12-7-2022

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Dec 7, 2022.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* tweak player race heights so illusioned players are the same size as a non illusioned player of the same race
    * fade all mez spells when one expires. this causes a fade message to be generated for both players when a bard and enchanter are mezzing the same target and one of the mez spells expires.
    * break invisibility when activating auto attack after Fading Memories
    * gracefully close loot window when player corpse goes to graveyard while being looted

Database:
    Robregen

* Added a missing Recipe for Shadowscream Veil.

Script:
    Elroz

* Dialogue / Quest updates for Stonebrunt and Warrens, and quests involving those zones. This finishes my first pass through Velious. Will move onto Luclin next.

Mechaike, iraxion, Tuluvien and 2 others like this.
  2. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

So enchanter cannot start mezzing a bard mezzed mob cus it'll break anyway?

3. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

While i haven't played with it since the patch, this has always been the case. Once a bard/enchanter start mezzing the same mob, they both have to keep their respective mezzes up to keep the mob locked down.

4. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Same as it was, just a cosmetic change for an edge case.

5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Forgot this one in change log:
    - stop AA abilities from being used while not in standing position

Tuluvien likes this.
  6. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

So much grace! Love it

7. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

I have multiple times had an enchanter cast mez over a bard mez, bard stop mezzing, and the mob not break.
    Chanter mez overwrites bard mez, bard mez does not overwrite chanter mez. For instance, bard is mezzing mob - bard dies - chanter mezzes mob before bard mez breaks - mob never gets out of being mezzed. Now this is no longer the case?
    New scenario is: bard is mezzing mob - bard dies - chanter mezzes before bard mez breaks - bard mez breaks and kills chanter. Just make it so both mezzes can be on mob at the same time, and if one fades then it doesn't break every mez on the mob.

8. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Or is the new mechanic following Solar's reply in the bard mez stacking scenario now?

Enchanter overwrites bard, bard stacks with enchanter.

1. Mez with bard -> only bard mez on
    2. Mez with enc -> bard's mez is overwritten, only enc mez on
    3. Mez with bard again -> bard mez stacks with enchanter mez, there are 2 mezzes on the NPC, when either one breaks they both break
    4. Mez with enc again -> enc refreshes their own mez
    5. Mez with bard again -> bard refreshes their own mez

If you start at step 2, the enchanter mez lands first, then there's no overwriting, it just stacks. If you stop singing with the bard before step 3, then the enchanter can take over mezzing without a break.

9. Mardark

Mardark Member

This is what i remember. On eqlive. In this era. Bard could mez. Enc could mez over bard mez.

Enc mez would overwrite bard mez. But for bard to mez again, enc mez would have to fade, and bard mez would not take hold until enc mez was gone.

So enc mez would overwrite bard mez.

Not sure what changes were made.

10. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

I put too much focus on Walex's reply, when Solar clearly says that no changes were made other than notifications happening properly now.

11. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Elroz, Neealana and robregen like this.
  12. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Bid rejected. Please resubmit on a playable race. Thanks in advance.

Walex likes this.