Eqmac on wayback machine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrontaur, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

2. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

Pretty cool, it's a start. Thanks Elrontaur for getting the ball rolling on this. I tried getting a hold of Nikolai myself via the Temerity website but they disabled new accounts.

3. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

I'm in contact with Nik on FB, he said he would take a look at the EQMac Forum DB this weekend to prepare it for re-publishing.

4. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

So sweet! much gratitude for your efforts!

5. Zanders

Zanders New Member

Aye, it is a start. Got blocked from looking at status of newbie quests.

6. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Searching the site from Wayback Machine is challenging, occasionally you'll click on a link and it will send you to a real URL which is no longer valid. The best way to look for stuff is to start at the top WBM link for the forum and drill down from there.

7. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Oiwon likes this.
  8. Zanders

Zanders New Member

Thanks Rob; I found Guard Carnita & Guard Fernaldo !

9. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

10. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

Hey Elrontaur, any new news regarding Nik's progress with the EQmac.com database? He mentioned solution, has he hit a snag? is there something he needs help with? I checked on Wayback machine and I haven't seen any more changes to the main screen. Not in a hurry myself, but I was just wondering if he could use some assistance.

11. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

Also I think next time you contact him suggest he would be welcome to start an account here to keep us posted, so you don't have to be the middleman for info. if it would be more convenient for him. There are plenty of people here to help if he needs it.

Oiwon likes this.
  12. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Haven't heard back from him yet, I'll ping him again today.

Oiwon likes this.
  13. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Any news from Nik about the EQMac forums, Elrontaur?

14. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Speedz and I have initiated a dialog about salvaging the data. We're waiting to hear back from Nik.

15. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Hi Elron, for this thread (http://www.takproject.net/forums/in...nce-does-not-scale-correctly.4589/#post-25935) we could really use a post I read some years ago on EQMAC:
    There the whole exp mechanism was described. The problem with wayback link is that it sometimes does not show deeper links. This is the forum where the exp mechanism was described:
    https://web.archive.org/web/2012030...php?f=33&sid=60fecb06f06df803408cb6087fece3b6
    The trhead was named: A Guide to Experience Mechanics on Al'Kabor, but Wayback machine cannot find it.

Did Nik ever replied to you?

16. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

17. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Guys, the problem is not knowing how exp mechanics should work. The problem is a dev knowing exactly what code to write and where (aint easy) and having the time to do it.

18. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Wow, thanks Elron, I didnt think it was here already.
    I do not understand your statement, Lenas. I think Zamiel describes exactly how it worked on AK, and the goal of this server is to recreate AK? So Zamiels post shows the specs - how to reach them, that is the problem the devs face, correct?

Ah, ok, Lenas, I think I understand you. You say that it is hard to solve this, right?

19. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

We understand how it should work, but the code is hard to understand initially and it is also hard to modify. Haynar has recently said he's going to try looking into it, but it will take a lot of effort.

20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I think we agreed a long time ago to go with the intended 20% 40% 60% 80% 80%/5 instead of the bugged 4+ group member multipliers for TAKP. The other devs should comment.

21. surron

surron People Like Me

So we have

120% for 2 people
    140% for 3 people
    160% for 4 people
    180% for 5 people
    180% for 6 people

instead of

120% for 2 people
    140% for 3 people
    220% for 4 people
    260% for 5 people
    260% for 6 people

I don't remember anyone agreeing on that. Not only should it be here because it was that way on AK but having the 4th person be a bonus would do well for the server imo because of the 3 box limit.

Neealana likes this.
  22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Sorry. When I said 'we', I meant the developers.

We already have the 20% global exp bonus, and this 20% per extra member bonus was actually one of the few things AK had that was implemented on PC EQ well after PoP's launch-- 7 months after in this case. (perhaps why they botched it so badly) On top of that, we already have bonus experience days or weeks, which never happened on EQ, and which I also object to but am overruled on.

Trivializing the experience curve ruins the game. People reach the level cap and quit, which hurts the CCU. People already went from 50-60 in two weeks with classic gear and no MGBs.

That's my take on it anyway.

23. surron

surron People Like Me

I understand, maybe we can rethink it when AA's arrive

24. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Maybe its just the three classes i chose but i find exp to go much faster when im grouped, just due to how much faster mobs are dying, regardless of the bonus (or lack thereof). I am always incentivized to look for groups.

25. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Nik just posted this on the EQMac FB page:

Hey all you EQMac folks who are still active in one form or another: Theeqmac.com domain name comes up for renewal in March. I have been paying for it for the past 10 years or so (wow...), but don't plan to use it anymore.
    If y'all think it would be useful (ex: for P99, or whichever of the other emus would be "right"), I'd be willing to make arrangements for a smooth hand-off (no charge) to a appropriate person. I'm not on any of the other forums, so can you post/discuss there, and get back to me, here.
    If y'all can't agree on a single new sponsor, or no one gets back to me, I'll just let the domain lapse, and whoever gets it, gets it.

Mike/Nik

26. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

He is offering the domain, nothing about the data we are wanting... Either way I could take it over and migrate the wiki or something.

Elrontaur and Mithryn like this.
  27. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Please do.

28. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Elcid will pay the hosting cost

29. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

This here is in the works, msg sent to Nik.

badfish and Elrontaur like this.
  30. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Any news on this?