3-1-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Mar 1, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Pets summoned by NPCs will no longer have their guard points set to their summoned location.
    * Area Taunt is now 25 range and is no longer blocked by geometry.

Database:
    Torven
    * Some spells cast by traps will now be less resistible.
    Elroz
    * Lots of small tweaks to npcs in qeynos, qeynos hills, qeynos catacombs, and blackburrow.
    (added some missing npc procs, emotes, faction discrepancies, level ranges, etc.)

pharmakos, Mechaike, Cadsuane and 7 others like this.
  2. Radda

Radda People Like Me

lets gooo

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Because of this item, would it be possible to get an Allaclone sync please?

4. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Some spells cast by traps will now be less resistible.

Getting to High Priest in ssra is now harder than high priest.

Break, Radda and DubRemix88 like this.
  5. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

Thank you, Torven!

6. green_grocer

green_grocer Member

Good to see this server still getting TLC!!!

7. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

the changes in qeynos : putting rats, bats, and snakes on their own factions so they'll assist their own types. Fire beetles were the only ones doing that before on takp. Also bats and rats will con dubious instead of indifferent. Added some missing procs like feeble poison on snakes, fire beetle spit on queen klicnik, lesser plague rat disease on qcat giant sewer rats, dread touch on dread corpses. Most uncommon spawns didn't have level ranges set, so for instance they'd spawn as a level 7 every time, when they should be 6-8. Still touching up a few spawns in qeynos hills and then I'll move on to butcherblock and gfay.

8. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Love to see the attention to this content. Some of my most fond and wonder-filled EQ memories are of noob zone adventures. Thank you!

RichardCox and Frosst like this.
  9. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

it's gonna be super accurate when we reexperience leveling up after the source-release-date server wipe hits! (jk)

10. Elroz

yeah it sounds good on paper, until you're swarmed by poisonous snakes like Samuel L. Jackson

Mokli, Kithani and Frosst like this.
  11. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I remember avoiding snakes on live at the lower levels because of the poison, so this rings a bell with me. It was more unforgiving at the lower levels than some people may think.

Break likes this.
  12. JemiS

JemiS Active Member

Might be worth taking a look at Giant Field Rats in QH and spawn rarity vs other types of rats. In particular, it seems like Scruffy spawns really commonly for a named rat relative to the non-named versions, but that may be intended behavior.

I spent about 12 cumulative hours with tracking trying to figure out what shared spawns with them, and had a hard time nailing it down, but would regularly go a full day/night cycle without seeing any spawn.

13. Elroz

Scruffy is ph cycle for tovax vmar. The spawn tables and pathing for regular mobs could still use work, though. Guards should be consistently killing PH's as well, so more chance of finding something up when you get there.

pharmakos and DubRemix88 like this.
  14. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

You rock dude

15. JemiS

JemiS Active Member

Got it, thanks! Am I also correct in assuming that rats (any variety) don't spawn at night? I went through about 10 day/night cycles with default tracking to see what spawned when I killed something, and it seems like spawns cycle to favor bats, but it was a small data set.

16. Elroz

from what i understand, just mass killing roaming mobs like rats, bats, wolves, etc should spawn most the variety