Allaclone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sketchy, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Am I missing something here? It seems that a lot of the functionality of allaclone has been removed. Data like spawn rates, drop rates, locs of spawning pH's, pH spawn %, drop rates. I may be forgetting or mixing up a few since I have used so many different databases. I just don't understand limiting information to the player. I somewhat understand limiting information for a few select spawns like Quillmane or sro AC, but everything else? Just doesn't seem necessary for such an old game. Half the time I go pull up a database for another server now to try and glean some information about the camp I am at. Again, maybe I am missing search function etc, but the premise still stands.

2. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Having too much info will detract from the spirit of the game really. It can lead to more accurate perma camps and some never getting drops etc...you name it.
    Also even Alla for live doesn't have that much info listed. But yes we reduced it to what Alla for live shows for the most part.

3. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I would argue that the most important camps are already common knowledge. Stuff like FBSS, SSOY, (drops from the Efreeti Lord in Solb that I am spacing on right now), and that the benefit of having databases listing drop rates is actually for player going off the beaten path looking for broken drops and quests. There is nothing worse in terms of EQ to be sitting camping a rare item, only to find that it has been removed at some point. I get some stuff should remain magic, I see that Robregen has changed Quillmane spawn mechanics, thats fine. P99 has a non-classic variation of that and AC SRO as well. Those are the rare and magical mobs we all remember. I am just asking for the dev team to rethink this. Besides, what is to stop someone from just going to the source and figuring it out with a bit more work? I ask this out of ignorance because I don't even know how to do this, I am not knowledgeable about game software at all. I know on PEQ /peqedit or even mqemulator.net (yes it is out of date) was used to settle a lot of debates about spawn mechanics and spawn rates on The Grand Creation and I believe it would hurt this project to remove such an important tool that the player base can use with ease. Thanks for your time and consideration, it is a tough decision to make.

4. Merriam

Merriam Member

Oh, I never thought we'd have full functionality for beta and beyond. It was a great tool for testing spawns, etc. (and I assume/hope we'll regain full functionality as we test each xpac), but I agree it's too much info for normal game play.

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Allaclone will continue to list what zone the mobs should be, loot drops, etc there. just not having a exact location and exact drop percentage and list every mobs in a spawngroup. If you don't see any loot there then you can report that. Or if you don't see a mob in a specific zone. You can also report that too. We just don't see the need to be too specific about everything.

6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ok that is fair, and in line with other servers, P99 has a similar philosophy, and of course live during that era was much worse. I have been spoiled by PEQ:TGCs very open policies. Thank you for the responses.

7. iance

iance New Member

This is also good to preserve the difficulty of outdoor roaming nameds, since the code on this server is so that all roamers always pop in the same spot, unlike Live where they would be able to pop at any point along their path.

Come Kunark and http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... spell=1755 this will open a whole new can of worms when people sit on the spawn point of Skyfire nameds and farm them that way.

Is it very hard to implement roamers popping in random locations along their path? Or is the only way to make outdoor roamers fair game to just make them all triggered spawns like Bilge and Quillmane?

8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

well the only way we can randomly place them along their path or anywhere in the zone is to script it. Database and code currently doesn't handle it that way. Maybe in the future we can implement something like that.