The Insanity Crawler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sketchy, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Has any other guild killed him yet? I was very intrigued by his strange spawn cycle and rarity. I hadn't seen him before, and it is kinda a raid encounter. If you look here he is included in the raid progression thread. Though I would place him in stage 2. It was cool to see him.

The Mythical Wurm itself. Technically a Vacuum Worm

Some of the Temerity kill crew who braved this wild encounter.

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I managed to get some info, good luck

upload_2020-3-9_16-30-40.png

3. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Did you guys kill him yet Rimi? Just to check it off the list?

4. nworbetan

nworbetan Member

I killed it once on live in the PoP era. I pulled it to the zone in, and used a corner at the entrance to block line of sight and avoid the mana drain aoe. The tank was a lvl 65 rogue with minimal aas and his best gear was from ssra because he was in a scrub guild that didn't really raid PoP much. The healer was a elemental and vt geared shaman with plenty of aas. It doesn't have crazy hit points like va dyn, or at least it shouldn't. Just finding it up seems to be the trick.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

nope, no interest in doing so either since it sounds like a multi-day poop-sock for a trash mob
    seems even more pointless than other 'check it off the list' type encounters

6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

You can do it without socking in front of your computer all day. Meh, it was an interesting mob to me because of it's rareness and unpredictable spawn. It's like doing Sontalak once, just to say you have done it.

7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Worm mobs are the worst anyway if you are a melee. /pass

8. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I'll take a worm over Dracoliche any day.

Mokli likes this.
  9. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

it was fun training ourselves with piles of centi, getting this guy to the zone-in before he poofed. the mob itself is pretty easy if you can catch him up. could be a fun trophy trio.

10. nworbetan

nworbetan Member

This. To add a tiny bit of clarity to what I already said about my one kill: I was boxing my friend's rogue and the shaman was my main at the time. Those were the only two chars involved. I don't remember for sure, but my gut is telling me shroud of stealth probably helped make the pull easier, or even possible.

Sabine and Pithy like this.
  11. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

The insanity crawler sees invisible and the centi do not assist him when you are invisible so that is the way to get him without a huge train

12. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Any way to post imgur photos here without the obnoxious branding and white bars. I just straight posted the links and was wondering if there was a better way to do this on this forum.

13. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Right click, copy image, paste image directly into post:

[​IMG]

14. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

hahaha thanks Taelor, too easy.

15. Lavittz01

Lavittz01 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried tracking this mob right after a wednesday reset ?
    Or tracking the zone throughout the day after a reset?

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

what for?

17. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I haven't spent anymore time really even looking for this mob so I'm unable to provide any further details. It was just luck that someone had found it up and we made it out in time to kill it.

If you put a tracker in the zone and afk somewhere safe you should be able to see the zonewide emote and then at least count back from there. 2 days +/- 6 hours. The despawn timer is unfortunate.