Compatible Client + Local Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brokentechnology, Mar 10, 2019.

1. brokentechnology

brokentechnology New Member

I have been a long time lurker / player, very little poster.

I own the EverQuest Evolution box set, if I remember correctly this can be used with EQMac, with the modified client files for connecting?

If this is not the case, which client is the correct one again?

For my second question, I understand at this time we cannot run locally, but I wondered if there are exceptions to this. My reasoning for asking is I like cheats. I want to be able to spawn gear and goof around, maybe with a friend or two.

If this is not possible, I completely understand and will patiently wait, as we have been, for all the hard work the devs have put into this!

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Dev server isn't there to play around with friends in God mode. If you wanna roll your own sever it's going to have to use PEQ code / data until TAKP unlocks its source again in 2023.

lurari likes this.
  4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

At the same time, it would be nice to get more people testing on it.

5. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

I mean, isn't that how bugs can be found out also, by just playing around? If someone is there, "playing around" and doesn't report a bug they encounter, then sure I can see the gripe.

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Occasionally you will find a bug by accident. However true testing is intentionally specific and repeated.