1-13-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jan 13, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Added size adjustments to client ranged attack distance calculations. This makes client and server range distance calculations to be more in agreement. This will minimize out of range messages from the server, when the client thinks you are in range.
    * Netcode update.
    * Updated buffer sizes for mac packets which undergo Deflate.
    * Updated some logging values for packet debugging.
    * Changed how initial mob position updates are sent when zoning. This reduces the burst traffic right after zoning is completed up to 80%.
    * Updated how mob position updates are triggered for mobs that are stunned. This should reduce warping/ghosting in some situations.
    * Improved NPC target management during attack rounds.
    * Updated pet hate management to be more accurate with how they behaved on AK.
    * Changed fixes for targets becoming invalid after charm breaks, to not be so hackish. Updated to also include additional spells that would have also caused client targets to break.
    * Pets will now face the correct direction while guarding.
    * Distance sorting for tracking should now be more accurate.
    * Spell: Summon Companion, will no longer work on charmed pets.
    * Added Support for Unswervering Hammer of Faith and Flaming Sword of Xuzl.
    * Fixed an issue where the client thinks a spell target is in range and allows to begin casting. But server thinks the target is out of range, and interrupts the spell and shows out of range, at finish of spell. Their range calculation methods for spells should be better in sync now.
    * Memory blur line of spells should now function properly.
    * Pets will no longer be transported with their owners during succor/evacuate/translocate. Closed a loophole where they could sometimes.
    * Improved hatelist management for rooted mobs. Rooted mobs will now prefer the closest PC in melee range, over NPCs (pets) in melee range. If they summon, they will only do so if nobody is in melee range.
    * Added an adjustment to client position updates, so other clients should no longer bounce when you see them.
    * NPCs should buff and heal other NPCs less, which are too far above or below them.
    Haynar/Torven
    * Updated how summoned stackable item quantities are calculated.
    Cavedude
    * Spell restrictions for group spells/MGB will now work properly.
    * Fixed an item desync issue with dropped lore items.
    * Added QueryServ logging for item desyncs. The log messages are the same as the inventory logsys entries for now. The new table is added by world automagically.
    * Players will now be kicked when they desync to prevent item loss.
    Stairs (P2002)
    * make loginserver log message better
    * dont push npc's if perma rooted

Database:
    Robregen

* remove proc effect from Warrior Epic (Blade of Tactics) since the worn effect is already the effect.
    * increase the size for Mage Epic Pet.
    * change blast spell on Mage Epic Pet to be a proc instead of a cast.
    * Tiblner milnik should no longer be on FV faction for mage epic turn in.
    Robregen/Haynar
    * adjust the stats for temp pets (cleric hammmer, wiz sword) based on live parsed data.

Script:
    Robregen

* simplify the questsay for Plane of Sky shaman Test of Health quest.
    * readjust the trigger timer for Keeper of Soul in Plane of Sky to be a variant between 48 to 85 minutes to spawn.
    * readjust the global to 4 hours once Keeper of Soul in Plane of Sky timer is set.

Elroz, Ravenwing, Lenas and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Haynar droppin bombs on this patch. GJ.

Khorpus likes this.
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Seriously. Great work!

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Member

Jboots seem slower

5. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I am always so impressed by how much is done every time you guys patch. What a fantastic team. You guys are swimming with awesome. I know you're busy but I hope you find time eventually to post on my new thread about how things came to be, I would like to see how all of you came to be part of this dream team! Or what lead you to this project, and how it all came together.

Mokli likes this.
  6. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Tested out the pet last night. It did seem to be turning on guard. But it was a little tough to tell as the pet was bouncing rapidly when set to guard (on both comps). I had to rework my view as not to see the pet.

7. Xanthyn

Xanthyn Member

Sad to see that summon companion no longer works on charm pets, but I can also see how that mechanic could be abused.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

What kind of pet was it, that was bouncing?

9. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Vah Shir beast's

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

OMG. The bouncing on beast pets. Will get that fixed. Geesh.

Sorry.

H

Ransom likes this.
  11. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

No worries, I found it trippy for a while but then figured I should mention it.

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I found what is causing jumping. Working on getting it fixed.

H

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Took a couple hours. But got it all figured out. Vah bst pets wont bounce so much after next update.

14. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I just noticed my shaman pet is also bouncing, will the beastlord fix knock it out as well? My pet is double shrunk if that makes any difference

15. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

just checked to make sure, the smaller my pet is shrunk the further he bounces up and down, but the normal size is still bouncy. The nearest npc is elevated above him, not sure if that affects it at all.

16. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I will check shaman pets.

H

17. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Also Barbarian BL pets were bouncing too.

Thanks Haynar!

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Found it. These and shaman pets should be fixed next patch.

H

Elroz likes this.
  19. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

So now rooted mobs dont attack the closest character but rather go for PC's then pets/charmed mobs? I thought i had asked about this and was told thats the way it's supposed to be lol.

20. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Oh and thanks for the hard work as always guys!