1-27-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jan 27, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Changed attempting to pick up duplicate lore items, to totally block the client from picking it up. Added prevention of picking up bags which contain lore items you already possess.
    * Fixed an issue with Race 63 (Vah Shir beastlord pets) z_offset, which is calculated different than other mobs. This will fix the problem with them bouncing.
    * Pets guarding will only send position updates now, when their heading changes. They were sending some unneeded updates.
    * Vah Shir Beastlord pets, will no longer bounce rapidly when guarding.
    * Updated Z_Offsets.
    * Shaman pets and Barbarian Beastlord pets, will no longer jump while guarding.
    * Updated bestz when a pet is set to guard, so it will not bounce. This happened if pet was set to guard, right where it was spawned.
    * Fixed an item desync issue associated with forage.
    * Adjusted fizzle rate to lower fizzle chances.
    * Fixed a potential item desync, associated with summoning items utilizing spells
    * Reduced fizzle chance for hybrids.
    * Added message handling to give the proper trade request reply, when someone has their client set to accept trades from nobody, or only accepting trades from their group.
    * Updated mob position updates at a distance to help with data spikes and LDs. Sorry this messes up tracking distance sorts, but will have to do until I put something better in place.
    * Added more adjustments to ranged attacks.
    * Updated Z calculations for mobs while pathing, and when they reach nodes, using their z-offsets.
    * Changed some logic in pathing, where sometimes a node could be reached, but it would not update position to that node.
    * Updated min z range for mob updates, to use a minimum value of 200.
    * Updated pathing code to work better for kedge.
    * Fixed an issue where spell gems would flicker after a spell is finished, causing spells to sometimes be interrupted or certain spell gems to end up getting locked out for longer durations.
    * Added additional commands to allow better management of doors associated with pathing node neighbors.
    * Fixed a possible item loss associated with spells that summon items. This prevents items being consumed, such as during gem imbues, or enchanting ore, but not giving you the end result item.
    * Moved LoS checks server side before the fizzle checks.
    * Fixed an issue with checks for items cast from inventory slots, to be treated the same as procs for applying hate. The check was being performed too early, causing unexpected results.
    * The Greenmist Recourse from Greenmist should now work correctly.
    Cavedude
    * Weaponshield will now correctly last 20 seconds (Thanks Torven for confirming with logs!) instead of 15.
    * Corrected an issue with looting 2H items.
    Surron
    * Beneficial str buffs will now say 'your spell did not hold' instead of landing without a buff icon on targets affected by rez effects
    * str spells wont stack with rez if the str modifier is in slot 1
    * fixed bug where HOWLERS (seb/HS portals) would not allow subsequent clients to click using keyring
    * doors with opentype 58 were not being closed, now they are... no longer have to specify name = 'HOWLER' like previous commit

Database:
    Robregen

* Readjust Epic Mage pet size.
    * changed the respawntime for bloodgill maruader to 8 hours in lake of ill omen
    * changed the respawntime for an ancient jarsath to 8 hours in FV.
    * fixed shroud of undeath to proc the appropiate lifetap instead of a root.
    * spectral type NPC and Failed Crypt Raider in Kaesora should now flee at low health.
    * Thunder Salmon should be fishable at lower skills.
    * The Storm Mistriss in plane of sky is now disabled until later expansion.
    * Hate mini boss will now spawn instantly at server reset.
    * fixed recipe for Bag Of Shark Remains to use correct shark skin component for the banacle BP quest (Thanks Harakari from eqc)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Ransom likes this.
  2. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Great patch thanks for the hard work :)

3. robregen

forgot to note about quests:

Harakari
    * fixed invalid string format for Guard_Jerith and Guard_Wenbie in qeynos
    * Guard Cheslin:
    Removed incorrect local variable for triggering quest text (not
    multiplayer safe)
    Fix Text
    Simplified Quest Turn in
    Randomized Coin Reward
    * Tundra Jack:
    Make sure follow NPC exist to not produce script errors or crashes

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  4. vannari

Greenmist still seems broken for me, also I still get that thing where if your casting is interrupted, it blacks out the spell. Not sure if the latter one was supposed to be fixed in this patch though. Hope this helps.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Spell interrupted how? There are so many ways to interrupt spells.

I thought I had greenmist working good. I will check again. It should be a display issue. You should be getting correct benefits from the recourse.

Also. For greenmist. You on mac or pc client?

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Any elaboration on this? NPC or player attacks? Is archery better now?

praise the devs

7. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Player archery. Less getting out of range at max range. Trying to match client and server. So you cant mash button on client and client think in range but server doesnt.

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Fantastic, thanks :D

9. vannari

I'll have to get back to ya about the spell interrupts. I think it might be if a mob interrupts me but I'll have to test. As for Greenmist I get the recourse icon but when I look at my stats it has reduced my str instead of increase, and AC, and my HP number goes red because I think it is being drained. PC client here.

10. vannari

About the interrupts, I still haven't tested this specifically, I was busy questing the last couple of days, but I was keeping an eye on it and I am now pretty sure what I said earlier is true. Interrupting your own spell by crouching or whatever, is working well now. But if a mob interrupts your casting, it activates the cooldown time on the spell as though you had casted it. Pretty sure this is not how it is supposed to work, you should be able to try casting the spell again.

11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

On the other hand a mob can recast gate 5 times in a row instantly upon being interrupted which is super cool!

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

So when a client is interrupted. They should be able to instant recast?

13. vannari

Yeah if you are casting a spell and a mob interrupts you, you should be able to instantly star casting it again.

14. robregen

well crap. lol the Patch didn't happen. I forgot to update the master repo. I will be updating it shortly

vannari and Elroz like this.
  15. vannari

Lol I wondered if that might have happened. Looking forward to the patch for realsies. All these tweaks are really good.

16. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Let me know if greenmist is working.

H

17. vannari

Greenmist is fixed \o/ Thanks for all your work!

18. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

On the hate minis, after today's patch only 3 were up. Should all have been up or the ones not killed yesterday?

19. robregen

only reset on every other wednesdays. not on hotfixes.

20. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Sweet thx