So what exactly is the formula for determining level split for group exp?

If you see Darii, Skalzz or Biancah online drop me a tell if you want to group up. I will likely be in Kurn’s Tower or some other dungeon for the foreseeable future. I think that is enough rambling for now. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Ripwind, Verdent and Wimpel like this.
  2. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Welcome!
    All I know about exp is that it's much better to have more than 3 players, in general. Not sure what else you mean, i.e. race/class penalties and level variation amounts, but it's nothing unusual, should be about what it was on live during the era. Info is probably here on the forums or wiki if you search for it.

3. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

5. Blackdragonsdg

Blackdragonsdg New Member

All three of you answered my question. Was not sure how to search for that answer and I completely forgot AK had its own wiki. Thanks!