2-1-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Feb 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* bards now magic attack with h2h while wearing magic gloves; monks and beastlords no longer magic attack with non-magic weapons while wearing magic gloves.
    Haynar
    * Fixed a case where extended range focus items would not apply at the end of spell casting.

Database:
    Robregen

* Qeynos Hills: Starting area for Ranger / Druid should now be more condensed.
    * Neriak Third Gate: Added a missing NPC Ambassador Rylan and fixed spawn and pathing for Strippers.
    * Neriak Commons: Added a missing NPC Leatherfoot Deputy and pathing
    * Katta: Added missing Legionnaires for Day Cycle.
    * Kael: Added a missing NPC a Frost Giant Lord.

Script:
    Elroz

* Dialogue Updates for Dawnshroud, Netherbian, Seru, Twilight, Fungus Grove. Added dialogue to Pendle Dashinger in FoB.
    * Quest Updates for Jaggedpine Druid Armor, Twilight Sea Armor quests, Minor typo fixes to some other Luclin quests.

2. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

That ER fix is quite nice. Thanks devs!

3. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Thank God the strippers were fixed!

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Extended Range focus fix is HUGE. Thank you devs

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Extended range was functioning AKurately though?

It had to trigger on casting otherwise it could fail if the target moved out of base spell range before the cast completed?

Ravenwing and Pithy like this.
  6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Never saw something about it working that way. Just assumed extended range, meant extended range. Not sometimes extended range. Can yank it back out next patch.

There was no "could" fail if target moved out of base range. It always failed, if target moved out of base range, if spell started in base range.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  7. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Went back on forums, and found older posts about how AK works. I did not go far enough back, and found only post about the broke behavior. I did not see the post about AK behavior. I don't have logs to check.

This will be re-broke next patch.

Linkamus, showstring and thucydides like this.
  8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

oh no :( that's not good

how come we can't just fix this bug?

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Mmm I’m not sure it’s a bug. It’s just a matter of when the game calculates certain things. The range of a spell for example is calculated at cast, it doesn’t recalculate this at end of cast and will cancel the spell if your target is outside base range but inside extended range distance.

Similarly mana to cast is checked at the beginning of cast, calculated at the end but it doesn’t fail the cast if you’ve been mana drained between casting and landing the spell it just takes whatever mana you have remaining, rather than just canceling the spell cast.

The range tends to work against players and the mana cost tends to work in favor of players. It all balances out in the end.

Id bet most players didn’t know range functioned like this in the first place and largely didn’t notice the few instances where it may have impacted them.

Linkamus likes this.
  10. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Silence also functions that way... and having the spell check for silence at the end of the cast would.... not be nice.

11. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

So the argument here is to make extended range sometimes not work. Kinda dumb.

12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

yeah, the "when things are checked" calculation makes sense on things like sufficient mana cost, and whether you're stunned or silenced. checks at start only.

but the spell range check is coded to check twice already, the range check is done at start and at the end for all spells

some focii check is done at start of cast (spell haste, ext range), and some is at the end when spell lands (mana pres, dmg bonus)

makes sense that spell range focii check calculation matches the spell range calculation also? that is, focii is checked each time range check is done too - at start and at end?

13. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Reverting this change takes us back to AKuracy.

14. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

It seems as though the Extended Range is only actually checked once at the beginning. The end "check" is just the game firing the focus if it was actually used. If you start casting at an Extended Range and then the target moves into regular range. Does the focus still fire?

15. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Seems as though the argument here is to always be JUST on the edge where ER fires.

16. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Give me Shakerpaging then.

Mukk and DubRemix88 like this.
  17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I reverted it in the code already. Just waiting for patch.

It was my mistake. I assumed it was working incorrectly. Since none of the people I normally interact with in game, knew of the odd functionality. I guessed that it was a bug, and fixed it.

Linkamus likes this.
  18. JarekStorm

JarekStorm Member

Extended range means extended range, not RNG range.

If the range is 100, and you have 20% ER, then the range should be 120, all of the time.

This is just common sense.

Breaking this because 1 random guy thinks “When the range is calculated “ is more important than basic, common sense functionality, especially after having gone through the all the time and effort to make it function logically, is ridiculous in my opinion.

19. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Clearly we play a different game.

Most players did not figure out the cause, just knew the results, when their GL was yelling at all the clerics to WAKE THE F*** UP!!!

And I am sorry, a wipe because tank moves slightly, is quite impactful to whole raid. They just didn't know why.

But parsing tank logs, trying to figure out why no heals landed for 6 seconds, yet there were casting messages. Is now easier to explain.

Linkamus likes this.
  20. JarekStorm

JarekStorm Member

Of course we understand how and when and why our ER wasn’t reliable. We just spent 45 minutes Cheal chaining on Xegony last night, and having to fiddle around with CH range was a part of the preparation.

That’s why the fix was so welcome, and reverting it is so frustrating and confusing.

21. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

72 person PoTime raids when?

Mokli likes this.
  22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Akurate. There was never a 60 limit on AK. You could shuttle people in to reach 72.

The 60 is a custom value to make takp harder. With no consideration to how AK actually worked.

60 was limit to how many in raid at a given time.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  23. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Atleast now there is no semblance for akkuracy and this is a fully custom server, refix the extended range bug.

24. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Man imagine telling a volunteer Dev what to do.

Linkamus likes this.
  25. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Imagine

Linkamus, Radda and DubRemix88 like this.
  26. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

We are reverting the change in this hotfix. Locking thread due to passive aggressiveness in this thread.

Linkamus, Quirk and Elroz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.