9-16-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Sep 16, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* Fix Bard AA Jam Fest to match client behavior

Database:
    Robregen

* Kithicor: Correct the faction hits to Chief Gan `Shralok

Misc:
    Haynar

* Velketor: Fixed some bad pathing areas

Mechaike, Lyrina and solar like this.
  2. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Solar can we get some clarification on the adjustment to Jam Fest to match client behavior? And then is it true that only the bard receives the benefit from that AA on group or AE songs?? Ie Jam fast would only improve the resists of a song on the bard from 150 to 160 while the rest of the group would still be 150? Is that true? Thanks!

3. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

It would be good to know. Even if just to say "ha ha, I have 10 more resistance than you do."

Slayzz likes this.
  4. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

err. I suppose that would be easy enough to test by seeing the delta between yourself and others in group?

Slayzz likes this.
  5. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Ya, that would be easy enough to test, I guess a better way to ask the question is, is that a part of the intended change, was it there before, or does the jam fest adjustment have nothing to do with this and is something else entirely

6. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

There is a thread that explains this, but I am not seeing it with search, you may have better luck with search than I am having. IIRC the server was giving the bonus to the group server side, but not client side.

7. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

The way it works is that instead of the caster being considered as having a higher level for the spell formula, the target is checked. So it doesn't matter if the bard casting the song has Jam Fest, the one receiving the benefit of the buff is what's checked. Hence only bards can receive the extra benefit, regardless of who sings the song. This wasn't changed until after AK to work the opposite way where the caster is checked instead.

Slayzz likes this.
  8. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Awesome thanks for the response solar!

9. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

The original devs should have named it "Killer Solo" or something similar :D