10-18-2017

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Oct 18, 2017.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Database:
    Robregen

* Splitpaw: Various doors in Splitpaw can now only be open with a lever.
    * Lake of Ill Omen: Barracuda in lake of ill omen will now respawn at 40 seconds except for ph / tainted which will be 6 minutes.
    * Droga: Iksar Slaves should now repop every 12 minutes.
    * Najena: injured halfling in Najena will now assist Moosh.
    * North Karana: Zahal the Vile in North Karana should now roam the zone.
    * North Karana: Silver Griffin should now share the spawn with Zahal the Vile.
    * Field of Bone: Various NPC in Field of Bone near PoK book should now be more populated.
    * Skyshrine: added Large Brick of Velium to skyshrine mobs.
    * South Ro: added a nighttime spawn condition for AC
    * Swamp of No Hope: Escaped Froglok should no longer be as rare.
    * Eastern Wastes: Added Citizen Froststone Faction to RyGorr Orcs
    * Neriak Commons: Guard N'Mar should no longer see invisible.
    * Tailor Recipe for Tigeraptor and Cobalt Drake should now have a trivial of 252
    Torven
    * hole: Ignore distance for all NPCs in zone reduced to 600 units.
    * hole: Resists increased for many NPCs. (this was based on data and is not arbitrary)
    * hole: Master Yael granted wizard spells.
    * hole: Elemental wizards and viziers granted missing innate procs.
    * sebilis: Minor resist adjustments on various NPCs.
    * sebilis: Tolapumj now unmezable and uncharmable.

Script:
    Robregen

* Eastern Wastes: Kromriff Death Squad should no longer attack players that are dubious or better.
    * Lokar To'Biath: Should now be able to do Multi turn in for Bottle of Red Wine.
    * Added Qeynos Badge of Honor (Qeynos Badge #4) in Qeynos Catacomb.
    Robregen / Mythsong
    * Added Researcher's Badge (Qeynos Badge #3) in North Qeynos.

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Tola is unmezzable? Don't recall that.

3. Yaximus

Yaximus Member

Any chance we could have a look at the data? From my limited research it seems the hole was revamped in 2003 where among changes it included a buff to MR of mobs throughout the zone, however I can't imagine this revamp would of been implemented in AK?

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

what is the reason for making Tola unmezzable?

5. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I went on Live and tried to mez it. I don't make these changes without cause. I don't see the reason for concern when Tola doesn't assist jugs-- if he's assisting them here, then it's wrong.

Also, regarding The Hole, the data came from AK logs, which I spent hours looking over. I in fact tried to AoE the zone myself at one point on AK, so I have many casts to examine. Be glad you had your exp bonus while it lasted. MR in revamped Hole is actually a bit lower, but still significantly higher than what we had it. (which was default level MR)

Hole has a significant ZEM for a reason.

Quirk likes this.
  6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

It doesn't surprise me that Tolapumj is unmezzable. I tried charming the Protector once on AK and he was immune, so they definitely went back and flagged at least a few mobs immune at some point between Velious and PoP.

I strongly suspect that if Tolapumj doesn't assist juggs on Live these days, that reflects the 2003 faction changes discussed here. On AK, I'd imagine everything in the zone was on Trakanon faction and that everything assisted everything else.

Interesting about the Hole and MR.

7. shorttin

shorttin Member

[​IMG]

Oiwon and Dane like this.
  8. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Hole AE required a 59+ bard w string mod playing Denon's Bereavement to reduce MR by 33-42 on every mob, and 4 enchanters overlapping stuns because of how frequent resists were even with the MR of the whole pull being 33-42 lower. If the logs from AK did not include a bard playing that song then the frequency of resists would obviously be a lot higher making it seem less likely that it's supposed to be possible to AE the zone.

The only mobs I felt had an incorrectly lower MR than this era on Live was the undead. The Golems seemed correct, they were already very difficult to mez/slow/stun. An AE group is more like an AE raid because of the amount of classes it required to be successful, and wipes from resists are still common. It's hard to believe it's supposed to be even more difficult.

Dane likes this.
  9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

#imperiburn

10. Dane

Dane People Like Me

I tend to agree with Fansy here. Unsuccessfully, attempting to solo AE The Hole on AK is not indicative that resists were incorrect on TAKP. Did you try to AE The Hole on TAKP with a single enchanter? That would've been borderline impossible, even before this change. The golems were ultra MR.

AEing The Hole already had an extremely high risk vs. reward rate, and you could sometimes go over an hour without any xp if a couple pulls went south. Odd changes, but it's your server. We're just playin' here.

11. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Benz et al, Torven isn't saying "I tried to AE the Hole on AK and it was hard so I bumped up mob resists there." He's saying "I tried to AE the Hole on AK and therefore have logs which include large numbers of attempted stuns, which I can use to approximate actual resist values." He's written a little bit about how that works here (see "How to determine an NPC's resist value" at the end of the first post).

12. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Fair 'nuff. Math makes my head hurt. So I'll take you guys' word for it. Depending on how much the MR was increased, this will likely cripple Hole AE xp. Unless a "group" can manage to bring 6+ enchanters.

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Both is true. I did two pulls in there and left because resists were too high. At level 48, I had a resist rate of about 30% from entrance mobs.

I six boxed two enchanters, two wizards, a cleric and druid (which also nuked). I have logs of all six. The wizards used magic damage PBAoEs with a stun component so that made it possible to use their damage spells as an MR estimate. I also checked logs from other players.

There is also a really simple way to determine if a NPC has >40 resist value: if the player is nine or more levels above the NPC, then the resist advantage is 40 points. So if a level 65 is casting spells on a NPC that is level 56 or under, and he gets a full resist, then the resist value is >40. I don't have to make wild guesses, I can estimate resists from logs to perhaps +/-10 points in this case.

14. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Out of curiosity did you try using rapture on tola? I thought there weren't unmezzable flags in kunark and that's why the Mr is so high on raid mobs?

15. shorttin

shorttin Member

I'd wager by the time PoP comes out this place will have few similarities to AK outside of the time lock aspect. Some of those differences people probably wanted for years on AK but the majority of "fixes" or "nerfs" people would prefer the old AK. It is what it is at this point and beyond!

16. Deein

Deein Member

I want my maps

17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Kinda funny you guys are complaining when a change is made that makes the server closer to AK. I understand these are technically nerfs to gameplay that have already been ingame for years, but thems the breaks. I still think the LB xp nerf was harsh considering two expansions were missing for the 55+ leveling range when all expansions were live with AK's release. But again, it is what it is.

If anything is in error, then make the case.

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I thought LB exp nerf would have caused way more rage.

Luclin drops, i think that opens up a few AE zones. Ones that you cannot dispute whether AE was possible.

I had never ever heard of anyone doing AE in the hole, even on eqlive. But i live under a rock. So what do i know?

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

This is from Zacx's log:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    Here is a level 65 SK using a spell with a -20 magic resist modifier, getting a full resist on a hole mob, indicating a MR value greater than 60: (I made them 70 here)
    Code:
    Here is what one of my enchanters saw AoEing the easiest mobs in the zone:
    Code:

Luddwig, Ravenwing and showstring like this.
  20. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

No golem, rat, or undead data there. Does that mean they remain unchanged, and just elementals and fiends are affected?

21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Golems were already high MR here. I may lower them a bit later. I in fact lowered resists for many NPCs this patch, in other zones-- I don't just go around raising resists randomly out of some anti-user sadism.

Rats were left alone as my logs have very little on them. Ghosts were raised along with elementals and fiends because I saw resists on them in logs.

I want everybody to keep in mind that estimating resist values is exceedingly time consuming and that a great many NPCs on this server have lower resist values than they should simply because parsing a single NPC on Live takes a couple of hours each; not to mention cases like The Hole which requires hours of log examining. Just doing a single grep on logs takes my machine 5-10 minutes, then I copy snips and do finds and such.

Nobody would be complaining if resists in The Hole and Tola's immunity were set at launch. I'm sorry but it's not possible for staff to have everything perfect, let alone perfect and still release expacs in a reasonable time frame. We're not going to leave errors in just because it nerfs your favorite exp spot. Would you guys rather I not attempt to balance PBAoE before AAs go in?

Videri-Tala, Luddwig, Mokli and 2 others like this.
  22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It's great to have you here Torven. Your contributions to server accuracy and attention to detail are much appreciated.

23. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

At 65 we would AOE VT. Was amazing. With raids of 50+. Not trivial. There were some resists. But needed like 6+ enc, and 6+ wiz, and all clr loading loading AE even. And every person doing AE or rains if they had them.

At 60 with minimal AAs. We couldnt AE the trash in VT. We tried with 70 ppl. And died slow and painful deaths. Ok. Maybe was quick deaths. But we died.

24. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

I just wanted to understand what you did because the patch note is very vague. If just elementals and undead are affected, I think aoe is still very doable there, especially if golem resists get lowered.

I was afraid golem resists would go from high to crazy high.

25. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

patch notes regarding game mechanics are meant to be vague
    if you refer to old EQ patch notes, balance changes are always along the lines
    "we changed some mob stuff, adventurers should be more careful when visiting this zone", if you even get that much info

you're in their world now :)

26. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

"Hey guys, what can we mess up that's already working fine to mess with the plebs?"

Excerpt taken from the GM forum

Oiwon likes this.
  27. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

If the elementals now have 70 MR, level 60 players should see a 15% resist rate before Denon's and a ~2% resist rate after Denon's (with Maestro's lute; Silverwing's might or might not get you to 1%, depending on how the rounding is handled) on most elementals, compared to a 0% resist rate before the change. Though a few elementals probably buff themselves with the shielding line, which will raise that a bit.

I tend to agree, then, that AE in the Hole should still be possible, even if pull size has to shrink a bit. I'd imagine Flee Stuns will have a much bigger impact than this change. I know I'm not looking forward to pulling Growth (the pumas especially) when this mechanic goes in. (Though I'll happily trade it for a fix to the missing range check at the end of targeted AE casts - I actually got CoHed halfway across the zone and still killed by about 8 simultaneous Lightning Blasts last raid, heh.)

In any case, I think it's great that this is getting looking at before Luclin.

28. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I don't recall AEing happening there either and to be honest, I vaguely remember resists being a bit rough there. To the point where the -50MR check on Druid summoned nukes were most welcomed.

29. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ehh I like the work you do Torven, adds credible data to the server to make it more Akkurate.

30. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

does this mean night-only, or timer changed?