Class / race exp penalty or bonus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazlan, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

Will this be implemented or not. Can someone tell me how much it is. Will my troll SK level slower than just about any other combo? Will it effect exp in group situations?

/Kaz

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

If it follows AK guidelines class penalties should be gone. Race penalties should exist. And the single race benefit (halflings) should also exist.

3. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

How will the penalty effect group exp? I have read somewhere that back in the days characters with penalties would suck up more than their fair share of group exp thus making them less attractive to group with.

How will this be handled?

/Kaz

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I imagine that grouping bonuses here will be as they were on AK, which basically made it so that grouping was beneficial for all.

5. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

Quote from druids grove on exp penalty and how it was handled in groups.

I know it talks about class penalty which we are not going to have, but if racial penalties are handled the same way groups would prefer a DE SK to a Troll SK because they would get more exp.

I have no idea if exp in groups were ever handled the way described below. Im asking if it is going to be handled something along what is described below or just a straight up penalty to the poor Trolls?

Quote:

"Say a five person group kill a 100 exp mob. With no hybrids in the group, each member would get 20 exp points. With a hybrid, each would get 18 points while the hybrid got 28 points.

What this did was to allow a group of friends to level at the same pace. In this group, pures would level a little bit slower while hybrids leveled a little bit faster. Now what happens is if a five person group (with hybrid) killed a 100 exp mob, everyone got 20 exp while the hybrid got 26 exp. The extra 6 exp for the hybrid is magic exp that doesn't have anything to do with the mob just killed."

6. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Exp is something I know I need to tackle. But, I have to decipher our code first, so I don't break something by mistake :| Also, I'll need data (forumlas, bonus %, etc.) As much data as you can grab for our time period!

7. necra

necra People Like Me

Zamiel had a rly good guide to exp mechanics on the eqmac forums maybe somebody knows a way to get it

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Only thing I can find ATM from Zamiel

9. Xanthyn

Xanthyn Member

I seem to remember finding the exact formula for calculating exp, taking into account all of the variables such as number of members of the group, their levels, the level of the MOB, and the zone's ZEM. I believe this info will be available again when the database for the eqmac forums is made public, as is currently promised on the Eqmac.com tombstone that is currently up.

10. Ishio

Ishio New Member

Similar to this, is there going to be an option or a way to get old graphics on? Or are we stuck with Luclin graphics? Spell particle effects as well?

However hearing that race penalities are the only thing that exist, I'm excited to start playing this Alpha and find all those pesky bugs!!!

11. Esildor

Esildor Member

On EQmac.com Nikolai has this up:

Although, no links for the SQL yet .. this would give you all the information on the eqmac forums when it's up, which, would be pretty valuable. There was a lot of good posts with info about the server.

12. Zelius

Zelius New Member

ditto

13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Are luclin graphics even in? I've been playing with nothing but old models.

14. Esildor

Esildor Member

No they aren't, they won't be until Luclin.