9-19-2018

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Leave me out of it.

I am not of the opinion that DA was game breaking.

Mokli and Linkamus like this.
  2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Funny, I don't recall any disagreement in dev chat. In fact somebody wanted to make the change secret for lulz

Bum, Foxboxx and Tryfan like this.
  3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I said we should fix archery and monk AC to make up for nerfing DI.

I did not oppose the DI change. It looked like I was only one aware it existed. And I copied and pasted some of Daldeen's (Darcon) posts about it from p99. Showing more that it was likely AKurate as is.

I thought other devs would be cool about fixing monks and archery, while nerfing DI. Occasionally throw the players a bone.

I was not aware of some unwritten rule that bug fixes must be nerfs only.

Denzal, J1zmak, showstring and 4 others like this.
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

@Torven, the pet hate hotfix is working great. Thanks for the quick patch.

@Haynar, I haven't tested thoroughly but I've had at least two mobs warp through the Ssra tubes since the reset. Z-axis pathing sure seems like a sticky wicket :(

5. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

As I've stated repeatedly, I'm in favor of Monk AC. If we seemingly have a majority on this, I don't know why we don't do it other than some devs being ambiguous on their opinions.

pharmakos likes this.
  6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I watched two bosses last night. Hopefully this isn't inappropriate to post:

[Wed Sep 19 20:52:16 2018] Diabo Xi Va Temariel says,'You will not evade me, Gwenavear!'
    [Wed Sep 19 20:52:30 2018] Diabo Xi Va Temariel says,'You will not evade me, Piffle!'
    [Wed Sep 19 20:52:35 2018] Piffle has been slain by Diabo Xi Va Temariel!
    [Wed Sep 19 20:56:37 2018] Diabo Xi Va Temariel says,'You will not evade me, Wizat!'
    [Wed Sep 19 20:56:43 2018] Wizat has been slain by Diabo Xi Va Temariel!
    [Wed Sep 19 21:25:02 2018] Va Xi Aten Ha Ra says,'You will not evade me, Wizat!'

The spell effect in EB spells skips the code that caps bard hate. Somebody mentioned this and I verified it on Live and implemented it awhile back.

You guys are all for 'violating it' when it's a bug you want fixed. Darchon is the only one who isn't. How many monk posts did you make, Faults?

When I signed up here I was promised bug fixes. I'd have left long, long ago if all the AK nonsense were put in and I suspect our population would be nowhere near what it is if we had included all of it.

From the research Darchon found that was deleted on p99 and that Haynar pasted in dev chat:

"I used to be able to DA, and then click off the buff almost instanty & have no aggro ( or at least less ), but since LoY this no longer seems to be working."

Ykesha was Feb 2003. Unfortunately the links no longer work to verify.

Also regarding DA hate: It's very possible that the mechanic worked similar to rogue evade, placing you between two haters on the list instead of doing a strait division or reduction; so it's really not possible to know how it worked because I doubt any tests done on AK accounted for this.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Seems I wasn’t paying much attention during DXVT! I was mostly juggling characters to get our CotH crew rezzed and buffed! On VXAHR I camped around 80% and crashed, was able to get back in around 60% and burned my entire mana bar without pulling aggro.

This appears to be the go to strategy. Start off light cast 1-2 Nukes that the MT will override with initial aggro and clickies, then AFK med for a minute back to full cast a few more Nukes, AFK med to full, maybe camp out, log back in and dump your mana bar.

However I doubt the # of summons and deaths from overaggro differed much between nights, however I shall look into my logs tonight.

But yea looks like some people have to figure out aggro control a bit more.

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Will be nice to get those other LoY fixes in.
    Are we getting maps, better raid window and Celestial Regen AA buff with PoP release, or earlier?

Dane and lurari like this.
  9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Getting sick of the same color of my robe as well. This is fashionquest after all. After all, its not game breaking, just visual changes.

lurari likes this.
  10. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Re: dxvt, I believe some of those deaths were from rampage getting chaotic. Gwen especially couldnt possibly pull aggro that early if it was just straight aggro. Wizat was killed the second time while still recovering from dying the first time.

However that said, notice I didnt die even with no DA and no logging out, and I am sure you can see my damage. Thats why I am fine with the change. We dont need DA to be just fine.

11. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Many. And its because I saw post-AK fixes put in. I am frequently on the opposing side of changes. The fix to cov, Tolon, fungus grove ae adjustments all come to mind. I am opposed to this as well. Typically I am opposed to the changes because typically they seem like they are a response to how we play on TAKP.

showstring and J1zmak like this.
  12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Clearly we need to add a delay when logging into an active raid zone to better simulate what the game was like

13. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Torven do you watch me when I shower? Ughh yah that was me on Piffle last night actually. Flew too close to the sun on that one. It was late and I was tired. He doesn't have a DA earring anyways. More concussion next time, or a relog.

14. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

RE: Bard Fixes

Thanks Solar for all the bardly attention!

I haven't had the chance to test scaling with and without puretone on different songs. Might need to cooperate with another bard that doesn't have AAs to see if everything is calculating as expected.

I did notice that refreshes and fade messages seem to be working properly.

However, right after I logged in yesterday, my dain clicky was fading. I tried recasting, and the new buff did not overwrite the existing. I wasn't able to replicate this behavior later in the eve because i was getting regen buffs, but I'll try again and report back if clicky refresh is an issue.

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

[Wed Sep 19 20:52:08 2018] Display hate list for Diabo_Xi_Va_Temariel000..
    [Wed Sep 19 20:52:08 2018] - name: Piffle (Wizard), timer: 2, damage: 15176, hate: 13047
    [Wed Sep 19 20:52:08 2018] - name: Gwenavear (Necromancer), timer: 0, damage: 7874, hate: 11942 (+1000)
    [Wed Sep 19 20:52:08 2018] - name: Miyamoto (Warrior), timer: 0, damage: 6704, hate: 11742 (+2250)

[Wed Sep 19 20:56:30 2018] Display hate list for Diabo_Xi_Va_Temariel000..
    [Wed Sep 19 20:56:30 2018] - name: Wizat (Wizard), timer: 1, damage: 47816, hate: 38512
    [Wed Sep 19 20:56:30 2018] - name: Miyamoto (Warrior), timer: 0, damage: 19841, hate: 37811 (+2250)

[Wed Sep 19 21:24:52 2018] Display hate list for Va_Xi_Aten_Ha_Ra000..
    [Wed Sep 19 21:24:52 2018] - name: Wizat (Wizard), timer: 4, damage: 43088, hate: 48591
    [Wed Sep 19 21:24:52 2018] - name: Bragon (Warrior), timer: 0, damage: 21539, hate: 47494 (+2250)

16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I lack AA's tae lets try some shit tonight.

17. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

If a DPS caster never dies, he's probably not doing his job well

18. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

#NPCParseStart ?

showstring and Tryfan like this.
  19. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The best casters always get summoned when the tank dies. They know how close they can fly to the sun without getting burnt... until the tank dies and then they explode in a magnificent way.

20. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I don't have an opinion on monk AC. Though I don't know if trading fixes is the right way to settle a disagreement.

Slayzz and Dane like this.
  21. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Ain't no ramp on DXVT

22. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I don't think this should be seen as trading fixes so much as being consistent with how we treat things that are clearly broken (archery, monk AC).

slamurai, Slayzz, Mokli and 5 others like this.
  23. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Which is the one where all the dumbfires were dying? Thats the one Wizat died twice on, isnt it? I have a hard time believing a wizard pulled aggro after a midfight rez.

24. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I never used DA for aggro crap.

Why would this be #ravenwinged or #Darchanated if I wasn't abused it??

25. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Yes. We must take and run with the most important thing that this thread has revealed - accurate parses are indeed possible!

Mokli and showstring like this.
  26. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

TVK

27. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I deved the zone and I don't know which one is TVK

28. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Thall Va Kelun. 1st mob after clicking up from DXXT. Pretty rough mob until slow lands and we tried a new pull which lead to voids at the top of rampage list that pets continually filled.

But I could've sworn pets couldn't actually ramp tank unless they were the only ones in melee range. Maybe I am wrong though!

29. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

The pets could have been dying to ripostes, but that was not my impression watching from the back.

30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I'm racist against Akhevans because they all look alike to me with gibberish names.

I mostly remember these by their classes. TVK is the rogue boss.

I think Ravenwing told me that pets could get on ramp, as I mostly implemented rampage based on his description. It's been awhile though.