9-20-2017

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Sep 20, 2017.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Added the ability to disable the casting of specific spells in the database. Any spells disabled in this way will be interrupted as soon as they are cast, before all other checks. GM flag will allow the spell to be cast.
    * Changed the functionality of CanBeInZone() to also support checking a zone before the player enters it. This allows us to cancel the zoning process before it even happens, so the player won't move at all. Unfortunately, this will not work for teleport spells as the client initiates an unsolicited zone request when those spells are cast. However, it works very well for things like doors (PoK books/stones.)
    * Changed the default rule for NPC buff slots to be 30.
    * Corrected an issue that would cause a trader account to become stuck, if they lack the Luclin expansion on their account. (This is not an issue on TAK, due to our web account management system.)
    * Primary factions can now be given unique faction cap values. min_cap and max_cap were added to the faction_list database table to configure the caps.
    * Having a DoT going at any time while feigned will no longer result in faction hits after the NPC is successfully mem blurred. If a DoT hits the NPC after the blur lands faction hits will again occur.
    * NPCs will no longer remember feigned players after Mem Blur has successfully been cast on them. This combined with the above change should hopefully completely fix this issue.
    * Corrected the issue causing Brusco`s Bombastic Bellow to require a component.
    Haynar
    * More netcode updates.

Database:
    Robregen

* Iceclad: Lodizal should no longer see invisible.
    Cavedude
    * Disabled the Cazic Thule port spells from being cast.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Lyrina and showstring like this.
  2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

And just to be brought up for discussion, the change went into effect on live after Luclin was released and before PoP.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So it was on AK, therefore it should be on here.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Yes. This would be a change worthy of now. Rather than a timeline, expansion kind of thing. We tend to do more a content timeline. Mostly. Some AK things we hold back til later. Like pet pulling.

Not much to debate.

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Yes, it just depends on how much of a progression server we want to be. Its not a trivial change, imo.

At least maybe people will roll more Necroes now.