11-2-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Nov 2, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Fixed the recently introduced issue causing NPCs to not immediately switch targets when a player leaves combat range.
    * Reduced the restrictions used to determine when a swimming skillup should occur.
    * Corrected the issues causing food and drink items to be out of sync with the client.
    * Split UpdateItemHP() into two methods to prevent spaghetti code.
    * The HP calculation when stamina is greater than 255 is now much closer to the client's values.
    * When runes are stacked, they will now use the effect slot to determine which one is used first, instead of buff slot. (Highest slot is used first.)
    * Fixed a few issues with Monster Summoning that could cause a pet to spawn with invalid appearance values leading to problems shrinking and other issues.
    * Normal damage shields bonuses will no longer stack with reverse (healing) damage shields. When a reverse damage shield fades, any normal damage shield still on the mob will continue to work again as normal. Damage shields of the same type will continue to stack, provided they passed the spell stacking rules.
    * A small number of merchants are now considered greedy and will sell items at a higher price and buy lower than other merchants.
    * Removed rule Merchant:UsePriceMod as it wasn't needed.
    * CalcPriceMod() will now only be called when needed once, instead of being called on every item.
    * Added command #setgreed to set a NPC's greed. #showstats will now display the greed value and percentage.
    * Added command #giveplayerfaction [factionid] [value] which gives the target player or self the specified number of faction points with the factionid. This acts exactly like a lua faction hit.
    * Faction hits that originated from Lua or command will no longer skip GMs with their flag up.
    * Added a check to prevent a duplicate lore item from being removed from a world container.
    * Rewrote most of NPC::Death(). Consolidated much of the logic, removed unused or unnecessary code, and improved the overall stability. Also added many comments for clarity.
    * NPCs level 55 and over will now grant XP and faction hits if there is at least one player on their hatelist in most cases.
    * Corrected a couple of cases where a pet could "steal" XP credit.
    * DoT damage done while feigned will now be remembered by NPCs and will result in faction hits and XP. (This damage will only be remembered upon death, it won't count towards normal hate.)
    * Added command #clearfeign to clear both the dot_memory and feign_memory lists on the target NPC.
    * Fixed an issue that could cause the total damage done by players to a NPC to go negative by mistake.
    * GMs will no longer need to have their flag up to see damage report totals on death, they simply need to be on the hatelist. Also added a message to it telling you if faction hits should occur or not.
    * Removed Combat:EXPFromDmgShield and NPC:EnableMeritBasedFaction rules.
    * Eye of Zomm will now always grant 1 point of XP, ignoring the server multiplier rules.
    * Client bonuses will no longer be calculated continuously when the caster has an Eye of Zomm up.
    * Adding new logsys category "Death" and changed logging in both NPC::Death() and Client::Death() to use it. Added additional logging to NPC::Death().
    * Corrected an issue that could cause environmental player deaths to be handled incorrectly and result in an incorrect message.
    * ONDEATH NPC emote will now work if there is no deathblow Mob.
    * Fixed an issue where a corpse is created, but no player is assigned loot rights.
    * Removed an unnecessary loop that occurred when the data to log player_npc_kill_log was being gathered.
    * Queryserv will now perform one query per group/raid when logging player_npc_kill_log, instead of one per player.
    * Added the type of death to player_killed_by_log and corrected the output to the killer name field when there was no killer.
    * Both of the above QueryServ categories will now take one less internal packet hop.
    * SameFactions() will now return false if one or both of the given factionIDs are 0.
    * Resurrection effects will no longer be faded when players zone with low health.
    * Added a couple more greedy vendors.
    Haynar
    * Added a #randtest command to observe random number generation distributions.
    * Moved some additional client stream deletes for UCS out of the main Process loop.
    * UCS Crash fix.
    Torven
    * Players that drop from hate lists via the 10 minute timer will now also drop from rampage lists.
    Robregen
    * fix potential plat creation exploit (zerosum from eqemu)

Database
    Robregen

* readjust faction hits on Debbis the fish in Plane of Mischief
    * All PoM pages should now have a even chance to drop.
    * Lower Guk undead frogloks should now only flee when alone.
    * CoV should now assist GoV faction mobs in ToV.
    Torven
    * A significant change has been made to Veeshan's Peak. The zone is now flagged to disable LoS checks. Previously only the dragon spells were flagged No LoS, but as they are used in Velious content, they had to be reverted to their normal state. Veeshan's Peak on Live is a 'semi-LoS' zone-- meaning some walls block sight but most do not. TAKP currently lacks the capacity to create server side semi-LoS sight maps for zones, so it's either make every little bump in the geometry block sight/AoEs or none. The latter was chosen.
    * templeveeshan: Fixed the 'unslowable' drakes in NToV which had incorrect attack delays.
    * templeveeshan: Dagarn the Destroyer's ATK and AC increased.
    * templeveeshan: Aaryonar will now AoE more frequently.
    * fearplane: Cazic Thule's AC decreased, ATK increased slighty, and accuracy increased.

Script
    Robregen

* fixed Tanik Greskil name variable in questsay in Eastern Wastes.
    * fixed Tanik Greskil appearance when spawn in Eastern Wastes..
    * readjust positive faction hit on Vinny turn in to match Debbis negative faction hits from death in Plane of Mischief.

Misc:
    Robregen

* generate new map file for plane of mischief to exclude doors and bookshelf for LoS
    * generate new map file for sleeper to include objects.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    showstring likes this.
  2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

So all GoV assist CoV regardless of faction?

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If fighting them right next to them. Yes.

4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I mean if i tag eashen and run him to ZI- like was/is possible in eq - now all the cov mobs in the 4way and entry hall come to play?

5. robregen

Well as of right now. They will assist on pull and in combat. Torven mentioned about coding it to work like on live but it's a bit convoluted. So we'll see. Also there is a safehall if you take the left door at the 3 doors leading to Eathen room.

6. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Whats the reasoning for the change?

7. robregen

Because they do assist on live. Torven requested the changes. They stop assisting when the player are allied and still assist in certain circumstances. Torven will have to comment on this a bit more.

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Please do - I am allied and functionally this is a tremendous nerf to our current strategy - and I didn't think it was inaccurate for AK, although I am not as experienced on the pull side as marv. But I am curious as to the why.

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Pulling NToV Dragons to entrance wasn't a thing without a counter train.

The baby drakelings assisted Eashen and they were on CoV and he was on GoV for example.

10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

11. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I am sorry. I do not see it discussing a pull to zone in.

12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

From simysima

Apr 3 03 9:53 PM

Disciple

I always pull iki and eashan to zone in, can do it most of time alone without dying and its pretty fast, just run for your life to zone in and watch the pathing at steps then fd em on your MT if solo [​IMG] .

For eashan its a lil tricky to keep adds from coming that way, best is to sit and die when hes at MT or if u feel lucky FD until he AEs then run back up the stairs out of AE range and fd up there.

13. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

There's a few more gems laden within the posts itself - that discuss splitting at the 4 way - which has 10+ CoV mobs - i can't imagine a worse place to split.

14. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

It talks about this pull to zone working due to differences in mob run speed. Not due to aggro mechanics tho.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  15. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

How would he get to the stairs w/o aggroing the 8 guards in the hall?

16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Which are literally RIGHT next to where he talks about FDing a mob onto the MT

17. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

the way I used to pull ntov mobs to entrance was body pulling. You could get GoV factioned mobs without assist agro from CoV as long as you didn't use a shuriken or spell. I also think ripostes caused assist agro (it's possible that mobs witnessing you being melee'd caused assist agro, but always assumed it was ripostes since it gets you to swing at the mob). So yeah, there were things that caused CoV to assist GoV for sure, but this is the way I used to avoid it. I don't think I was always ally either, although I'm not 100% on that.

18. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Just to note, the faction check on assist is not in yet. Torven is trying to work out a reasonable way to implement their convoluted system and then either he or I will do so.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I did some tests on Live. The way Sony coded inter-faction assisting is, as Cavedude said, convoluted. At this point I'm not sure how to address it.

GoV faction is most definitely set to assist CoV on Sony's servers though. They only not assist under peculiar circumstances.

Damaging a GoV mob or doing a physical damage attack on it, at any time-- even if long before they neared CoV NPCs, would cause CoV to assist it if the puller was allied faction; other means of aggroing would not cause assists. 'Body' pulling or pulling with a dispel or a resist debuff would also NOT prevent assists on a dubious character. So faction does play a role in inter-faction assisting-- at least for CoV. I don't know what the threshold is before the behavior changes, but it's probably above indifferent because merc heals would trigger assists.

Weirdly when I cast a damage spell on an allied character on a GoV mob nearby CoV mobs, it did not make all the CoV mobs assist. Sometimes none would, sometimes only some of them would, sometimes all of them would. It's very strange behavior.

I would also like to point out that pulling large NPCs through doors is much easier on this server due to them not getting stuck on them. On AK they would get stuck in the door then warp on your head. You guys had serious ez-mode pulling Aary to the zone in with no assists and no warps.

20. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Bertoxxulous on a cracker! Was this ever really a thing?

This impulse to pull every mob that isn't nailed to the floor to the zone-in is unhealthy. Aaryonar is supposed to be killed in the hallway before the drop off, where every single screenshot ever taken by a guild actually killing him during Velious or Luclin puts him.

Are we sure this should even be possible? Will Aary path to the ZI on Live?

21. Elroz

Mobs warping had its' own advantages. It was just a different way of using pathing to split mobs. Warping actually let you split linked mobs because you could get distance from the boss (the further you moved, the longer it'd take it to warp). I used the warping mechanic to split aary from his guards, vindi from his guards, statue from his guards - probably others I'm forgetting off the top of my head. Knowing how game mechanics worked after years of practice basically makes any pull seem pretty easy. It was easymode here for the other reasons (being able to pull with spells and shurikens and not get assist agro).

When it comes to pulling NToV we actually have some things that make it harder than live, like the first wyvern room agro's about 50-75% of the time even if you move by it quickly. On live that room only agro'd rarely because of agro ticks. If you shrunk and hugged that wall into the first ntov hallway, I'm not even sure those wyverns agro'd at all. Those alone make pulling ikatiar/eashen/aary to entrance a bit more challenging.

22. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

It was possible ravenwing - and there's no place aary is supposed to be killed. If he isn't rooted to the ground he's free to be killed anywhere.

23. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Something something sun tzu choosing your battleground wisely.

24. Elroz

I really want to say I remember pulling him to the entrance, but it may have just been his guards. I vividly remember body pulling ikatiar/eashen/doze to entrance and aary's guards. I remember him getting stuck in the doorway by ikatiar but can't remember if he eventually warped through or not. I'm like 50/50 on aary to entrance. I know our early aary kills were all near the pit, but it was because I hadn't figured out the faction pulling tricks til toward the end of velious. Also I remember getting koi doken to entrance, which makes me think I had already pulled aary to entrance. Once aary was down we usually moved/coh'd to his pit so I didn't even attempt those other dragon pulls very often.

25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I've never seen it done until I saw Destiny do it. I don't like it either.

I did manage to pull him to the zone-in on Live, but the pull required 'babying' him in. A few times when he got stuck on doors, he would actually mem wipe and start going home oddly, but usually he would just warp through the doors. When they warp through the doors on Live, they typically just warp a short distance through them but sometimes they warp on your head like on AK.

The 3 boxing here is making guilds go to ridiculous lengths to split pulls or pull stuff across zones when single boxing raids wouldn't waste the time.

Bastette likes this.
  26. robregen

Vintage on AK would pull Aary down the hallway near Eathen room just at the middle door. The raid would be in the safe hall through the left door near the wyvern room where wall could block AE. I can't believe no one even mentioned this.

Elrontaur likes this.
  27. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

When you play the same game for 15 years, you adapt, find shortcuts and content becomes easier.

28. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I think everyone agrees that shortcuts should exist and it should get easier.

But the shortcuts should be within the games mechanics as they were on AK.

Body pull stuff and don't have it assist other faction mobs sure. But you shouldn't be able to use a 250' range projectile or a Slowstone or Mallet click and have the cross faction assist is all.

Even with use it, you can likely still pull stuff to the entrance using a variety of different mechanics.

Especially if the chase range in ToV is pretty high. If you can outdistance mobs and keep them interested in you, there are some incredible trains you can do.

29. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

In all fairness if you guys told us to not pull to the zone in that would have been the end of it. Destiny and Austerity have both been pulling mobs to the ToV zone in since we started raiding there.

Honestly it's pretty fast, much faster than I ever remembered a "regular" Aaryonar kill being.

Mambo likes this.
  30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Not liking it is a far cry from banning it. I tolerate a lot of things I don't like here. (I still absolutely hate that we're a 3 box server most of all)

Pithy likes this.