The server’s youngest active player?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sowislifesowislove, Jun 24, 2021.

1. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

Feeling a bit rusty?

2. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

My Avatar says it all. 61. Cut my mmorpg teeth on Gemstone III and Meridian 59.

Ripwind likes this.
  3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Awesome that you played Meridian 59! I still go back and dabble, but Meridian 59 was the community MMO before EverQuest. Servers were small and reputation meant everything. The reason I was able to transition into EQ, was I saw that same sense of community, just without the PVP.

4. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

While I'm relatively new to the game, I'm old and jealous ;)

5. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

hey im 29 for a few more days.

6. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Et tu Secrets? Wild.

7. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

My assumption is that most folks playing are between 30-45, and then the next segment is 60+ with a pretty small player base in the late 40’s and 50’s. I feel like being here means you caught the game during school or immediately after college when you had time to commit and get hooked enough to still be playing; or your kids were old enough to play with you or not demand your attention full time circa 2000.

Basically, a Millennial-Boomer elf simulator. Finally something both segments can agree to like.

8. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

When I played P99 Red, the amount of highschoolers I encountered there was ridiculous. Of course I was a fellow highschooler.

9. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

I played Kunark/velious EQ in highschool. My nephew is in highschool now, and almost vt keyed.

Phaeton likes this.
  10. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I remember setting alarms in junior high to get up and crush an hour or two of classic EQ before school.

Radda and sowislifesowislove like this.
  11. Greyn

Greyn Member

30 here and didn’t even start EQ until Secrets of Faydwer was the latest expansion.

Radda likes this.
  12. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

I remember waking up at 5am so that I could go to wisp isle and farm GLSs before heading to school haha.

Tuluvien and sowislifesowislove like this.
  13. quesosauce

quesosauce Member

im 35, started playing in my sophomore year of HS which was like 2000-2001, i remember buying Luclin the day it came out. EQ is a big reason why i didnt finish college....

14. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

I quit EQ in 2004 when I started grad school. I didn't trust myself to do both.

15. weirdog92

weirdog92 Member

Not 30 yet, started playing on p99 in 2012/2013. I was first introduced in 2009, and thought the game looked dumb. If only I could go back and let myself keep thinking that, I'd have so many more hours to maybe be productive

Ripwind likes this.
  16. Radda

Radda People Like Me

i am 147 years old and started playing in 2001 after new year, it snowed all week.
    played live until SoD, then joined Fippy darkpaw server until SoD.
    there were a few breaks but yeah
    no regrets

played p99 early on hard core as well. so be it

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

wow, you must drink Lipton diet lemon iced tea

Radda likes this.