Darchon's Mystery Item Hunt 3.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

What is this?

I've hidden a White Dragonscale Cloak and a Hierophant's Cloak in two different static containers.

In addition I've traded a Kavruul's Mystical Pouch to a charmed NPC and released it into the wild!

Who Can Participate?

Preferably if you are a level 60 in a raid guild don't go hunting for it unless you want to solve the puzzle, if you do please leave the RBB for a newer player to collect. If you do find it please post here and include the container/location you found it in so everyone knows the hunt is off!

Can I have a Hint?

I will try to add hints to narrow down the search area each day. I will start off more obscure and get more specific as we approach the reset if it has not yet been claimed.

Hints:

White Dragonscale Cloak:
    1. Not in PoK
    2. Not in a Luclin zone
    3. Only 1 Epic Quest involves this zone.
    4. This zone connects to 3 different zones.
    5. On Antonica
    Hierophant's Cloak:
    1. Not in PoK
    Kavruul's Mystical Pouch:
    1. The NPC is level 10-30
    2. Not in a Luclin zone
    3. This NPC has 2 arms and 2 legs
    4. This NPC is under level 20
    5. Only 1 NPC of this name is up at a time.
    6. Has a several hour respawn.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Verdent, Sketchy, scombden and 6 others like this.
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The Hierophant's Cloak was discovered in Shadeweaver's Thicket bogling tunnel Forge in about 5minutes! I am hoping the White Dragonscale Cloak evades for a bit longer.

showstring likes this.
  3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Bump.

the White Dragonscale cloak is not located in a Luclin zone.

Similarly the Kavruul’s Mystical pouch isn’t hidding in the inventory of a Luclin mob

Verdent and Quirk like this.
  4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Bump.

The White Dragonscale cloak is located in a zone that only has 1 Epic Quest requiring you do something there.

The Kavruul's Mystical Pouch is being held by an NPC with 2 arms and 2 legs.

Verdent, sowislifesowislove and solar like this.
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Bump.

The White Dragonscale cloak is located in a zone that only has 3 zone connections.

The Kavruul's Mystical Pouch is being held by an NPC under level 20 but above level 10

Verdent likes this.
  6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The White Dragonscale Cloak is on Antonica.

The Kavruul’s Mystical Pouch is being held by a unique NPC (only one of them is ever up at a time).

7. Eqfan4lyfe

Eqfan4lyfe New Member

Question, have you gone back to make sure the Cloak is still there? I feel like Ive checked all the possible locations based on your clues and no luck. Just wondering if someone scooped it without telling you, or it poofed.

8. necra

necra People Like Me

Sounds like a trap

9. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Someone said in alliance today that they found the cloak under a boat in Oasis.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I had checked a few times but I didn’t check this morning. It sounds like someone discovered the cloak this morning.

After the last 3 tradeskill container items were found in under an hour each I decided I’d have to search for a better spot.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?13209-Small-Bag-in-Sorth-Ro

This was where I settled on for the container that may take a day or two to find!

I believe the NPC with the Kavruul’s pouch is still out there though.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Break likes this.
  11. Radda

Radda People Like Me

i like how every post after the first is trolling

12. Break

Break People Like Me

I spent an hour this morning checking out High Pass thinking it fit all of the clues. I had no idea how many trade skill containers were in that zone. It was fun checking out a zone that I only ever ran through on the way to exp.

Pithy likes this.
  13. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Wow had no idea that bag was out there in SRO, cool.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

To elaborate on the clues, Oasis has 1 epic step (Cazel for Enchanter Epic) and it connects to 3 zones (South Ro, North Ro, Timorous Deep). Oasis also had the benefit of throwing someone off using Allakhazam as their guide for zone lists, as the zone was merged into South Ro in PoR, so some may have overlooked it due to this.

Highpass was a good guess as it also fit the clues! Rogue epic has several steps here and it connects to HighKeep, East Karana and Kithicor!

Other zones that fit these clues - East Karana (Mage epic with Tarbul and connects to Highpass, Gorge of Xorbb and North Karana), Everfrost (Paladin epic with Lich fight and connects to Halas, Blackburrow and Permafrost), Nektulous (Paladin epic dark elf fight and connects to West Commons, Neriak and Lavastorm), North Karana (Druid epic has 2 turnins here and connects to West, East and South Karana), and West Commonlands (Mage epic has 2 turnins and connects to Befallen, East Commons and Kithicor). Of these though I don't think there are any static containers.

Kithicor has 3 zone connections but has 4 epic quests (Mage epic page, druid/ranger giz turnin and Rogue epic final step) Lake Rathetear has 3 zone connections but has 3 epic quests (Cleric Bergurgle, Mage Power of Elements turnin, and Necro Kazen fight), South Karana has 3 zone connections but has 2 epic quests (Mage Quilmane and Bard 2 turnins).

Phaeton, Break and Sketchy like this.
  15. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

EK has Ranger and Druid epic steps tho.

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Touche, missed that in my review.

17. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Rogue epic in lakerathe too. Darchon is slipping in his old age.

Phaeton likes this.
  18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I zoned out after 3 epics! Lake Rathetear is a happening place. I didn't include Druid epic either :p.

The Kavruul's is held by an NPC with no Placeholder and only 1 spawn location. It is level 10-20. It has 2 arms and 2 legs. It is not in a Luclin zone.

Please post if you've slain it and acquired the bag!

19. AtariZeroTV

AtariZeroTV Member

Oh hai :)

I had no idea this was going on. I got told to go to Oasis of Marr to farm spectres because I'm a broke-ass Druid. I was swimming to the island and saw a bag underwater under the boat near at the ramp on the island. Clicked on it and there was a cloak. Was pretty shocked and very lucky to have stumbled on it!

Break, Sketchy, Ripwind and 7 others like this.
  20. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

+1 for being an Atari fan! This brings natural luck.

AtariZeroTV likes this.
  21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Grats Atari! Good item for a Druid.

The NPC holding the Kavruul’s pouch has a several hour respawn.

22. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

my thought was Hadden - but he's not up, killed everything around him just for fun though.

23. Rieve

Rieve Member

Dyllin Starshine?

Darchon likes this.
  24. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

you got a like, so must have been it!

25. Rieve

Rieve Member

Grats to whomever killed him. Fun game Darchon looking forward to round 4

26. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So to anyone following along all the items have been found.

The Hierophant's Cloak was hidden in the Forge in Shadeweaver's Thicket in the bogling caves. The White Dragonscale Cloak was hidden in the Treasure Chest in Oasis of Marr under the boat. The Kavruul's Mystical Pouch was traded to Dylin Starshine in Highpass Hold.

I did find it a bit funny when multiple people asked if the WDC was hidden in Highpass Hold. Though it matched the clues, wrong zone for WDC but right zone for the Kavruuls!

Thanks for playing all!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021