Dire Charm EXP Penalty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I know this was a question mark in Zamiel's original EXP guide. And I know Live EQ has changed their EXP code too much especially with regards to pets for it to be a reliable source.

Have the developers decided upon what the Dire Charm pet Penalty will be?

Also from an academic level is it a flat Penalty, or would it stack in the case of multiple DC pets in a group?

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I suspect this is correct for our era (2004 post quoting a June 2002 Dev post):

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/pets-taking-xp.35273/#post-353158

showstring likes this.
  3. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Assuming all that is akurate what about the situation of say 3 boxing with a Druid chanter and cleric where the Druid has a Dire Charm and the enchanter with a regular charm pet. The regular charmed pet will definitely do more than the Dire (or at least theoretically should) so does that count toward the players total assuming the player does at least 1 pt of damage?? Basically would the actual player characters have to do more than 50% (not gonna happen with a Charm pet in the mix) or would the totality of the Damage between the player characters and the enchanters Charm pet be enough assuming it’s greater than 50%??

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Excellent question! I haven't the faintest idea.

Also, while I suspect the above describes how dire charm exp should work on TAKP, I have no clue how it actually does. That seems like it's probably Cavedude's area of expertise? And he hasn't been around for a while.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I would imagine the normal charmed pet would count as player damage, but who knows how that calculation would happen.

But in summary, Dire Charm useless for 3-boxing EXP basically. Great for a full group where it wouldn't do over 50%. Great for NToV raids.

Slayzz likes this.
  6. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I actually think in certain setups where the druid is DCing, you might find it useful. Assuming in mine, a paladin and beast could out damage a DC pet. If so that's extra dps coming from the druid healer without the charm danger.

I think for an ENC or NEC to use it, it would sacrifice exp in a three box.

7. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

This was my thinking as well for Bst/Dru/Brd. Dire charm an animal, give it some gear and buffs, and send it on the mob at ~70%. Should safely add a nice chunk of damage.

Aegnor Eldruin likes this.