Best PowerLeveling Trio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baler, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Okay so one of my shticks was power-leveling people for exp.
    I'd like to work towards this on TAKP, but I want some input on the success of this.

Some combos I had in mind.
    bard/druid/mage - Damage shield & Regen King. This would fly someone through 1-30 in no time.
    shm/druid/cleric - Shaman torpor tank with druid DS and buff stacking thanks to cleric HP buff, CH in emergency.

I need the druid in the group for porting everyone.
    My focus is usually the 1-30 range because the first 1-20 is the hardest for most new players.
    Did you have another combo in mind that I didn't consider?

This would be a something I'd put into practice, any advise or information is useful, thank you.

pivoo likes this.
  2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I must be a slacker. I just go with a druid !

DubRemix88 and Mokli like this.
  3. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

ENC/puller/mojo sticks.....Can be 30 in like 20 minutes, 40 in a couple hours.

Baler and Break like this.
  4. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Well the idea is that I can go out and get any random person to help get them exp. Without any currency investment. I know clickies are powerful but not what I'm working towards.
    This is a non-profit operation.

I'll admit I can't play enchanter. I suck at the class, I tried it but I can't do it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    Ripwind likes this.
  5. Break

Break People Like Me

Mojo sticks are super cheap to recharge, and they are a PB AE damage nuke that can be cast by any class. That way you can DS tank and assist any char with their leveling.

Baler likes this.
  6. Radda

Radda People Like Me

bard

Hove! likes this.
  7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So level 1-30 the best combination is Druid/Bard/Warrior or Paladin Shadowknight.

Tank should have a shield + non-damage primary, Coldain Ring is an extra 8 DS, having AHR neck is another 8 DS and maybe Tunare belt for 4 more DS. Druid should be 58+ ideally 60 with Ancient DS. Bard should have Epic, Shei cloak or VotS from Ssra, SM3, IM3 and if you want to get really fancy a Primary horn like the Sky horn. Twisting Psalm of Cooling + McVaxius for maximum DS output.

This combination can get your tank to over 110~ damage shield iirc. Most trains you will be doing will just fall over to this DS.

Obviously the same method works without all of these raid gears/AAs, it just goes slower. Standard baz geared Paladin or SK should have no trouble pulling all of basement in Unrest with a druid CHing him. A VT raid geared Paladin or SK can split all of undead LGuk into 2 pulls and survive just fine with a druid CHing them, allowing you to extend this method up to level 50~ if you really want (there are faster methods in this range though)

30+ the better methods tend to involve either PBAE Stunning trains on enchanters while your PLee AEs them down or a bard AE Kiting. As others mentions, Holgresh wands are easy to obtain by clearing the caves you will usually get 2-3 and a handful of tinkering/tailoring components. Just 1-2 charges per train will get a PLee all the EXP from the trains.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Phaeton, pivoo and Baler like this.
  8. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I second the dru/bard/tank. 1-15 can be sped up if you can find one of those fire pet summoning potions, cause the pet (with cabbage and Druid DS) will rip newbie zones apart.
    If you want to power level with the highest efficacy, roll a bard to level up with the PLee. It takes up a group slot, but then you don't need to farm and recharge pbae items. The level 2 bard pbae is nearly zero agro, and then crank up the DS on the PL tank.
    Alternatively, necros and clerics and a few other classes have some medium agro pbae that can work, if you cast them and can run out of melee range before they kill you.
    12-30 in unrest is like 3 full zone clears, and about an hour.
    Then I've gone to droga for 30-40.
    Once you hit 40, best exp is to just group with the 60s in ssra or some other good exp spot.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Baler likes this.
  9. Break

Break People Like Me

Grimling infinity spawn from 40-50. You need an enchanter that is 52+ and a class with a decent PBAE to kill the grimlings. It actually got significantly easier after the aggro changes let stun locked mobs gain aggro. That change killed off their insane hp regen.

Baler likes this.
  10. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Enchanter cleric bard hands down

11. Silvermink

Silvermink Member

While cleric rezzes are very handy if things go wrong, 0 agro cheal is priceless from a Druid. Cleric just can’t compete.

Toomuch, Ripwind, Neealana and 2 others like this.
  12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This is great for like level 40+. But first 40~ levels Druid/Paladin/Bard is tough to beat.

Especially since those level ranges go fast and you need to move between several different zones, Druid helps facilitate this.

Level 50+ I think Enchanter/Bard/Wizard AE group is going to be fastest though. The Enchanter/Bard/Cleric is safer but slower.

Baler likes this.
  13. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Enc/clr/brd or enc/dru/brd is the answer.

As others have mentioned, DS tanking on the enc with the PLee using mojo sticks is the best. It's possible to go 1-18 in a single pull in kurns. Then go next door to kaesora and do the same thing to land in your late 20's after another pull.

At higher levels when the mobs start hitting the enchanter too hard, you can switch to the stunlock and nuke method.

Baler likes this.
  14. gardnerjens

you dont need DS tanking, the best is dotting on bard and then zoning, way more dps then ds

15. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

I use bard/dru. the combo of bard+druid DS gets you to between 75-100 DS depending on gear and clicks (not counting potions or twisting a second DS song which could get you closer to 130 if so). Druids get no aggro CH so just pull on bard and play shield of songs to build up aggro while getting everything that way your mojo stick doesn't pull aggro on your PL toon and heal on druid as needed. If you are PLing someone else, then yes an enchanter would be the 3rd to that duo

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Baler likes this.
  16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I just don't see what an enchanter is doing for level 1-30 PLs?

17. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Fire elemental illusion - chain stun - let the ds do the work.

Baler and Smudge like this.
  18. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

This is what I do. Then you don't have to worry about char getting PL'd getting swatted for AEing too close to pile.

19. gardnerjens

DS is inferiors, use a bard dot and zone before it ticks

20. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Enchanter can do it all alone no bard needed thats the allure. If I wanted it to be the best id use the FE illusion druid ds and my bards DS all at once

Baler likes this.
  21. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

With a bard and druid you can get your DS well above the damage output of bard songs, if that's your thing. But the real reason for the enc is to tank the train with AE stuns for aggro so the lowbie can use their mojo stick safely. I tend to do enc/clr/brd and I like color stuns so the cleric can safely drop CH on the enchanter.

Baler likes this.
  22. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Needing to always zone to do this is a hindrance. Best xp is in dungeons, higher level mobs are typically further in. Sure, you can train the entrance, but that ruins it for those zoning in if they aren't careful.

Baler likes this.
  23. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

DS DPS is pretty great if you sit, since mobs can't miss you

chanters can stun the pile, rune, sit

with a decent DS, a few rounds of this will kill most low-level mobs

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Baler likes this.