2-10-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Feb 10, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* PVP areas within a zone will now work properly.
    * Controllable boats will no longer attack and should function properly now.
    * Fixed the issue causing merchant wares to not show up while sneaking. Also fixed a later problem with buying the items caused by the same bug.
    * Merchants will no longer bug the client if selling an item to the player fails for whatever reason. The player will receive a bogus message for now, until a better opcode or way of handling it is found.
    * Mem Blur spells can now be cast on NPCs, PCs, and pets.
    * Corrected the Monk disc fade message.
    * Harmony and AE Mem Blurs will now have unlimited targets.
    * The Wizard Al'Kabor spell line can now hit 5 targets instead of 4
    * Added multiple reuse timers for disciplines.
    * Added a sanity check to hopefully prevent overflowed discipline timers.
    * Corrected an issue where the spell effect reuse timer wasn't being cleared when a /disc fades.
    * Voice Graft fixes:
    - The buff will now be applied to the client instead of the pet (This also fixes the double message.)
    - Pets will now only be allowed to speak in /say.
    - Voice Graft buffs will fade when the current pet no longer is spawned (getlost, death, zoning.)
    * The corpse rez timer will now continue to tick if another character on the same account is online.
    * Corpses will first check the zone they're in for characters on the same account before sending the world packet. (Missed in last commit.)
    * Equipping or unequipping HP items will now add or remove the proper amount of HP.
    * The server and client should now be more in-sync with HP updates.
    Haynar
    * Changed how client z is saved from the OP_ClientUpdate packet. This is to help with some slight bouncing.
    * Reduced frequency at which client position updates are sent, when not moving.
    * Reverted some z_offset changes that are contributing to large dragons falling into the world.
    * You can now get conjuration skillups using the Eye of Zomm spell.
    * Fixed an item loss issue when you die with items on your cursor.
    * Made adjustments to rate at which ack packets are sent to client. This should help with LDs for some people.
    * Reduced keep alive interval for tcp connections.
    Torven
    * Client AC calculations were higher than intended since a December patch and have been corrected.
    * Pet melee misses will now generate hate.
    * Pet spell damage is now more hateful.
    * Magician air pet stuns fixed.
    * Damage hate from procs now stacks with 'Instant Hate', so effects like the warrior epic will now apply the correct amount of hate.
    * The melee hit chance algorithm is now more precise. Also, the to-hit and avoidance numbers should now more closely match Sony's.
    * NPC offense and mitigation values have been adjusted to more closely match new data, and client + NPC values should now more closely match Sony's.
    * NPC avoidance AC calculations have been slightly adjusted to match new data.
    * Client avoidance and mitigation AC bonuses from agility are now precise. Previous calcs were in error and were incorrectly applying larger than desired bonuses for low level characters. AC calcs for the server should now be absolutely precise at any level or agility value and #showstats AC will match the client. Thanks to Secrets for the decompile.
    * Monk weight penalty now matches the EQMac client instead of modern clients. Thanks to Demonstar for the decompile.
    * Warrior berserker frenzy to-hit bonus implemented.
    * Ranger level 55+ atk bonus implemented.

Database:
    Robregen

* celestial essence should now be combinable to all classes.
    * Verix Kylox Remains in Karnor Castle should now have a pet.
    * froglok_reet_shaman in Sebilis should now cast their spells.
    * removed goblin skin, salt, and Warlords Insignia from goblins in Frontier Mountain.
    * added a missing loot "ring of dominance" to a sarnak warlord in Frontier Mountain.
    * fixed cosmetic ghost weapon from Gnoll Watcher in Qeynos Hills.
    * spectral commanders, keepers and champions should no longer assist each other
    * Adjust Elial brook heretic faction based on live.
    * Qeynos Guards and various merchants should now spawn and despawn like live. 8am to 7pm and 8pm to 7am. (thanks to Harakari)
    * Tyokan_Mekase should now only spawn during the day and Whysia_Flock only at night. (Harakari)
    * fixed a disease shark in erudnext to have an appearance of normal shark instead of a hammerhead (Harakari)
    * made young shark be tiny in size in erudnext (Harakari)
    Torven
    * Kunark air pets were casting stun twice and have been fixed to stun only once.
    * Trakanon's Deadly Lifetap proc rate was higher than intended and has been reduced. (to 18% down from 25%)
    * Swirlspine seahorse assist radius returned to normal since pathing was improved.

Script:
    Harakari
    (EQClassic)
    * a_diseased_shark in erudnext should spawn 3 young sharks on death not 1
    * Iceberg & Frostbite: Null check if NPC to follow is up before trying to follow it
    * Graham Rothkar: fixed timer to despawn a_young_lion
    * Watchman Dexlin: Stop skeletons spawn timer after the first time to prevent endless spawning
    * Deputies in Rivervale: Removed unneeded string.format
    * Ember and Wista: Fix lua comment and check NPC existence before following
    * X`Ta Tompi & X`Ta Timpi & X`Ta Tempi: Fix faction calls that used strings instead of ints as argument
    * Zulort: Use correct faction reward for froglock turnin
    * Zulort: Fix Newbie Note turn in to not yield negative faction
    * Captain Rohand: Added Faction Check for specific message triggers
    * Tax Collection involved NPCS: Corrected Faction Hit for asking for taxes
    * Tax Collection involved NPCS: Asking for taxes no longer requires asking the quest giver first
    * Guard Lasen: Added Text for Thirst Quest
    * Guard Lasen: Corrected Reward Message
    * Guard Forbly + Guard Naret + Largon Welsh + Guard Phaeton: Add Message Trigger
    * Jusean Evanesque: Added correct response text, fixed faction rewards for bard quest
    * Jusean Evanesque: randomized coin reward
    * Leanon Ruksey + Quinon Hulleaf: Added correct quest turn in message and faction reward
    * Lomarc: Fixed Faction Reward
    * Faction Fixes & Missing Texts: Quest: Cure for Lempeck Hargrin
    * Fixed Faction rewards from all involved NPCs; randomized coin reward
    * Added Text trigger for Lempeck Hargrin
    * Removed Jalorin Script / Later Expansion NPC
    * Guard Elias - Added missing Dialog
    * Nerissa Clothspinner - Fixed Faction Reward
    * Milea Clothspinner - Fixed Faction Reward
    * Draze Slashyn - Added missing quest dialogs
    * Gash Flockenwalker - Made sure Raffel spawn is unique
    * Raffel Minnmorn - Added missing quest dialog
    * Gerael Woodone - Fixed Faction Rewards
    * Fabian: Added missing Dialog & Fixed Faction Rewards
    * Sansa Nusk: Fixed Text Response & Fixed Faction Rewards
    * Kizzie Mintopp - Fix Faction Reward
    * Guard Dunix - Add missing Dialog
    * Guard Weleth: Missing Text Triggers and faction checks
    * Gharin: Fix Faction Rewards; Add missing quest triggers; Added Faction check for trigger words
    * Te`Anara: Fix Faction Reward
    * Nomaria Doseniar - Add Turnin and Reward
    * Pyzjin & Tovax Vmar: Added Missing Text Triggers
    * Pyzjin: Added engage message
    * Holly Windstalker: Added missing dialog
    * Guard Weleth: Fix order of message trigger checks
    * Aenia Ghenson: Added faction checks and messages;Added death message
    * Behroe Dlexon: Added faction checks and messages;Added death message; Corrected Faction Reward
    * Priestess Jahnda: Added quest turnin for PrayerBeads
    * Brother Estle: Fixed faction reward
    * Brother Hayle: Fixed faction reward
    * Tyokan Mekase: Added faction check for trigger phrase and quest turnin
    * Whysia Flock: Added faction check for trigger phrase
    * Added Quest Recharge Prayer Beads
    * Fixed a few turnin gold/plat comparison
    * Tyokan Mekase: Added missing dialog triggers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
  2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

/applaud

3. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Looks very nice, lets hope LDs are better

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Added stuff specifically to try and help.

Ransom and Elroz like this.
  5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

thank you devs! Haynar the LD's and lag seem to have greatly improved for me, as well as zone-times and everything else. I've only had 1 desync and it occurred when my enc died, it desynced my sk at the same time. I'm also using your fps limiter/patch and that has helped as well. Will let you know if anything changes, but huge improvements so far! Thanks again

6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

pets working great, thx!

7. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Had 1 crash on zone and 1 desync on zone tonight which I rarely used to get, some slight lag where the raid disappears for a moment, but mostly seems ok while playing.

8. Radiskull

Radiskull New Member

Great work guys, appreciate everything you do

vannari likes this.
  9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Zoning times seem better for me oddly enough after this patch. Although they weren't terrible before. Basically 20-25 seconds down to 10-15 seconds. Before this patch, occasionally a character would seem to get stuck and it would longer than 30 seconds. At that point there was a good chance they would LD, but not always.

Something else I will mention is that over the course of an hour or so one of my characters would lose visibility of all other PC's the immediate area for a second or two. They would blink out and then back in. I didn't notice it on the other characters, but I was more active on them, so maybe its related to inactivity/LD checks? Maybe it was just odd latency on my side last night.

If it keeps happening I'll try to get more details and put in a bug report.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The blinking out of other chars has to do with update frequence of other players. These were being sent every 4 sec. I changed it to about 7. So if u dropped a set of updates, they would blink out. I dropped it back to about 6. And changed how they are sent out to stop the big spikes in data being sent. So after the hotfix this morning, will see where it stands. It should be better.

H

Mokli and Elrontaur like this.
  11. Teholb

Teholb Member

I only recently started on this server, so perhaps this is invalid- but it seems to me that after yesterday's patch, mobs seem vastly easier. They don't hit as hard or as often. I also seems to be scoring max-hits much more frequently. Maybe it's my imagination, but I wanted to post just in case anyone else with a low-lvl character noticed the same thing.

I have a 13 Monk, 13 Shm, and 13 Druid.

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Very low levels will be easier than they should be for awhile as I make changes to the algorithms. I had NPC mitigation across the board a little too high and I corrected it to better match new data I had produced from Live. However the mitigation algorithm is a model I came up with and is not precise, so it's difficult to come up with a model that fits all data points from all level ranges, offenses and mitigations perfectly. Right now it will mitigate too much when mitigation > offense and not mitigate enough when mitigation < offense at very low levels. I'll be making additions to correct for this soon.

Of course I could have made an input error, so I'll make some more logs to check.

Ransom likes this.
  13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

No!!!!!

Dont check ur logs!!!!!

Ransom likes this.
  14. surron

surron People Like Me

for what its worth, I've never crashed on zoning, I've never randomly LD'd, I've never LD'd during a raid. I dont think I've even ever had a desync. My lag bar sometimes will shoot red and ping will go to 10k+ but it always recovers, almost immediately. I didn't even crash back in the day during alpha testing, so something about my configuration works well.

if anyone's curious I use

- windows 7, pc client (secrets update, even though it was the same with eqw.exe) (from abacab's original client download link)
    - default UI with a few extra pieces from other UIs
    - i'm on the east coast of central FL
    - AT&T is my ISP (I use their provided modem (with a built in router))
    - wired connection

15. Teholb

Teholb Member

Glad to see I'm not just imagining things!
    Thank you guys for all the crazy amounts of work you pour into these emu servers. The level of dedication is astounding.

16. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

One of the key things you said, is "wired connection"

However, many people like to 3 box on same computer over wifi. So the goal has been to make it work for them too. Wifi drops packets.

When I actually play, I always go wired. Less lag. Less packet loss. Rarely go LD.

17. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Aye its not so much a choice as a limitation of my environment.