6-15-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jun 15, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Eye of Zomm will no longer force the caster to stand after it has faded.
    * Eye of Zomm will now swim at a painfully slow rate.
    * Corpses will now sink to the bottom in water.
    * Fixed an issue that sometimes caused corpses to end up in the wrong location when they fell off a boat.
    * Rewrote /camp to fix an issue causing the player to leave their group when the camp is abandonded.
    * Removed the "soandso has left the zone" message players recieved when a group member zoned.
    * Moved a log message when a player leaves the group to a better spot to avoid spam and confusion.
    * Added accountid column to group_id. This is for the benefit of world so it can remove a member of a group after the client's variables are cleared.
    * Changed success in CheckIncreaseSkill() to use uint8, and added an enum for SKILLUP_SUCCESS and SKILLUP_FAILURE to make it less confusing and easier to read.
    * Damage and death packets will now be sent in the correct order. This corrects some invalid messages including most pain and suffering messages.
    * When death occurs on a combat swing, the final damage packet will no longer be sent. The death packet will handle the final damage message(s).
    * Consolidated the death packet creation code to a single method.
    * Environmental deaths (falling, drowning, etc.) will no longer produce the pain and suffering message and will now generate the proper message for the type of death endured.
    * Added comments, logging, and performed a general cleanup of the damage code, particularly when a death is involved.
    * Damage shields should now bypass runes.
    * Non-melee damage messages will no longer filter under Damage Shields.
    * Divine Intervention/Death Pact will no longer fade on a failed rolled. The buff will remain until you either roll a success or die.
    * Changed the success chance of DI/DP to be closer to the client's formula.
    * DI will now heal NPCs for 100,000 HP.
    * When zoning, players will now receive the message "soandso is now the leader of your group." instead of "You have joined the group."
    * The out of range spell check that happens at the end of a cast will no longer generate interrupted messages. Instead, only the caster will see "Your target is out of range, get closer!" using the spell failure text category.
    * Changed healing messages to use the spell chat category.
    * Corrected some NPC spell messages to use default white text instead of spell.
    * Players will no longer see what spell has been cured, and instead will see "Your target has been cured."
    * Fixed multiple messages that were not correctly displaying for corpse summon spells.
    * Addressed a rare zone crash I see locally. (Not clue if it's fixed or not, I'm not exactly sure what's causing it.)
    * Removed the hardcoded zone_controller NPC as it was creating issues with encounters. The NPC is now found in the DB with ID 10. It will need to be given a spawnpoint in whichever zones it is to be used in.
    * Call of the Hero will now despawn the target's summoned pet and fade charm on their charmed pets.
    * If the target of CoH is within 100 coords of the caster, aggro will not be cleared and the caster may draw beneficial aggro.
    * Randomized the zone-in locs of ports slightly to help prevent players from incorrectly falling to death. Please note: This does not prevent falling to your death while encumbered. The more weight you have, the more likely you are to fall while zoning.
    * AE Mem Blur spells will no longer cause beneficial aggro.
    * Added some logic I overlooked in the Divine Intervention rewrite.
    * Bard pulses will no longer stick on targets who are invulnerable.
    * Corrected the Bard stacking rules regarding spells and songs that are different types (Beneficial vs Detrimental.) This allows as an example Guardian Rhythms and Tashania to stack.
    * Mobs buffed with Divine Aura will now be picked last when a NPC chooses who it will attack each swing.
    * Mez spells with a Mem Blur component will have the Mem Blur effect skipped if the target is already debuffed with the same Mez spell. If a different Mez is cast, any Mem Blur component will be rolled as normal.
    * Spells that use a stack blocker are now properly handled in the Bard stacking rules.
    * NPCs that are immune or are too high in level for a charm or mez spell will now properly resist it.
    * Healing a charmed pet will no longer create beneficial aggro.
    * Minimum faction value cap is now -2000 instead of -3000.
    * Bard song server filters should now match the client's filters.
    * Bards will no longer see the "Your spell did not take hold" message when detrimental AE songs are cast and there are nearby players. Instead, the player target will receive a protected message.
    * Spin stuns on NPCs will now have a random chance to break early. Whirl till you Hurl and Dyn`s Dizzying Draught have a higher chance to break.
    * Corrected an issue causing the stun component of a spin stun to drop without fading the debuff.
    Haynar
    * Improved movement of mobs/pets over short distances, so they no longer look choppy sometimes while moving.
    * Fixed an error with the delta position translations from the client, which was not accounting for the (+/-) correctly.
    * Improved the loiter logic when a mob resumes moving, associated with feign death. Mobs should not linger every single time and will resume movement after they start facing their desired direction.
    * Fixed an issue with rotations when mobs return to their guard position. They should rotate smoother until they are facing their guard heading.
    * For NPCs, the delay in moving following loss of engagement, should no longer reset for other loss of aggro methods, such as coh, mez/memblur. The total delay is maintained so that even for FD, it does not reset after one attempt unless it has all been used up.
    * Fixed an issue when a client's charm on an NPC breaks, causing their target to get corrupted.
    * Snared pets will follow their owners a little better, rather than being snared to a stop, when they hit the distance they would switch to walking.

Database:
    Robregen

* Pet should now duel wield without weapons.
    * Added a missing flavor text to Froggy in Sebilis
    * Goblin Drunkard in Sol A should now cast spells and a pet.
    Robregen / Haynar
    * added Various possible spawnpoints for Quillmane/PH found on live
    * shorten the respawntime of trash roaming mobs in South Karana to 36 seconds.

Misc:
    Haynar

* added pathfile for Runnyeye.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
    Bum likes this.
  2. robregen

Quests:
    Cavedude

* timorous section of Captains_Skiff is now working. (You can take the skiff to zone into butcher, but not the other way around currently.)

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

The Great Bum Economy Equalization Act of 2016™

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

lol... how many people had to get 1000 more Chardok faction than they should have? :D so glad I have been putting that off.

5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

After patch zones keep crashing(namely Hate)

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Everfrost just had a zone reconnect message pop up as well.

7. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I can't stay connected long enough to gate out, heh.

8. robregen

we are applying a hotfix shortly

9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I am seeing snared mobs able to move at higher health percentages than they could previously - possibly a side effect of the snared pet fix?

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

... and now I can't seem to reproduce it with either bard snare or druid snare. Will investigate further, but possibly my imagination again :p

11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

thx rob

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Snared pet fix was only with a pet following owner. Very confined to follow owner movement code.

13. robregen

there was a discussion in the eqemu-dev channel about what the max and min faction should be set at based on finding from various sources. the min faction were never set in begin with so it was there like forever. It was also changed on eqemu as well. https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commit/b10187f9de8ec9de883db54d212580cfa9610648

14. robregen

Database:
    Torven/Cavedude

* readjusted Pet AC value since it was missed or overlooked when the mass AC readjustment were applied to NPC across Norraths from the previous patch.

15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I'm just glad I need 99 less stacks of goblin skins now for my 3 characters.

16. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Thanks, it looks great! I was just chatting with Pithy and Darchon about this, and snared pet behavior seems much more accurate now.

The issue I was looking at with snare actually seems to be a consequence of bard snare in particular interacting with SOW on NPCs after the bard stacking fix. I'll test it a bit more and post a bug report.

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have just been living in droga lately, leveling all my chars there. Finally hit amiable on my sk. But I have been saving skins. Got a lot of them.

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Just wanting to confirm... Is this now the correct faction point distribution?

-2000 to -751 - scowls
    -750 to -501 - threateningly
    -500 to -101 - dubious
    -100 to -1 - apprehensive
    0 to 99 - indifferent
    100 to 499 - amiable
    500 to 749 - kindly
    750 to 1099 - warmly
    1100 to 2000 - ally

19. robregen

it hasn't changed in the code: https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server/blob/master/common/faction.cpp

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]

Lenas likes this.
  20. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Is anyone else getting lots of crashes while zoning since this patch? Pretty much every time I zone a toon into Sebilis, I crash to desktop. This happens whether I zone toons in one at a time or all at once. Possibly something to do with the zone-in loc randomization change? I'm using the OS X client.

21. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I can reproduce it. I'll do some tweaking and ask for a hotfix.

22. cavedude

Bah, no not related to locs. It isn't happening locally or on Dev. And, I just now crashed using #zone to get to sebilis. #zone was unaffected by this change. So, something else is going wrong :I

23. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I will try to do some testing later. See what could be different with zoning.

24. cavedude

Anybody else having trouble getting into sebilis? It seems Pithy and I both crash when we click on the port, but Robregen does not. I also don't crash on any other server.

25. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I also crash when I click on the port to Seb. Seems to happen every time, and is new since the patch. OSX client.

26. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

FWIW, after I click the portal to Sebilis, crash to desktop, and re-enter the game, my toons are in Sebilis. I don't crash when I go from character select to Sebilis.

27. robregen

yeah weird. I click on it 3 times and I have not had a crash at all.

28. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Ditto to Pithy. So I'm not stuck or locked out of the zone anything; it's just a nuisance when I zone in.

29. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

try other zones that you need a key to click into? only thing unique i can think of about seb

30. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Thanks for that. Key's zones, may be related.