5-2-2018

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, May 2, 2018.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

The only time we've had problems with clerics drawing aggro during engage on TAKP is on the rare occasions when we've fought a boss in close quarters, and clerics were in melee range. When the clerics and tank all get the same proximity bonus, engages are much riskier.

2. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

Never heard of this before.

3. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Defensive reduce damage done and always have. Since aggro is calculated per swing independently of actual damage i do not believe it was ever a thing.

4. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

You generate less threat while in evasive, not defensive, is what I remember.

5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

This is what I recall as well, never defensive though.

6. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Neither. You land less blow while in evasive.

Decrease Chance to Hit by 33% with All Skills

Evasive is a straight up increased chance to miss, which doesn't affect your agro since agro is generated when you swing, miss or hit.

Now if it was say, a decreased chance to double attack or dual wield, you would have less swings and therefore less agro, but that's not the case.

7. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

The only way evasive should lower aggro is if it is not possible to proc on a miss.

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Hate per swing is weapon damage + damage bonus. Defensive effectively reduces the weapon's damage, so it depends where Sony got the damage at for the hate value. I actually did test this on Live and the hate seemed the same, but Live has softcoded disciplines now, so it could have changed. Regardless I'm not going to reduce hate in Defensive without some evidence.

Morbo: Weapon procs do activate on misses.

Evasive won't lower your aggro gen here and I don't see why it should.

9. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Right. I don't believe the formula ever cut the weapon damage straight up, it was calculated at the tail end of damage calculation, making the hate calculation remain the same since the weapon retained its damage + damage bonus for the hate calculation purpose.

At least that's how we've always parsed it even back then. I don't remember seeing any evidence that the disc would cut the damage of the weapon straight up for hate purposes.