Dire charm exp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kovah, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Kovah

Kovah Active Member

Hey Takp, just wanted to get some confirmation on how dire charm exp works here.

the wiki (http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Experience_Points) states that:

Situation 3 - You are soloing and you have a Dire Charmed pet- * If you do half of the damage to the monster or more, you get all of the experience. * If you do less than half of the damage to the monster, the pet gets between 25% and 50% of the experience, depending on how much damage it did. * If you don't do any damage to the monster, the pet gets 75% of the experience.

Situation 4 - You are in a group and you have a Dire Charmed pet- * If you or your group do half of the damage to the monster or more, your group gets all of the experience. * If you or your group do less than half of the damage to the monster, the pet gets between 25% and 50% of the experience, depending on how much damage it did. * If you or your group don't do any damage to the monster, the pet gets 75% of the experience.

Using a Dire Charm pet can reduce the amount of XP given by somewhere between 25%-75%, so you might want to be careful using them in your exp groups.

That seems pretty straight forward, if the dire charm does less than 50% of the damage, the person/group gets the full exp.

But then I saw this post:

https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/12-26-2018.13219/#post-74385

This post is from Dec 26, 2018 and says:

Dire charm pets now take exp scaled to damage rather than two flat tiers. Approximate exp gained will be roughly the same. (either more or less depending on damage)

I don't really know what the above means, but the phrase "now take exp scaled to damage, rather than two flat tiers" implies to me that what's posted on the wiki about the 50% "tier" is no longer true.

Any clarity would be appreciated, thank you TAKP.

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

3. Kovah

Kovah Active Member

Hey showstrings, i saw that post, it was from Nov 2018, the post I linked is from Dec 2018 which implies something about that Nov post is/was changed.

4. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Showstring post discusses the changes that Torven was going to work on. The link you posted is the change log for when Torven got around to fixing and implementing the changes.

5. Kovah

Kovah Active Member

In the post showstrings linked, Toven says:

Ravenwing's link sounds like it should scale instead of using two flat tiers. Probably (if pet does >50% dmg): exp% = 75% - (petDmg% - 50%) / 2

That seems to line up with what the wiki says, is that what the formula was changed to in the Dec post linked in the original message?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020