Common and Fancy Travel Techniques

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by forgone, Aug 22, 2021.

1. forgone

forgone New Member

Hey TAKP. Let's talk travel.

Certain player abilities can bend space in the world of Norrath to great effect. The abilities Levant and Evacuate move a character to specific coordinates and create unique ways to travel past tough areas in certain zones for certain casters. Summon Corpse can act as a travel mechanism. Other mechanics such as Coth can help players in many ways such as getting down to Seb Juggs from the seb entrance quite quickly. The res mechanic seems like it could be useful for travel. Old school porting and translocating obviously matter also. OT hammer is a big one.

I wanted to ask the community what common and/or fancy travel techniques have they witnessed that work welll out in the wild. This could be for long distance travel or for with-in dungeon travel. In particular what techniques do you use to lug your non-gating melee characters everywhere you go with your more mobile casters?

I would love to hear perspectives on what travel tricks you have used to get your party of characters around.

Radda and Lyrina like this.
  2. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

3. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

"Miraguls Highway"...

4. forgone

forgone New Member

Hmm by Miragul Highway I am assuming you mean Fire Pots. Can a player bind in timorous deep on TAKP? Fire Pots are def a thing over on p99 but TD is no longer bindable there. On this server with PoK avail the Firepots would probably be obsolete for most of the ports there. I might run over to try it out.

I was more thinking along the lines of traveling past tough areas or within zones in clever ways due to the array of travel spells and other utility spells that can act as travel.

For instance Siren's Groto is often bypassed via Levant or equivalent Evac spell.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I just use #goto and put in the loc co-ordinates.
    Make sure you remember to flip the x and the y locs

DubRemix88, Walex and Smudge like this.
  6. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

I KNEW IT. Straight outta the Layonhands playbook.

showstring likes this.
  7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

A common one that some use when Wuoshi is up and you need to get to Kael is to port to CS, evac, zone into Skyshrine, evac, zone to WL, evac, zone to Kael. That is, if someone hasn't 3-boxed her yet.

8. Radda

Radda People Like Me

selos and DA

Ripwind likes this.
  9. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

The best part here is, a TP/L to WL is for many characters, a direct "TL to BP". For free! ;-)

Mokli likes this.
  10. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Everyone knows you risk it by TP and Exodus when going to WL.

Ripwind and Mokli like this.
  11. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

Is it legal to have a gnome sled team? Asking for a friend.

Lyrina and showstring like this.
  12. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Only if the gnomes are pulling the sled. Mush!

13. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

Does camping at the corner of Sirens still work?

That was my favorite form of Ranger Exodus.

14. Palarran

Palarran Well-Known Member

Druid+bard TL:
    Druid starts to cast a group port. Bard sings group DA. Anyone who wants to be ported clicks off DA; anyone who wants to stay behind leaves it up.

15. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

this aint no push-cart derby!

Lyrina likes this.