10-5-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Oct 5, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavede

* Changed default rule to 70 for NPC:SayPauseTimeInSec. Moving NPCs that have a lua script will now pause for 70 seconds when they are hailed.
    * NPCs will no longer assist if they cannot see the target due to invisibility.
    * NPCs will no longer aggro a target they remember after being feigned if the target is invisible to them.
    * Server and client should now agree on the range at which a player can…
    … loot a corpse. Also a removed an incorrect server message that occurred if you were out of range to loot.
    * Bind Wound will no longer heal above 50% HP, without bonuses.
    * Moved the code that handles applying an illusion to a mob to its own method. It is called both when an illusion is cast on a mob, and when it is re-applied on zoning (Permanent Illusion AA.)
    * AA hotkeys will now be reset when an activated ability fails to finish its cast.
    * AA timers are now sent when an AA is purchased. This should prevent newly purchased hotkeys from being disabled.
    * Fixed an issue causing timers to not be sent for activated AAs with multiple ranks.
    * #cleartimers will now reset AA hotkeys, if AA timers are cleared.
    * Added some AA logging, and cleaned up some logging that was unnecessarily spamming the log.
    * mplemented 2 Hand Bash, Warcry, and Purge Poison AAs.
    * Held pets will now attack when told. (Pet Discipline AA.)
    * Unslowable special ability will no longer block haste spells.
    * Added two new special abilites NO_HASTE for haste immunity, and REVERSE_SLOW for the few NPCs that have the ability to turn a slow into a haste.
    * Level 55+ NPCs will now always leave corpses by default.
    * Corrected default rule for level 55+ corpse timer to be 30 minutes.
    * Cleaned up the slot code, and removed a few completely unused defines.
    * The client and server should now agree on See Invis stacking rules.
    * Spells and all Songs will now be grouped together in the buffs array for all mobs. This fixes three issues:
    1. Songs will no longer be faded prematurely on zoning.
    2. Zoning with songs will no longer cause spell buffs to change slots.
    3. Dispel spells will now loop through spells and songs in the order they appear in the buff window.
    Torven
    * #hatelist will now display the top 10 rampage list entities.
    * Rampage should hopefully no longer bug out when rampage kills somebody.
    * Triple attack now ignores the database field and is hardcoded to be granted to level 60+ warriors and monks.

Database:
    Robregen

* Snow Griffons in Eastern Wastes should now drop their eggs 25% of the time.
    * Sleeper's Key should now be soulbound and go on keyring once used.
    * Ancient Leather Gloves should now include BST as usable.
    * Geonid Names in Crystal Cavern should now drop higher end gems.
    * Invisible NPC in DN should no longer aggro and attack.
    * Sargasso Spear should now be droppable off of "a neriad mistress" in SG.
    * Zoning out of hole into Paineel should put you in the correct heading.
    * invisible NPC "pristine gate" in Plane of Mischief should no longer aggro and attack.
    Torven
    * cobaltscar: NPC resist values set to parsed estimates.
    * cobaltscar: Drake aggro radius reduced.
    * sirens: Common NPC resist values set to parsed estimates.
    * sirens: All NPCs flagged immune to flee.
    * sirens: Unmezzable flags removed from common NPCs.
    * sirens: Animal and elemental NPCs are now immune to snare.
    * sirens: Shimmering sea spirit spawn chance reduced at two spawn points.
    * wakening: Several NPC types have had their resists set to parsed estimates.
    * necropolis: Common NPC resist values set to parsed estimates.
    * velketor: Kerdelb and Bledrek spawn chances reduced.
    * velketor: Velketor`s Experiment MR reduced, damage reduced, and rampage rate increased.
    * velketor: Failed Experiment MR redcued.

Script:
    Robregen

* Crystalline Silk Thread should now drop in Sets of 2,3,or 4.
    * Enabled MQ for Hasten Bootstrutter's JB script.
    * Poxbreath Yellowfang for Coldain Ring 6 should now aggro and assist with the Oracles.
    * Poxbreath Yellowfang should no longer poof if Players have the killshot.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

* sirens: All NPCs flagged immune to flee.

shouldn't this should to pretty much only seahorses?

NPCs in sirens definitely flee, especially the enchanter mobs (sirens)

3. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

Crystalline Silk Thread no longer shows a number in the corner like it's stackable, and when you loot it, nothing shows up in your inventory

I tried left click loot instead of right click and got the message: BAD CHARGES ON STACKABLE. DELETING 1829

4. robregen

oops. I didn't test this on looting. I'll look into it then fix it. and upload it to takp.

Draeko likes this.
  5. robregen

okay should be fixed. I upload the script to takp.

6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

just thinking back on this - pretty much every NPC in sirens used to flee

I remember fleeing sirens, bulthar, ulthorks, sea elephants, manatees, and even the water-only neriad mistresses used to flee

pretty much only seahorses never fleed and maybe the elementals

in saying that, is the "npcs flagged immune to flee" a fix for some other issue, like zone crashing when npcs go from land to water or some such?
    if not, then flagging all npcs in sirens immune to flee is not right

Mambo likes this.
  7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

That's not what my logs show me. They flee in the revamped version (well, the siren I tried didn't), but I have logs of me killing NPCs with low damage weapons for max hitpoints and I see no evidence of fleeing. Example:

[Wed Nov 06 23:26:17 2013] An enthralled bulthar tries to gore Torrin, but misses!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:18 2013] Torrin tries to crush an enthralled bulthar, but an enthralled bulthar is INVULNERABLE!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:18 2013] Torrin tries to crush an enthralled bulthar, but an enthralled bulthar is INVULNERABLE!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:18 2013] An enthralled bulthar bashes Torrin for 34 points of damage.
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:19 2013] Torrin slashes an enthralled bulthar for 21 points of damage.
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:19 2013] Torrin slashes an enthralled bulthar for 26 points of damage.
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:20 2013] An enthralled bulthar gores Torrin for 38 points of damage.
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:21 2013] Torrin tries to slash an enthralled bulthar, but misses!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:21 2013] Torrin tries to slash an enthralled bulthar, but an enthralled bulthar parries!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:22 2013] Torrin slashes an enthralled bulthar for 21 points of damage.
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:22 2013] Torrin tries to slash an enthralled bulthar, but misses!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:22 2013] An enthralled bulthar tries to gore Torrin, but misses!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:22 2013] An enthralled bulthar tries to gore Torrin, but misses!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:23 2013] Torrin tries to slash an enthralled bulthar, but an enthralled bulthar parries!
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:24 2013] Torrin Scores a critical hit!(38)
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:24 2013] Torrin slashes an enthralled bulthar for 38 points of damage.
    [Wed Nov 06 23:26:24 2013] an enthralled bulthar has been slain by Torrin!

I checked for roots. No roots. That was the zone-in mob, so it was alone.

I also have Sirens casting gate while alone, which doesn't happen when they flee.

I am however wrong to flag walrus NPCs as snare immune. I saw an allakhazam comment from 2002 that mentioned that they were immune. I did check my logs last night but in my haste to meet the deadline I seem to have missed my snares on them. Snares on sea horses, sword fish and elementals I do have log proof of being snare immune. One reason I missed them is because I snared them + sirens only 5 times total which may be another indicator of not fleeing, and I was there for some time trying to get a lute.

I did not kill mermaids though, but I literally know of no underwater only NPC that flees, so I just flagged it. (Cavedude coded mobs to not flee underwater anyway)

That said I'm happy to hear comments on this.

8. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Mobs that can't leave water I hardcoded. A normal mob in water will flee provided the DB allows.

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Apologies, I'll defer to your data being correct.

I only have empirical evidence that is probably mixed up with EQLive (EQ back in 2002, and Progression Servers). My logs are nowhere near as substantial as yours. I only remember chasing fleeing sirens in the well area, around and fighting at WestWastes zoneline and having bulthars flee into the pathing roamer, having mobs flee towards the cleric bulthars and getting CHed and then having to evac when things get retarded, stuff like that...

I most likely wouldn't have any logs that would prove the above, only hazy memories over the past 15 years. The empirical data is also not likely from Al'Kabor server, so I can't comment on the game mechanics there.

Apologies for interrupting with such trivial matters.
    You devs are doing a fantastic job and it is much appreciated.

10. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

Sleeper's Key still don't show on /key when used.

11. cavedude

The keyring is more my fault than Rob's. I had rewritten it a while ago and didn't instruct him on how it works. Should be fixed up the next patch.

Mambo likes this.
  12. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

It's at least soulbound now

13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

noticed something a bit unusual with See Invis spell
    if you cast it multiple times on the same char, and then zone, you'll get multiple copies of See Invis buff on.

[​IMG]

how to replicate:
    cast See Invis on yourself 5 times, then zone
    you should now have multiple See Invis buffs on your char

14. cavedude

Oh yeah small oversight on my part. See Invis actually stacks according to the client. But I forgot to take the same spell into account which should overwrite. No problem to fix.

15. cavedude

Alright, it will be fixed in the next patch.