Discussion - Rule 11 - Amended 12/28/2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yaximus, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

An ip exemption allows you to exceed 3+1. Even on a single forum account.

2. Yaximus

Yaximus Member

I'm not knowledgeable on this but I vaguely remember someone mentioning there were limits in place to people who have an IP exemption? that they can only play the forum accounts listed on the exemption?

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Nothing ties exemptions to any specific accounts. Thus the written rule.

4. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that some guild members who lived together had big issues logging in 6 characters (3 from one person and 3 from the other person) at the same time from the same IP, if those characters were not flagged in a certain way. They had no issues with their normal trios of 3 + 3 characters. And of course I know from my own characters that if I forgot to log out a character and tried to log in another, I would get a message box telling me that a limit had been reached.

I think the new rule is good. It opresses the people of the server and they live in constant fear of breaking a rule which isn't working. This is good for the server and good for mental health. It has already stopped 100% of >4 boxers and is stopping about 50 new 4+-boxers every day, latest polls show. A lot of veterans who have amassed far too much wealth in the form of characters and levels and epics are now finding their wealth and possibilities reigned in to an appropriate level. The server has basically become a paradise garden, free of crime and bad intentions. I for one do not want to return to its former state for people were far too jolly and gay then.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  5. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

Lurari, Haynar, Robregen and 19 others like this.

Quirk and Bum like this.
  6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

i always assumed Darchon was a master sewage designer but he can create good metaphors as well!

I approve this change request.

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Nah, going with snorks comments.
    Seems all is well and working as intended, no need to change anything.
    Will advise the team that nothing needs to be changed and topic closed.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I am open to that too. Permban anyone with more than 3+1 on.

Might be a tad too extreme. But what do I know?

jcmtg and Speedz like this.
  9. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

It's not just you, darch, that's what I thought too.

10. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

@Haynar and speedz

Agreed. It's surely the only way forward if you ask me. P99 folks always knows best and it was just proven here now.

To the rest of the server: You are welcome. I have always been a staunch fan of punishing everyone for the actions of the few and I am glad that me and the devs see eye to eye on this topic. If a select few cannot be trusted to play within the rules, it is best to not trust anyone at all.

11. necra

necra People Like Me

tbh its very simplistic to just look at how this effects us as players, could there possibly be a reason the devs have done this as it makes their lives easier to catch people 4 boxing with this rule? so they can spend more of their time developing content rather than trying to catch cheats. i dont know how or why or if this is even the case but i very much doubt they would invent rules that have a negative impact on players who do nothing wrong without there being a reason or perhaps an oversight.

Speedz likes this.
  12. jcmtg

jcmtg New Member

It's clear that the amended rule 11 (4+ active toons on at any given time from any 1 forum account) was enacted as a deterrent to RMT and not just 4+ boxing. And it works at doing just that.

It tightens-up/closes the loophole of selling game accounts but not forum accounts. If you RMT'd your accounts away but still participate on the server with 3 accounts, then your playing will conflict with the 4th account that you sold. The amendment squelches this and your buyer will now shitlist you and hopefully you get so burned on it that you never RMT again.... also you stub your toe IRL kicking inanimate objects out of frustration for being a scummy RMTer.

Side effect is that it's harder to temporarily share accounts. The sharing frustrations stem not only from the new amendment but from a different place entirely, start a new thread: I can't share accounts to get more DPS on a raid/I cannot buff optimally my guild raid due to sharing restriction -- that's cuz of the population, your guild recruitment, box restrictions. If you could 4 box legally, would that put the sentiment of the community into a state where it'd stop hearing complaints about the side effects of rule 11? Possibly. Maybe the sentiment would just be, "Not good enough! We need 5+ boxing because we were sharing all these DPS on such-and-such Dragon." Or even "Well, why not just go 6 box, please?" Back and forth we go "No one will ever interact" "But now we can use all our buffbots that we levelled" "The games about raiding" "The game's about the journey!"

Rule 11 amendment is not going away. It shits on RMTers. good riddance to them.

13. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

When did RMT have to be a part of this topic?

Bum likes this.
  14. jcmtg

jcmtg New Member

When it became clear that it's the main reason for enacting the rule? And to hopefully shush the calls to revert the rule?

EDIT: and now we can start discussing the real issue: now that we've been given the speed bump to our old way of doing account sharing-- how do we overcome it, while adhering to the rules? Let's start a new thread.

15. Speedz

RMT is a major portion of restrictions. It was ok'd in discord to bring up the connection.

16. gardnerjens

Why would people RMT leveled toons, there is not safety since its on a forum account its tied to. also if you buy or sell stuff and on EMU server, then i dont have any words

17. Speedz

This...so much this.

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

You are an idiot.

Stay out of this conversation. You have contributed nothing. And you clearly do not have a clue.

19. gardnerjens

I think Daybreak has another thing Called Kronos if people want to do something with RMT

20. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

While we're at it I think we should remove boxing altogether and only allow one box online at any one time. I have the developers' ears so I think I can make this happen, guys. This would be a boon to the population of this server and the server wouldn't feel as desolate or empty. Not that it does that now, but you know what I mean. It *could* happen if 3-boxing is allowed to continue. I know, I know, this thread is not the proper place to bring up discussions about new wants and features.

21. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Locking this because starting to really get pissed off at the direction some people are taking this.

Cadsuane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.