3-23-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Mar 23, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Rewrote how trader items are loaded. Changed the logic performed in the initial loop and added some additional sanity checks. This should help to prevent bogus or no drop items from being added to a trader's item list erroneously especially in the last couple of slots. This will also help to keep better track of items when they are moved around in the satchel while the trader window is up.
    * Traders will no longer need to price all their items or remove no drop items from their satchels before starting trader mode. The server will simply skip over those items, if the client sends them.
    * Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the item in the last slot to not show to buyers, or to display as a bogus item.
    * Rewrote the logic for adding a item while trader mode is running. This was required since we no longer require all items to have a price beforehand. This also fixed a bug that would allow a trader to put a no drop or bogus item up for sale.
    * Replaced references of SerialNumber which our client doesn't use with inventory SlotID. This will help to ensure the proper item is being worked with across the board in the bazaar system, particularly stackable items.
    * Changed the item number variable to int16 in bazaar searches, in case a buyer has more than 255 of a given stackable item.
    * Fixed an issue where the bazaaar search would occasional "split" a stackable item into several items.
    * Lots of general cleanup and adding/changes to bazaar logging.
    * Fixed a bug with moving items to a corpse that created issues with soulbound bags. (GM only)
    * Changed the error handling of the above situation to attempt to correct the problem on the fly, instead of giving up. (GM only)
    * NPCs will now try to flee at regular intervals once they are below the HP threshold.
    * Bazaar search for All Effects, Haste, and Flowing Thought will now work properly.
    * +mana items will no longer update current mana when equipped or removed.
    Haynar
    * Fixed the range check for bard group spells in raids.
    * Netcode updates.
    * Added special handling to prevent going into packet loss.
    * Rewrote how resend of dropped packets are handled.
    * Changed arq responses to use a moving window for deleting ack'd packets.
    * Netcode updates to limit burst packet data rate sent.
    * Fixed pathing in HHK and Unrest basement.

Database:
    Robregen

* Change Quillmane spawn mechanic in South Karana removing the need for scripting.
    * Change Brother Qwinn and Grizzleknot spawn mechanic.
    * change respawntimer on sister island to 6 minutes.
    * added Wans undead frogloks in with Zols types near Frenzy room in lower guk.
    * Bazaar is now an outdoor zone.
    * wolf form should now be kos in FV.
    Robregen/Torven
    * Add a missing spell proc to "The Golem Master" in The Howling Stone.

2. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Great work guys :) <3

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

We did Trakanon this morning and I'm not sure if anyone went LD during the raid. Thumbs up.

Elrontaur likes this.
  4. vannari

Just had a LD type issue. I was spam clicking a pile of corpses to quickly loot and then it started saying "You can't do that right now" and I could no longer loot or use my hotkeys or cast any spells etc, just like when you go LD. Only difference to normal LD is that I never actually went LD, and my ping/pl meter didn't change. /sit worked so I just sat and camped him out.

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Been hearing positive things about the connection stability regarding to this netcode change. We're on our way to a more stable server. thumbs up!

Spankage, Elrontaur and Throy like this.
  6. vannari

Yeah done a few raids and lots of xping in the last couple of days and no lag!

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Connection has been great! Chat chans has be bad! Can we get auc/ooc turned back on?

8. vannari

Making groups buggy in PoK again btw.

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Please don't post cryptic stuff. I have no clue what buggy groups mean. Unless you let us know better what buggy groups mean, then we cannot do anything about it.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

In your eqclient.ini, make sure the Defaults section, you have a ChatKeepAlive=TRUE in there.

H

Elrontaur likes this.
  11. vannari

I said 'making' groups is buggy... At least read the posts properly before you criticise. This has also been mentioned countless times before. I even made a thread about it.

12. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

This is a pro tip.

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Still no clue what you mean by making groups is buggy.

14. vannari

15. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I've tried to narrow it down a little, it seems that group leader isn't passed properly if the leader ld's/crashes and possibly even if they just camp out without passing leadership first. Might also be an issue if the group makeup changes while someone is zoning. Like inviting someone to group while someone else is still zoning when the person joins group. I've had it happen a lot but I still haven't narrowed it down much more than that.

16. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

So we are still having people show up in groups, that used to be in them before? Or chat showing up from ppl in group, that used to be in it? Thats what vannari's thread is about. There were specific issues at that time, where certain things with groups were not getting cleared in the database. So that whole thread is being ignored, because they were specific to certain bugs introduced to a patch about the same time.

Still not answering the question. What is bugged?

You cannot invite people to the group as leader? Are there messages involved with this? Is it a specific person, or all people?

You cannot be invited to a group? Are there messages involved? Messages to you, or the person trying to invite?

Need more information is needed.

I have one bug I know about. If you get invited to a group, and zone without accepting or declining, you cannot be invited to any group without camping. It sends a message to the person inviting, that you are pending an invite to another group.

H

17. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

I cannot find this in my eqclient, Win 10 user here.

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

You will have to add it. Client reads it in. But its not set up to create it in default eqclient.ini. Under [Defaults] add it in that section. I am going to add it to my eqgame.dll to set up that if its not set.

19. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

That setting is enabled

On three boxes one will stay on, others will stop, can't /join etc once it stops

An example: I have three baz traders, all 3 connect, within 10 minutes 2 can't chat again/see chan while third works fine, no connection between which trader will keep working and sometimes all 3 will stop

It's unreliable

20. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

The bug itself is when you invite someone to group and they hit accept, but it doesn't actually put them in group. They then can't join a group until they relog. The person hitting accept gets the message "You have notified ____ that you will join their group" and then it just doesn't put you in a group.

I don't know if this is the exact same bug, but I was able to get to where accepting invites failed (here's exact steps) :
    I formed group in PoK - Elroz leader + Marvn, Melvn, Spaides, Destony.
    I made Marvn leader with /makeleader.
    I dropped group on Elroz + Melvn and zoned them to OT.
    I zoned to OT on Marvn (the group leader) and invited Elroz + Melvn back, they joined without issue.
    I zoned all 3 back to PoK.
    I made Elroz the group leader again.
    I dropped Melvn + Marvn from group and zoned them to OT.
    I zoned Elroz to OT and invited them, and they couldn't join group.

there's probably a shorter route to get the bug to happen, I'll keep messing with it

21. vannari

Tried to invite someone, got some other person instead. Also got invited by my other character and ended up in someone elses group. Zoned back into pok, and it put me in a full group with people I was grouped with earlier that day. Haven't seen any phantom chat but I haven't spent much time in pok, I usually zone out to make groups. Also get invites from people and I click accept and it doesn't put me in the group. No messages, just invites and follow as normal only it gives these strange results.

22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you get group bugged where you cannot be invited to groups. Instead of logging out and back, typing the command /disband will often fix you.

FYI.

23. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

i have had very limited success with that command. what i've occasionally had more success with is having the would-be group leader target the bugged char and disband them (even though it doesn't show them as in group). but even that rarely works.