6-13-2018

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jun 13, 2018.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Pets no longer get a hate bonus. This means pets will not hold aggro as well-- particularly at the lower levels. At higher levels this will be less noticeable.
    * Engaged NPCs flagged with the Proximity Aggro special ability will now only add new (faction appropriate) melee range entities to their hate lists if they are closer in range than the current target.
    * The 'first in range' +35 hate bonus now functions differently for Proximity Aggro NPCs. It is now applied to the closest entity instead of the first entity in the list.
    Haynar
    * Using /camp desktop will remove world authentication, so it will more reliable shut down the client.
    * Mobs will now correct their z location better when they get in combat range. This helps correct mobs that have fallen below the world.
    * Removed a keepalive function that was send in chatserver stream, as the client completely ignored it.
    * Improved behavior when a mob is chasing a client or npc over water transitions. This helps prevent mobs from falling below the world.
    Robregen
    * Bard instrument mods identified in OP_Buff. (Secrets)

Database:
    Torven

* Various NPCs throughout the world now have 'proximity aggro' AI enabled, which is the classic undead-aggro behavior. This includes mostly 'dumb' NPCs such as animals, golems, yeti, blobs.
    * Aggro radii has been adjusted in several old world zones.
    * Many low level undead (and a few non-undead) NPCs have been flagged to aggro high level players.
    * kael: Idol of Rallos Zek granted a large assist radius.
    * dalnir: The Kly Overseer proc rate increased significantly.
    * beholder: Added several missing spells to various NPC spell sets.
    * beholder: NPCs added to zone: Brahhm (rare Mino NPC), Qlei (rare clay golem NPC), a goblin veteran.
    * beholder: Aggro radii reduced significantly for most NPCs.
    * beholder: Spawn rate for the zone is now 6 minutes zone-wide.
    * beholder: The number of spawns that King Xorbb may spawn from has been reduced.
    * beholder: Base King Xorbb faction is now KoS.
    Robregen
    * Shadeweaver: Newbie area near PoK book has been redone
    * Shadeweaver: Xakras and Beetles in Newbie area will respawn at the appropiate time.
    * Shadeweaver: Tegi type mobs should no longer roam near the PoK book newbie area.
    * Najena: Ekeors should now drop the sash every time.

Script:
    Robregen

* Coldain Shawl 8: Avatar of Below should now say the player's name instead of "Pirotess" in the text line.
    * Icewell Keep: Chamberlain Krystorf will now give the correct turn in text line in addition to the actual complete quest turn in text line.

Misc:
    Haynar

* Updated pathing around entrance of Velktor's.

Baler likes this.
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Im curious about these Beholder changes...

So King Xorbb has placeholders now? I thought he was just some Vaniki-style long spawn sort of mob.

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Vaniki has invisible men and scripts to make it an unpredictable spawn. Sony didn't go to that kind of trouble for classic zones and probably lacked the functionality at the time. Xorbb spawns from killing stuff like a typical named.

4. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

The changes in agro and radius have me quite interested. And the fix for mobs falling below the world.
    Thank you!! :)

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Chat channels are dropping more than usual. My alliance is offline noticeably more than before.
    Also we use channels for dkp tracking, and a lot more people are dropping channels since the patch (and missing attendance ticks, requiring manual fixing).

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Good to know.

I was actually looking to camp King Xorbb before this patch went in so I suppose I'll find out exactly what the patch note means.

I did see the goblin veteran when I was there last night. I look forward to seeing the rest of the mobs added!

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

You should have camped it earlier

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

That's what I figured.

Care to provide any insight into this change? Is it only the 2 roaming EEs as PHers? Or any roaming mob? Or only the EEs at the altar?

My research suggests he is primarily a roamer, but not many people are certain about him.

9. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

I explored the zone while I was trying to get a rare named to spawn. I did manage to pop king xxorb twice and both time it was roaming around the zone.

Darchon likes this.
  10. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I sat my bard with a merc at the 4-way for a few days to get spawn loc data. I spawned Xorbb half a dozen times at least.

Before I changed the zone, spawns were 20 minutes with like 13 or 17 spawns possible for Xorbb (forget) with a 1% chance each. I reduced it to 4 since I reduced the spawn time to 6 minutes and he's supposed to be rare. We can't set a spawn rate less than 1%, so I had to limit the number of spawns. This actually makes camping it easier if you know the spawn locs. Sony also randomizes where respawns can spawn at which we cannot do-- at least not for non-box regions.

Xorbb is a wanderer as Rob said. Doesn't spawn from the throne statics.

The zone still needs a little work since the path grids don't align with the spawn locs, but I had already spent too much time on it while Luclin is weeks away.

Darchon likes this.
  11. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I really love how you guys continuously tweak older zones to move the server towards total (or as close as possible) completeness. Really appreciate everything you do.

Sketchy likes this.
  12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Had some rather unusual agro behaviour on our Kael raids today.

During King Tormax, at around 70% health, he summoned and killed one of our clerics.
    Then that cleric got rezzed up, and was medding etc, not doing anything. Then at 20% same cleric got killed by KT again. He was not on rampage. The MT did not lose agro besides that incident.

Statue of Rallos Zek was pulled, engaged and being tanked. At 80% health he turned around and killed a bard who was singing songs and meleeing with a drum in main hand. Then at around 40% health he turned around and killed a mage pet. The MT did not lose agro besides those incidents.

During fight of Idol of Rallos zek, 40% he turned around to kill a level 54 paladin, then killed a a shaman pet, then went back to the main tank as per normal.

This was highly unusual and we never experienced this kind of behaviour before. No root proccing weapons were used or anything like that.

13. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

the drolvarg guards above the drawbridge at the entrance of Karnor's Castle now agro from ground level. don't think they're supposed to. luckily it wasn't too big of a train. :p

14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Code modifications to hate mechanics were actually fairly minor this patch. I haven't a clue why this could be happening. I suspect that it's an older bug. I recall watching a Vulak raid last year and seeing a mob flurry a pet while surrounded by players. I may need to watch raids to do a quick #hatelist on stuff to get some idea.

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

No changes were made to Karnor aggro radii. Although I did make the back sentries prox aggro, but that wouldn't cause this.

I tried to replicate this issue but could not.

pharmakos likes this.
  16. lurari

lurari People Like Me

FWIW, we didn't have any glaring aggro issues like that in NToV last night.

Might be isolated to Kael? Though perhaps NAG was unlucky or I didn't observe the obvious.

17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Dunno what happened on KT but on Statue and Idol did you happen to have someone wielding a Tunare weapon from your previous kill?

Those root proc weapons make the statue/Idol not happy.

18. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Could this be related to corpse drag agro Rimi? Maybe the cleric dragged their corpse before looting and something is up with that type of agro since patch.

One thing I would say, is that maybe it was a fluke, but I did notice it was easier for me to pull aggro off of those who use stun spells/procs last night using my SK's AC taps. Maybe something is up with stun aggro.

19. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

This was not long after the LD issues in EW and Kael, wondering if the zone didn't come back up right.

20. Megolash

Megolash New Member

Not sure if related to prox aggro stuff but I had some evil and good characters up in growthplane and the PoGs came and killed the evils as expected, but then mowed down a non evil druid who is not kos. He was sitting near them when they came for the evils. Two other non kos PCs did not get killed and they were sitting further back from the fighting.

21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Nothing in growthplane proximity aggros. I have no explanation

22. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

i was the 54 paladin here. i dumped most of my mana into spot healing the tank, in between melee swings. without DA to clear agro like our clerics were doing, perhaps i ended up legitimately on top of the agro list?

23. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

was just wielding my Fiery Avenger for fashionquest purposes

24. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yea there's no way a paladin generated enough heal aggro to pull aggro from the MT at 40% on Idol.

Either weird stuff is happening or Idol got rooted.

25. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

This is something I've noticed happen to cleric pets specifically for quite some time now, and i'm fairly sure there was a bug report about it somewhere, but I'd have to look. I specifically remember even in HoT when Nukem's army of cleric pets would run out, and for no reason a mob would switch off of a Knight tank with plenty of threat built to kill one of the pets.

I've never noticed it on anything but cleric pets, though. Pallys stealing agro because they don't know what DA is has been a pretty standard theme to the TAKP pallys i've played with, but never on a mob like idol. Usually just mobs that take a bit to build agro on, like Ventani.

26. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I approve of your priorities

lurari and pharmakos like this.
  27. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Haha, you've done so much work on fine tuning combat, and all I care about is pretty pixels :)

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Turns out cleric and wizard dumb pets had been flagged to allow them to tank. Lord knows how that got there. Anyway, that's fixed.

Slayzz, Sketchy, Mechaike and 5 others like this.
  29. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

so its possible, the mobs turned to attack the pets, then pally ate a riposte?

doesn't explain the cleric dieing though far after rez

30. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

i turned off auto attack and tried to move away after the first hit, so it wasn't ripostes.