8-4-2021

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 4, 2021.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Added fixes for too quick of a timeout at character select screen.
    * When finding the nearest path node, the code will now do a hazard check to that node. This will help fix pathing areas such as ramps in velks, or pyramid at 4C in Cazic Thule. With the additional check, mobs will no longer be lemmings and go to a path node that leads them off a cliff. If no node is found without hazards, it will fall through to use the nearest node.
    * Improved the ghosting code to identify if OP_ZoneEntry is from the same IP/Port. Sometimes a second OP_ZoneEntry is sent when zoning, after all the zone entry info is sent. The server will now send an additional OP_Weather packet to the client to attempt to get it to finish zoning rather than result in a LD client.
    * The client can sometimes send an additional OP_DataRate when zoning. If zone info has been sent, the server will attempt to keep the client active by sending another OP_Weather packet.
    * Added additional checks for moving clients, so flee stuns will not be so harsh. Because the client will send position updates, up to 1 sec apart, the client may be nowhere near where the server thinks. The client deltas will be used to interpolate where a moving client is with respect to the mob, so melee hits will not happen at sometimes 3-4 times the normal melee distance.
    * Added fixes to combat range calculations to account for proper scaling factor based on mob size.

Script:
    Robregen

* The Fishslayers: Fixed the correct itemid for turn ins.
    * Brell's Blessed Armor: Kit should now be obtained when text trigger is "I am a young cleric of brell"

Misc:
    Haynar

* Fixed some bad pathing areas in:
    Kurns, Sebilis, Chardok, Cazic Thule, Soldungb, Kael, Karnor's Castle, Kedge Keep, Ssra Temple, Temple Veeshan, Estate of Unrest and Velketor's.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2021
    sirhc, Baler, showstring and 5 others like this.
  2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Cool! Excited to try this out. There's a well-known phenomenon on emus where if a bard circle-kites for a while then straightens out and runs away, the mobs will swing at her from *super far away*. I'll be interested to see if this change fixed that phenomenon.

Mechaike and showstring like this.
  3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Let me know how it goes. I am interested in how this works.

4. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Nice on the character load timeout! Makes swapping in and out chars easier when buffing, etc. Much thanks. Nice on all the pathing stuff too!

Mechaike and showstring like this.
  5. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

Lots of warping in the tunnels under "a thulian high ritualist" pyramid in CT - mosquitoes that belong on land don't reset to their bind points if aggro'd.

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Warping as mobs bounce? Or warping as they bring whole zone back with them?

Some /loc’s would be helpful so I can look at specific areas.

7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

The long-arm swat seems to be fixed. /lowfive

Mechaike and Break like this.
  8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I found where they get stuck. So weird. Can fix by adding more nodes at edge of water. Thats how fixed similar issues in other zones. At edges of water in pathing node areas. Mobs need a node within line of sight of water.

GreldorEQ and Baler like this.
  9. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

In ssra today, almost every snakes was pathing through walls. Once a charm pet fell from the first floor to the basement and agrod a bunch of mobs. Something is broken.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I will go watch ppl in the zone. See what is up.

11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

ok now this seems fixed for reals, woot! my previous patch excitement was premature

thank you!!!! x100000

along with all the other amazing fixes, thank you

12. Dominar

We were at Comm1 south, near the zone in. mobs from next rooms didn't run towards the door, they either ran through the walls towards the zone in and warped back, or just camp straight through the wall to the puller like there was no door.

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Completely wrong path node file for ssratemple got commited. So its basically, no pathing there. We are going to have to hotfix this.

showstring likes this.
  14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Something unusual with underwater Z-Axis stuff.
    Was killing Undertow and the mob couldn't path to me when I was above it, not sure if same applies if below.

Here is video

15. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Pathing gets weird, when you are above or below NPC it looks like. The way I remember it, the NPC could hit you, but you had to get on its level to hit them.

So thats the easy fix, they path until they get close enough x/y, then they can hit. You need to be close enough x/y/z to hit them.

Going to see if I can make them path to you, when you are above or below.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Mechaike likes this.
  16. Break

Break People Like Me

I noticed that juggs in sebilis look much faster than previously. It's reminds me of hitting a speed burst in Mario Kart. I don't know if they are actually running faster or an artifact of the way positions are now calculated differently. It really just looks weird.

I have not tried any other zones. I didn't notice this from the frogs.

17. Dominar

I notice that the position extrapolation code causes some interesting effects when pulling or repositioning.

During a pull I would come to a stop and the mob would continue to move towards for for an extra fraction of a second, so it would end up almost on top of me, instead of stopping at max melee range.

Repositioning within melee range, would sometimes result in being summoned without ever actually moving out of melee range.

Backing into a corner while tanking, the tank was not actually moving at all, but the mob would summon or rush towards the tank until the mob was practically on top of the tank.

I play on a laggy wifi connection so I'm not surprised I see mobs bouncing around based on what I understand of the change.

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The summoning could be tweaked, to use last real location.

I noticed on eqlive a similar behavior, with moving mobs would not stop at edge of melee range. They would move in way further. They would never stop at max melee range. They always came in a lot closer. And I am on a fast connection with low latency.

Moving backwards, might need exempted. So deltas from client updates for mob push, aren't used at all.

There are a few things that could be used to adjust this. I might have to constrain it completely to flee stuns. To remove the additional artifacts it creates.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Break, Dominar and solar like this.
  19. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Sometimes reet frog shammies will spawn and SoW the roamer juggs. Could that be what happened?

Break likes this.
  20. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Juggs are commonly sowed, yep. It's not unusual to see a few hyper-speed juggs.

21. Break

Break People Like Me

I believe these were static spawns, and the frogs were wizards and knights. They didn't seem sowed. They seemed to be graphically glitching in little bursts of speed.

22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It seems the navmesh patch reversed this fix, and char timeouts are really short again :(
    any chance if you could please check if some code got rolledback somewhere sir @Haynar ? would be greately appreciated

23. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have looked at this a few times. I will try to look again before patch, see which part is missing.