EQMac Memorial - Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jikasoz, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Well, I would still like to see Rysia at her bind spot in POK. And Eloradodan ( sp ? ) too. As NPCs , I guess.

Frosst, Starsha and Fien like this.
  2. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

That would be out-freaking-standing, indeed.

3. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I would love that!

(Eloradanon)

Did anyone ever come up with good screenshots of Rysia and Eloradanon? If nothing else, their gear could be duplicated using the old MacGelo info and their facial features could be properly chosen pretty easily. The NPC idea would be really cool and a fitting tribute. Would be nice if there was some way to have them respond to hails (the same way that lore keepers tell stories throughout the game, even if they aren't offering quests).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Tesadar, Mokli and Sturmm like this.
  4. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I was on Xev which merged with D-Ro and Xeg if I recall correctly. good to see so many from the same server family.

5. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

Rob, Speedz, etc:

Is it viable to create memorials to some of the people who have passed? I know it creates more work and would obviously not be duplicating AK. Just asking?

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah we just need to implement it. where and who.

7. robregen

if you guys can list the deceased player's character race / class and where you would like to place them. I can surely implement it.

Also any pictures of them would work.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  8. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

upload_2015-7-2_13-10-54.png
    I used old models, so this was the way I remember Rysia.

She would have had a full set of the Elemental Chain armor for rogue from PoP expansion... all but tunic. And I know she had a black tunic, so full black armor. And of course she was wood elf. She very proudly wielded the dagger from Fennin Ro in one hand, not sure about the other dagger she carried.

Unfortunately, I can find no screenshots of Eloradanon :( Lots of RL photos available, but no in-game shots. I believe she was human/enchanter, but someone else better confirm that... could have been magician.

I still think the best way to build the NPC might be to get their MacGelo (Allakabor) profiles. That would include all the correct armor, weapons, etc.

Some general lore about Rysia is that she was in the very first group ever that got up to Quarm's chamber to see the great dragon in Plane of Time (on AK anyway). They weren't able to kill Quarm, but they sure got up there. I'm sure there are many other great stories of her adventures.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Starsha and Tesadar like this.
  9. robregen

where was her bind spot? /loc ?

10. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

As far as placement, I would imagine Rysia was most often seen near the Plane of Tranquility stone in PoK. Eloradanon spent much of her time in PoK between small bank and soulbinder.

I can try and get you accurate /loc's when I get home this afternoon.

11. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

12. robregen

I don't have access to that page. what class was she? I'm thinking she is a ranger. I can see that she is a wood elf.

13. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Rysia was definitely a rogue. I used to see her most often in PoK at about -149.73, -240.61, -156.25 (facing east); but don't suspect that was her bind spot. I would take Neea's word for it on Rysia's bind spot, sounds correct.

Rysia carried a Dagger of Distraction in primary slot and a Cudgel of Wrecking in secondary slot. Vengeful Mail of the Void for a BP and full set of Bidilis' Armor of the Elusive for all other visible slots (full rogue elemental armor).

14. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

In regards to Eloradanon, my son is telling me definitively that she was a High Elf Magician. And I would see her quite often in PoK around a tree (/loc would be -270.43, 338.69, -125.25; facing east).

Found her gear: she wore Bile Stained Robes. (Here is a link to her profile: http://www.allakabor.com/smf/index.php?page=profile&id=745 ). She carried a Grimoire of Enchantment in primary slot and a Shield of Auras in secondary slot. Velvet Slippers of Harmony on her feet.

15. robregen

okay I'll see about putting her at that location Neea had mentioned.

16. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

17. robregen

okay thanks

18. Speedz

Rob will be taking charge of the memorial since he is the database guru. This will be happening as soon as we can :)

I miss Jaz, grouped with him quite a bit at the end of AK.
    I didn't know him very well but was one of the most generous people I met online.

Tesadar likes this.
  19. robregen

okay I have Rysia at her bind spot on the Dev server if you want to check it out. I had to create a character with that gears that was listed on Allkakabor to get the exact texture and color.

20. Speedz

Also, I blocked those names from ever being used as well as variations of them.
    If anyone happens to see a name similar enough to them, by all means PM me please.

Neealana likes this.
  21. robregen

Does anyone have a picture of Eloradanon and Jazper? I can just recreate a toon and summon their armors based on the allakabor site to get the color and texture to match them up.

The only reason for the picture is the color of the hair, hairstyle, and face.

22. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I can create a high elf that looks exactly like her and get a screenshot, I remember her quite well. I could not find any screenshots in my folders.

robregen likes this.
  23. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

upload_2015-7-2_19-9-40.png

If I recall correctly, Eloradanon had this face. Can anyone else confirm?

24. robregen

okay Eloradanon is now at her bind spot on the Dev Server. if you would like to pay her a visit and to see if she looks right.

25. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Yinn, that looks pretty much like how I remember her !

26. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

i have a photo of jazper. we should get him somewhere too. im not sure of his bind spot he is not someone i associated with dieing often:)[​IMG]

Tesadar likes this.
  27. robregen

Okay I got Jazper in on the Dev Server. He's currently in the dark bank as you walk in.

So far I got 3 on the Dev Server.

Rysia - her normal bind spot on AK
    Eloradanon - her normal bind spot on AK
    Jazper - temporary placement inside the dark bank.

Neealana likes this.
  28. robregen

I went ahead and moved Jazper upstairs above Dogie on Dev.

29. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

Thank you all for doing this. It means a lot to many.

Baerrwin likes this.
  30. robregen

As part of the memorial implementation or rather Event, I was thinking of putting all three outside of the dark bank for a couple of week when next server update. Then put them back to their bind spot as a permenent memorial spot. How does that sounds or is that just too emotional to see them out like that?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015