9-19-2018

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Sep 19, 2018.

1. J1zmak

J1zmak Well-Known Member

Charm exp nerf was April 2003, GoD released Feb 2004.

lurari likes this.
  2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

You set a standard with the decisions you make and the reasoning behind it. That isn't hard to understand.

lurari likes this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

And considering the arguments FOR the da change were AGAINST monk ac - yea i'd say its more than a bit frustrating and a bit confusing(or was) haynar addressed that (and no @benzarden i wont change back bards are stupid OP).

lurari likes this.
  4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

just reporting that this is still problematic
    can't pull charm pets through tubes, and can't agro mobs and pull down from tubes
    they seem to disappear elsewhere most of the time, had it work maybe 2-3 times and not work around 5 times

Pithy likes this.
  5. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

I don't want to upset the ranger brigade because I don't want to get too involved with that debate, but just a word about the parses - I am not sure wizards are dominating to the extent Fox suggests. Yes, I am beating Link by 20% or so on the deeper VT raid bosses. But let's also be fair - I am using the best spell with the best focus and the best mana regen item in the game on a horse. I'm not quite maxed out on how much damage I can do in Luclin... but I am not really far from it. Link is using a Primal bow and has barely started to accumulate his +attack items, let alone a comparable Luclin bow drop, and he is boxing a rotting cleric at the same time. Link is going to close the gap on me more and more as the expansion goes on, so is Fox. By the day before PoP drops, if Link single boxed his BIS ranger using Seru bow and the fight didn't go on TOO long with him shooting without TS, I think he will pass me in damage (but I don't know for sure and it would depend on the mob and how careful I had to be with aggro).

Judging from Torven's parse post early in the thread I believe Link is already beating Wizat in damage, or is very close.

I don't want to fight against any ranger change, I just don't want the devs to think the argument fails because it got hyperbolic either.

Cadsuane likes this.
  6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I did a #hatelist 16 seconds after fake Aten enraged. Linkamus had done 64k damage. Sarafelle had done 77k. (+6kish from Xuzl, but I just nerfed that) Link beat all the other wizards and the rogue on a mob that has more AC than virtually all PoP bosses with a manaless 400 range attack skill that does much less aggro than anything else on a mob he probably wouldn't have been able to shoot on AK.

Cadsuane likes this.
  7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

The only wizard (that I have seen) that beat Link on mini aten was a main. She did 30% more damage not including any nukes from Link unaccounted for. VXAHR's AC is twice that of the average PoP boss and Link was at quite the disadvantage. He also happened to beat your the rogue from a distance and in danger of nothing.

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Can't edit but Torven beat me

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Regarding the front page: It was created by an EQEmu dev as a gift of sorts since he has impressive web skills and we expressed a desire for a better front page. He took the mission statement from an old 'about this server' post written long ago that I can't seem to find. Anyway, the statement he quoted also included a mention of bug fixes, but I guess he thought it sounded awkward so he truncated it; or somebody did anyway. I tried to get the front page text changed but it ended up causing an argument that resulted in my taking a break from the project for 7 months, so I wasn't keen on touching that lightning rod again.

Cadsuane and Thunderace like this.
  10. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Was I using archery the whole time? I thought on all those bosses I only used bow for trueshot, then went in and meleed with a bane weapon. The bane weapon is making a HUGE difference.

lurari likes this.
  11. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

[​IMG]

12. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

So let me get this straight. Once an hour a ranger still can't beat a wizard with archery or whatever combo of archery / melee he's using.

Most of the time he can't beat them anyway when not in TS window.

It's ok. I'm adopting a new philosophy on this, and as one of the MTs of temerity i can actually make it happen. We're not cornering shit anymore. It's not that bad. Keeping mini aten or aten uncornered is easy enough, we don't really need to corner anything. This case is now resolved, you can keep archery in it's bugged non corner hitting state, no mob is rooted in a corner (for now) so we should be ok.

Just a final question on this topic and i'll let it die forever: What do you think would happen if you removed archery not hitting in corners and what mobs SPECIFICALLY do you think this would create an imbalance on? Any mob, Luclin or PoP.

This is for me to understand where all of this stems from.

lurari and Foxboxx like this.
  13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

The ranger in question beat every box wizard in the fight, as well as the top rogue, and at the end probably only had 20% as much hate. In other fights without disc he was still in your top 5. I don't know what combinations Link is using but he sure is a poster child for Rangers not needing any help.

14. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

TS and then melee for sure. You had 868 hits from my vantage point, clearly dual wielding and double attacking.

Fox, who was right behind Tarkon, used only archery from what I see.

15. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

He used a bane weapon, not a bane bow tho. IIRC he only archery'ed when trueshoting then switched to melee on very mob, correct me if i'm wrong link?

16. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I think that is correct, Bragon. I'd have to double check my logs, but I was mostly melee if memory serves. Again, the bane weapon makes a huge difference.

17. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Fox was bow only. 48k reported but if nuking optimally over the eight minutes could have clocked another 8600 damage to nearly match Tarkon at 57.3k. On a mob with double the AC of upcoming pop bosses. Oh yeah and that's a primal bow versus a bloodbath / vulak dagger combo.

18. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

This is just a short version of the goal. The long version is: Our goal is to make it as close as it was on the official Al`Kabor Server with bug fixes as well that never made it to the Al'Kabor server. With the eqmac community help and all, we believe that goal can be achieved.

Thunderace likes this.
  19. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Trueshot?

20. bijaz

bijaz Member

Crap okay, maybe there was a second nerf in GoD era? Might have been the pet damage nerf in response to people cheesing the trials with those pets that looked like Watto from the Phantom Menace?

21. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

i mean ultimately it doesn't matter, i'm sure he TS'ed if he got close to a rogue, Shouldn't be close to sarafelle tho, even with TS. It's all good, we've closed the book on that one already, walls it is

I still wanna know tho:

22. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Mini Aten, yes. TVK no it doesn't look like it and Fox is still right there only 5k total under Tark.

23. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

if he TS'ed on mini aten chances are he did for TVK. We wiped on the way to DXVT so we had a solid hour clear between TVK and DXVT. DXVT we cornered so there's that.

24. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

His max hit on TVK was in the 900s which is in line with a regular AM3 crit. His max on mini was 1688.

25. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Shit ranger cooldown optimization, got it

26. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Which tubes? Or all? They may just need more nodes up and down the tube.

Also going up or down?

27. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

OoW was when the real charm nerfs came.
    Thall Va Kelun shows Link as having a max hit of 1589. Definitely trueshotted both TVK and Fake Aten.

Sidenote: Gorrok dominated the melee charts on TVK, coming in 5k damage ahead of even the Trueshotting Linkamus!

28. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

We already know about Link, but he combines archery and melee. In that quote I was talking about you, who appeared to be using archery only based on amount of hits.

29. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I always enjoy these threads. Lots of intelligent nerds getting down and dirty about their strange pixel passion. Of course I always read them and "like" half the posts, so I am no judge. I see a lot of people caring about what happens to the server, and that is a good thing. If no one cared this place would be a trash heap.

I really don't care for divisive statements like this though. That and some of the hyperbole don't add any value to the conversation and just end up rustlin' people. Besides, who wants to quit? There is nowhere else like this. Most of us have invested a significant amount of time here, and the community is great. People are just trying to make sure that the server stays a place that they can come nerd out and slay crusty pixels. Or do whatever it is that draws people here. Lets actually collaborate instead of telling people to get out.

Anyways, carry on.

Slayzz, Mokli, lurari and 3 others like this.
  30. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

nerf monks you say?

Lenas likes this.