2 questions about Luclin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bighank15, May 29, 2018.

1. Bighank15

Bighank15 New Member

1. Will rangers be able to auto fire and bards melody?
    2. will dire charm pets steal exp (even if 1pt of damage is done)

thank you

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Server_Comparison
    • Bards do not get Melody
    • Rangers do not get Autofire

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Experience_Points

Pets Doing 100% Damage
    If one or more pets (including charm pets) deals all of the damage to a mob, then only 31% of the normal XP will be awarded. In these situations, have someone in the group do at least one point of damage to all of the mobs. Low level nukes or Ceramic Bands are handy for this purpose.

Note that the 1 point of damage does not necessarily have to come from someone inside the group in order to successfully "unlock" the full experience gain for the group.

Charm Pets
    Using a charm pet does NOT reduce the amount of XP given.

Dire Charm Pets
    Using a Dire Charm pet reduces the amount of XP given by an unknown amount, so you might want to shy away from using them.

Hope that helps

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

As post above. Never on this server will /autofire or /Melody be options for any class.

Dire Charm pets siphon some percentage of EXP but I don't think anyone ever pinned down the exact value.

They're really just useful for raids. Thinks like drakelings in NToV and plenty of PoP options. But you don't get pet hold so you have to monitor your pet pretty careful in AE environments.

4. Bighank15

Bighank15 New Member

just planning my AA grind trio. If DC doesn't give full exp ill prolly sub in my Beast. Would be cool to know how much exp is affected. DC pet is much easier to manage, its nice to be able to use the restroom and not worry about charm breaks haha.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

It's definitely convenient, but you can always just memblur a normal charmed pet and go to the bathroom and reclaim him when you're back.

Charmed pet EXP will likely only be surpassed by AE groups due to how powerful they are. Assuming you can control them of course.

6. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Can't go wrong with a BL, that's for sure. Charm dps is > all, though.

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

BL suck

#facts

Morbo likes this.
  8. Quinas

Quinas Member

Could this be better expressed? They seem to contradict.

"If one or more pets (including charm pets) deals all of the damage to a mob, then only 31% of the normal XP will be awarded. "

"Using a charm pet does NOT reduce the amount of XP given."

9. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

It just means that using charm pets in general AS LONG AS a player character does at least 1 pt of damage does not cause a reduction in xp given. The same rule applies to any summoned pet or charmed pet. If a player character neglects to do at least 1 pt of dmg to the mob and the charmed or summoned pet (or combination of the two) does 100% of the dmg to a mob then the xp is reduced to 31% (according to above, I am unaware of this exact reduction).

The only exception to the above rule being Dire Charm pets which DO reduce the amount of xp given regardless of whether or not a player character does at least 1 pt of dmg. However, the exact amount of xp reduced from Dire Charm pets is not completely known.

I.E. don’t use Dire Charm pets for regular leveling :)

Although I would like to know the exact xp discount for using a Dire Charm pet to determine whether the rate in which you can chain kill increases significantly enough to outperform or outweigh the reduction in xp

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Cadsuane likes this.
  10. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Difference circumstances. Let's use an easy case to examine:

Killing a mob awards 100 exp points.

If pets alone (charm pets, regular pets, whatever) do all the damage, you only get 69 experience points – 31% disappears into the universe.

Use of a charm pet does not per se reduce the amount of exp awarded per mob. Charming doesn't siphon some amount of experience – assuming you deal at least one point of damage, you're going to get 100 exp points from your mob kill.

There are a lot of myths, misconceptions, and changes to the EQ exp formulae. On this server, you quoted two rules for how pets do (or do not) affect experience gained per mob. Experience gain is complicated, cloudy, and the devs have done some guesswork in their efforts to emulate EQ; sometimes, like with these two rules, they tell us the rules this server follows, while at other times server code and logic is not disclosed.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Slayzz likes this.
  11. Yinikren

Yinikren Well-Known Member

Charming without doing a single point of damage awards 31% exp. 69% disappears into the void. Otherwise afk killing would still be profitable.