12-26-2018

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Dec 26, 2018.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Dire charm pets now take exp scaled to damage rather than two flat tiers. Approximate exp gained will be roughly the same. (either more or less depending on damage)
    Haynar
    * Pathing fixes for ramps
    * Dire Charm ability will once again reset on failures.
    * Updated pathing logic to allow mobs to navigate over water obstacles better.
    Robregen
    * excludes Luclin zones from being flagged as dessert zones (area that consumes more water than normal)

Database:
    Torven

* Minor statistics adjustments to many NPCs in several zones. Most notably, Acrylia Caverns NPCs will hit harder.
    * thegrey: a shimmering rockfiend's spells removed.
    * thegrey: a boulderling, a Shissar Revenant and a Shissar Stalker given their respective procs.

Script:
    Torven

* grimling: Scout Danarin and Scout Derrin's raids have been re-scripted for accuracy.

Misc:
    Haynar

* Update pathing to the following zones: Katta, VT, Grimling, and Sseru.

Elroz and thucydides like this.
  2. smooki

smooki Member

and removed /SA #fi feature

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Hopefully that's a bug.

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Yes. Forgot to mention. Disabled GM commands including fi, itemsearch, #loc, spellsearch.

Radda likes this.
  5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Why #fi and will the backend be put in to allow what existed on AK?

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The lewt bot existed on AK for quite awhile when Zygor ran it.

But I seem to recall it breaking in the last year or two of the server, as I don’t think it was functional during my time playing on AK.

7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I believe that was using eqim functionality.

8. bijaz

bijaz Member

Yes, it used an EQIM to IRC tool that ran on the old Al'Kabor server. I don't recall exactly when it stopped working but I'm guessing it was around 08/13 as that is when I moved Al'Kabor to an external host since I didn't have to worry about running an IRC process that tends to get frowned upon by many hosts.

9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I don't remember the exact date either, but I believe it was about the same time that they discontinued EQIM, so makes sense. I was using it from the PC live servers at the time.

10. bijaz

bijaz Member

Nah we had EQIM a lot longer than PC side since our login server remained the Legacy system for a while after EQPC switched over. It wasn't until their big billing system upgrade and the first (rescinded) sunset announcement that we lost it.

11. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Hopefully we can get #fi back in game. It's kind of mental to make players tab out and look stuff up on Alla or some other online DB.

Beaaden, Anta, Inacht and 1 other person like this.
  12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I've had no more issues with pathing. Has anyone experienced any pathing issues?
    I haven't had mobs drop under the world, or issues around ramps, or issues in ME, etc... seems pretty solid.

Slayzz likes this.
  13. Rexas

Rexas Member

Typo?

14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

cheese is considered a dessert
    luclin is made of cheese

Walex likes this.
  15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Logic checks out

16. Beaaden

Beaaden Active Member

QFT

17. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

If we can have custom kite code we can have #fi. IMO

18. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

'custom kite code' was put in place instead of lag simulation, forced LDs, intentionally poor pathing and frequent mob warping code

19. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Your custom kite matrix - has mobs splitting off and warping - so its pretty much exactly like the bad pathing except that didn't have some forced upper limit that caused shit to go sideways, wonky, backwards and every which way.

Custom kite code was put in because you didn't like how people were raiding. Forced LDs. Check. Intentionally poor pathing now? Check. Mob warping code? Check. You nailed it.

20. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

As a "kite" limit of what - 30? in vt had to be aimed directly at raiders. Even if nukem was getting AHMAIGOD AA's in ME - I doubt that required the smallest kite limit I've found in the final zone of the moon.

21. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

VT limit does seem to be less than 80.

22. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I think the new kite wrinkles pose an interesting challenge, particularly in VT. As you know, @Faults, we have a variety of candidate TVX strats in the works. (I imagine NAG does, too! Probably cool, different ones.) We'll find one that strikes a good balance between clearing and kiting. It's early days; give it some time. And for the love of Rallos, give Torven a break.

Mokli, Cadsuane and Sketchy like this.
  23. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Ya I will say that for as frustrated/bummed as I originally was with the kite code. Torven did seem to strike a good balance. I think it’s fair.

Pithy likes this.
  24. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

First time I spoke up on the forums - after personal experience. I don't believe the mob warping is intended - nor did I see it reported. I am not speaking directly to Torven as personally I know he doesn't make these decisions; they are a community. I am frustrated by the implementation of the kite code; warping especially. I will return to my hole.

25. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The intentional small chance to warp is what's getting my goat pithy - its intentional and aggravating.

26. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Aren't you having fun though?

27. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I agree. The intentional punishment if you exceed some threshold is just mean.

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I explained precisely what the code does in the other thread before the Wednesday update, which you seemingly failed to read even though you were replying in it. But since people have trouble with reading comprehension, I'll repeat myself.

The small chance at warping was put in to prevent constantly re-aggroing the NPCs to stay above the limit, otherwise a bard could merely reaggro the NPCs and stay well above the limit, which sort of defeats the purpose. I did it this way because it IS 'AK-like' as warps were common there, which I provided ample evidence of. Mobs certainly warped on me while I kited for my videos.

Warps only happen if you aggro an NPC after reaching the limit, and the chance is 5%. If you're getting warped on a lot, it's because you're actively trying to stay above this limit as NPCs will not assist back on the train for 30 seconds.

Furthermore, kiting entire TVX wings to kill them without clearing WAS NOT DONE on AK, even with a lot of trying. I found people trying in logs which always failed. People responded in that thread as well:

YOU are the one asking for not-AK behavior. Spare me this 'Torven mode' crap. If I had my way, you'd be clearing trash for more than TVX. Also try not to give away your showEQ use by telling us what I set the kite limit at.

Incidentally the trash mobs in the TVX wings are getting a much longer respawn timer next update. They're respawning too fast now.

29. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I'm saying keep the kite limit - remove the warp chance since it replicates awful b uggy behavior - and until I experience in game I had no reason to comment premature. I took a guess at the number - most were saying 35 but it felt too high. You know I don't use showeq or anything. I don't even box. I read the notes I just didn't realize you meant 'warping worse than AK'.

The smarter and better folks in the guilds, who assuredly aren't me, will deal with the curveballs for sure. I don't think I've ever said Torven-mode as I know its a committee.

30. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

You can count the agro emotes if they have them. Probably even use GINA to count them in realtime. Its pretty easy to not use ShowEQ here. I was told by kiters it seems much lower than the 80 as well.