Classic EQ Plat Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daneril, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Daneril

Daneril New Member

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Pretty good guide and lots of nice tips! You can definitely come loot the corpses when someone is PLing in zones, Kurns being a popular one. Most people don't bother looting all them skeletons, takes too long :)

Some if of the differences on this server to p99:

1. This isn't single box server, so here you can pick multiple classes, a pocket porter for everyone!
    2. No ecommons tunnel game, but instead you got bazaar!
    3. Bone chips sadly don't sell to players here, I found that out when I started too. You can vendor dive and get all the bone chips you want.
    4. Some of the notable item price differences:
    • Bracer of Hidden will probably sell for 20k+ here, Faults was WTB it for like 100k or so.
    • Fishbone earring is 500p or so
    • Goblin Gazughi Ring is probably 20k+, used to sell for 100k or so (however, with imminent CT zone revamp and Boots of the Mosquito becoming available, this could change, the item is different (targetable vs self only))
    • Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring is 10k here
    • Ring of Ancients MQ I have not seen for sale ever really here, it's quite odd. Probably 2-4k or some such.
    • Idol of Thorned is around 600p or so here
    • Earring of Essence is around 500p here
    • Fungi Great Staff is around 2k here
    • Spiked Seahorse Belt is around 8k
    • Wavecrasher around 2k
    • Kedge Keep items wouldn't be worth much here
    • Hiero cloak around 5k here
    • Jaundice Bone Bracer is a tough sell at 3k
    • Mask of Obtenebration is a 10k+ item here
    • Steel Hilted Flint Dagger is 10-15k

However, despite lack of ecommons and player haggling, you can still easily resell things in the bazaar by doing item searches and scanning slots. This helped me a ton when I first started out, takes a while to learn price differences tho and requires much patience since things can take a month+ to sell.
    Sometimes items get put in bazaar for super cheap and you can easily flip them. Or just buy anything Tarkon is selling in alliance chat and immediately flip it for 30-50%+ markup in bazaar.

Few tips on what works here very well:
    • Spell Research
    Having a researcher INT char and vendor diving and selling some research spells works here for a few select desirable spells. I used trainer to train up research, cost me a few K plat, but I've easily made that back by vendor diving and combining some desired spells. This worked for ench, wiz and necro spells. Mage research spells are not really desired, since you can easily just skip the research pet.
    • Kunark Spells
    Not many people are hunting in Kunark areas since Luclin launch due to exp being somewhat poor, so droppable spells and subsequent turn in spells are still worth it here. I'm referring specifically to the level 51-55 Kunark era spells, not the 56+ spells from sebilite Juggs, or any Velious/Luclin spells.
    CoTH scroll will net you serious coin, can be sold for 12-15k relatively easily.
    • Tradeskill subcombines
    People will pay decent money for Heady Kiolas and Celestial Essence combines - they are just vendor bought items. You trade your mouse clicks for someone else's plat. A lot of new players have made a ton of money on Heady Kiolas.
    • Luclin Stuff
    Flawless Rockhopper hides will make you rich here. It's a great spot to level 40-55 (can even get to 60). Many stacks of Flawless Hides can be exchanged for some valuable items, as can be evident in the Bazaar forum subsection here.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    lurari likes this.
  3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I wish I knew how to acquire platinum :(

showstring and lurari like this.
  4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Me too (I was paying 100k for a BoTH because my need and funds were great - one time thing also it went for a trade)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    lurari likes this.
  5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Funds were great, his rmt purchase went uncaught.

lurari likes this.
  6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I see a lot of people wanting Burnout IV as well. May be worth farming since no one wants to farm it. Its actually a not so uncommon drop among the lesser dragons in WW.

Farming acrylia seems to be somewhat profitable too.

pharmakos likes this.
  7. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Yeah there's a lot of plat to be made if you bind a druid over by Acrylia Caverns so you can shuttle bagloads back to PoK efficiently.

8. quesosauce

quesosauce Member

your ideas are intriguing to me, and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Choir and pharmakos like this.