Anyone having char select/Instability issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

I already posted in client bugs, but just wanted to repost in the general discussion just to see if its just me. Not sure if anyone is experiencing this, but Ill attempt to log on and sometimes instead of going to the correct char select screen that has the list of chars on that account it will load up what looks like an empty account and just says I have a newbie lvl 1 warrior. I will close it out and re-log on and then it will work. It does this like 25% of the time right now. Another 25% of the time it will go to the correct character select screen and when I try to log in with someone it will go to the EQ loading screen and freeze and stay there for a long time and then if I wait long enough, crash out.

In addition to the logging issues I also have had trouble zoning etc. I am crashing about 50% of the time every time I zone. Also sometimes when logging on it will also say that I can't log on due to error #0.. which Ive never seen before.

Finally even the auto join chat channels seem to get stuck. For example it will say "loading channels" as if its trying to join the auto join channels I have set.. but it never joins them

All of these issues have literally appeared out of nowhere around 4 days ago. I was hoping the reset would maybe address the issues or the server just needed to be reset to fix it as the client and launcher have worked flawlessly for me forever, but alas I tried logging in again just now post reset and the same issue seems to persist.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this or have you in the past and know a fix? Also it is happening both on my laptop and my desktop so it doesn't seem to be a computer/internet thing. Also if it was an internet thing that may explain some instability, but not the fact that the client is sometimes loading what looks like a blank account. Just odd.

2. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

Did you have any configuration changes to your router or modem during the last 4 days? It sounds like you're having packet loss issues at the ISP level. I had something similar when I got a new cable modem, and I just had to replace it. Also check the Signal-to-Noise ratio at your house to see if it's in sane levels, you can contact your ISP if you need help figuring that stuff out.

Slayzz likes this.
  3. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Thanks for the response Secrets. I’m not too savvy with the ISP/internet stuff but I will look into it. Nothing has changed. No new modem or anything like that at all. I tried unplugging and plugging my modem/router back in and it didn’t help. But if that’s what it sounds like to you at least that gives me some direction on who to contact and how to go about fixing it. Thanks! I’ll let u know how it goes.

I do know that spectrum who is my internet provider had some kind of a malfunction and shut down around that time and has had some repairs because it affected my business as well so maybe that has something to do with it

4. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

having similar issues, have read various reports of server issues in past few days from other players

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

few guildmates are also having similar issues with ability to remain connected, seen a few LDs on raids and some people who haven't been able to play due to constant disconnects

I'm not affected, my connection is fine

6. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

So I just logged onto my work computer with ZERO issues. So it must be something to do with my connection at home. Just odd it would appear out of nowhere. Wonder if I need a new modem or something. Maybe it is that packet loss thing

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I know Arris brand modems used to have issues, not sure if that's still the case.

8. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Try connecting with a wire instead of Wi Fi and see if the problem goes away.

9. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Secrets ! Firechipkelly WinSuperBowls... I thought of you last Sunday )