A guide to finding spells of all levels for all spell class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrontaur, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

What is the best way to figure out where to find spells for our current version of the game? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've made many fruitless voyages to meet a far flung spell merchant who didn't have the goods.

2. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Re: A guide to finding spells of all levels for all spell cl

http://lucy.alkabor.com/

I use the above link. It was perfect for AK and works pretty well for TAK. It helps to know what expansion spells were added.

3. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

The problem is the vendors listed, many are in expansions we don't have. Also, the AK Lucy links to Allakhazam which is pretty useless for us as far as listing vendors.

Anyone know how to get an accurate list of what our version's vendors have available?

4. abacab

abacab New Member

If Rob can print out each spell merchants list in the main cities you can do a compare and contrast with other databases; it should only take 10-15 minutes tops to pull all of that information if there is a PHP involved.

5. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, if you see a spell on allah for your level and it's only sold in zones that don't exist (e.g., Abysmal or even POK right now), then it means that spell was added later on and wont be in until they turn on the various "expansion." It does sound like they added back some of the later ports to old world vendors who had them. So most spells listed on a classic zone vendor should be there (e.g., you can find some 50+s in EC now).

6. Aerili

Aerili Member

I've been using the P99 class wikis, which list what is available in classic and whether its available from a general vendor or vendors in specific zones:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

For now I ninja added a link to lucy in the menu.

8. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

The P99 Wiki is just plain wrong for a number of spells, for example it listed my level 39 DS + AC spell Bramblecoat as being available in Surefall Glade. I ran all the way from Sol B to Surefall only to find out the vendor they listed DIDN'T HAVE IT.

9. Aerili

Aerili Member

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

On Al'Kabor, I generally found that the EQ Traders Corner site was very reliable for spell vendors so long as I disregarded listings for any vendors supposedly in East Freeport (which do not exist prior to the revamp). They list Bramblecoat as sold only in Kelethin and Steamfont.

Since most spell vendors are in cities, you can always roll a level 1 toon to check that a particular spell is available before making a long run, I suppose.

11. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

I had forgotten about EQTC, they have very legit vendor info.

12. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Am not sure why I have never noticed the gem to the left, under +TAKP Resources ..... Alla Clone !

Thanks for pointing it out Rob ;=)

13. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

USE ALLA CLONE ;)