A goblin penmaster.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Textman, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Textman

Textman Member

Hello everyone. I'm looking for information on where the "a goblin penmaster" spawns in the Temple of Droga. All the information from Allakabor, Allakazam, fourm searchs and various web search results, only give info post Droga revamp. (Droga 2.0) I found the "a goblin penkeeper" and got the drop I need from him for the Greenmist quest. I've spent several nights camping various rooms and cells around the jail area in Temple of Droga with no luck on finding the penmaster.

So I'm hoping some of you guys that have done this quest and tell me what room or jail cell he spawns in, spawn location, or any tips of how I can find his location on my own. Thanks for any help. Otherwise I'll just have to keep camping random mobs hoping to get lucky.

natedawg1372 likes this.
  2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

looking through comments on the quest itself looks like a bit more info available :

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1202&p=3#m101215519131084
    You actually only need the 3 keys if you have a rogue with you. The Bone Key, and Bone Necklace Key are found on the penmaster in the outer part of the jail. Use these to get to the inner part. The room next to the iksar slaves/enslaved iksar has the Penkeeper or place holder in it. He rare drops the stone key. These are the only 3 keys you need to hand in. The 4th key just lets you into the room with the enslaved iksar. Bring a rogue and you will save a lot of camping time.

and

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1202&p=3#m100788873386704

Neealana and John Stark like this.
  3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I think shrink or gnome form lets you walk through the gates anyway. I vaguely recall that when I did Greenmist a few years ago.

The problem is that with the version of Droga we have, both the p99 guide for Greenmist and Alla's is wrong, except if you look at comments in this time bracket.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Neealana and John Stark like this.
  4. Textman

Textman Member

Thank you so much Elroz and Mokli. I was so focused on finding info on that certain mob, that I never thought of backing up and reading Allakhazam's quest page. Again, I assumed that page would only have revamp info, but as you two pointed out, going back a few pages in the comments had some info that I needed.

Thanks again for taking some time to help me out, and possibly others too.

5. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Extra points for tossing random information like this into the takp wiki!

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Yeah, definitely, if you want throw something together Textman, that would be great. I was going to do a Greenmist guide a while back mainly because of this discrepancy between eras, but its a lot to put into a guide without cataloging as you go.

7. Textman

Textman Member

I've never tried to add info to a wiki. If I can come up with something I think is useful, I'll put it in a text file and see what works.

Mokli likes this.
  8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

You can send it over to me if you want and I'll try to do something with it. (whenever you're done of course, no rush)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022