Do Bards get Double Attack in Al'Kabor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loadsamoney, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I think I had a sarcasm once.

2. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Not sure if you mean literally once or if this comment itself is ironical.

[​IMG]

actualspaide likes this.
  3. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Bit of thread necromancy here as I'm just reinstalling this, my old PC died and I'm on a new laptop that *hopefully* will not have frame-rate issues running this game.

But in response to this particular post, my intention at 60-65 was that I would forever be a battle-bard after acquiring my epic, the Singing Short Sword, using that for all of my song twisting (since it is 1.8x to all songs including non-instrument songs) and always keeping DotB active while simultaneously meleeing mobs and forgoing any instruments at that point.

This would all be with Crits, Ambidexterity and Double Attack AA's to make their melee DPS with the right song twisting not laughable.

I played Beastlord for a bit but I couldn't really get into it because it required memorizing and swapping spells too often to maintain buffs on both myself and my pet and constantly swapping out for different buffs, dots and heals. Too much micro-managing of spells.

I found Ranger more fun because spell choice is quite a bit simpler most of the time, good melee DPS on their own and don't have to micro-manage a pet, can root as needed, and archery and tracking. So if Bard doesn't pan out at least as a melee supplicant (I.E able to provide good group support while doubling as a melee DPS that isn't completely awful), then Ranger might be my main character in the end, especially with their PoP Archery AA's.

I actually have a really good BST weapon that someone gifted me, hoping to sell it so I can

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  4. Glennsi

Glennsi New Member

This guy belongs on p99. Gets free gifts then resells right away. No mouse scroll for you.

5. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Rude.

6. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

miss u bum

Tuluvien likes this.
  7. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Well, I don't think I can play regardless. Every time I try to launch the game I get an error that says "The memory at 0x00000000 could not be read" and then the game shuts down.

I don't know how to fix it. I've tried voodoo2 and dxwrapper, neither of them help. WinEQ2 is what helped me fix this problem in P1999, but this client isn't compatible with it. So I guess this client just doesn't do well on Windows 10.

8. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Turn off any programs that help you run EQ like WinEQ2. You can't run them and TAKP at the same time.

It works fine on windows 10. Make sure you installed as the wiki says.

9. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Its very likely that your problem when trying to launch the client has to do with your antivirus. Make an exception for the TAKP folder (or wherever you put your TAKP files) and that will very likely fix the error you are getting.

There is a file in the TAKP folder that gets blocked by antivirus (false positive probably) that antivirus blocks that keeps the client from launching.

I tried a lot of things, including redownloading the TAKP client/files, and none of it worked. It wasn't until I stumbled on a post somewhere here that mentioned putting an exception in antivirus that solved the problem for me. It was effecting 6 different computers, and solved the problem on all 6.

10. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Ah, maybe that's why, because I tried running it after closing P1999, and WinEQ2 must have still been running at that point. When I rebooted it and ran AK first, it seems to run fine.

11. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

Beastlord's DPS is almost entirely in the pet, outside max AAs. Without my pet, I'm underwhelming in pretty much everything. With my pet, I can do some amazing things.