Fungeons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, May 30, 2016.

1. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

I'm going to try and level my Pal/Sha/Nec trio the scenic way as well. I've seen a lot of Kaesora, COM, KC, Sol A/B, Unrest, Black Burrow, Najena, Droga etc.

Characters are in their early teens, so I think I will go:
    • Continue in Warrens for a bit or go to Black Burrow until level 20ish? Done befallen and kurns for this level range already, but I'm open for other suggestions as I've done Black Burrow and Warrens a lot in my life
    • Runnyeye to 25? Never been there before
    • Permafrost to 30 - Never hunted there before either
    • Paw to 35 - just done the ent a little bit before
    • TOFS to 45? Maybe some Nurga in there as well?
    • The hole to low 50s?
    • Howling Stones
    Any other suggestions to break it up a bit more? not worried about speed of leveling too much, just want to see some interesting content I never saw before =)

Pithy likes this.
  2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

No one ever does kerra ridge! It's decent 15-25ish iirc. There's a lot of priests in there but their heals aren't huge.

Pithy and anotheregostar like this.
  3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

is that Kerra Isle Marv? I've definitely never zoned in there, might have to make the trip! after crawling through the Warrens I zoned in to Stonebrunt for the first time since, idk, LoY release on Live? not sure what purpose Stonebrunt served pre-LoY, but it was kinda scenic :)

4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

yeah kerra isle! the zone file is kerraridge i think, i always call things by their file names lol

except for qey2hh1 (qeynos to highhold) or qeytoqrg (qeynos to qeynos ranger guild), I call them west karana and qeynos hills

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I never pieced together the logic behind those naming schemes. That is great!

6. anotheregostar

Haha that is really cool about the naming of those zones =) I'll have to check out kerra isle as well, never entered it either.
    Stonebrunt was a nice place to fear kite on a ranger, that was about it haha. They also had those big named animals that you could spawn and turn in their skins or whatever to someone in Erudin for some decent velious era gear. Did that a bit too back in the day.

Pithy likes this.
  7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I crawled around RunnyEye a bit this week. Pretty cool zone! The third level feels a bit like Seb, with dank tunnels, low ceilings and swarms of mushroom men. I haven't quite finished exploring the goblin town at the bottom level, but my group did catch Lord Pickclaw up and, separately, caused some pretty epic trains. Good fun.

Pathing in RunnyEye is SO MUCH BETTER than it was in 2016. It was almost unplayable when I visited back then, as pathing bugs + densely packed goblins = frequent trains. With navmesh in now, though, it's fantastic. I saw one mob get stuck weirdly inside the corner of a wall for a few seconds, but other than that pathing has been flawless.

So far I've had enough cool zones to visit that I've never had to hunker down and grind at any one camp. I just pick a zone, crawl around, and port out when I've seen the whole thing. Hoping I can keep that going for a while. I have a little more RunnyEye to explore, but after that I'm thinking maybe Dalnir or Splitpaw.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    John Stark likes this.
  8. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

I remember enjoying Dalnir, although its not a huge dungeon to explore. Been so long I honestly don't remember a lot about it, just that I had fun grouping there back in EQ's heyday when it seemed every zone had a group to join.

Pithy likes this.
  9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Splitpaw rules!

10. Majo

Majo Well-Known Member

Big Dalnir fan! Was such a hard/fun dungeon back in the day. Those gnome mages were absolute beasts. Then when you think you're good and decide to go to third floor, the sarnaks tear you up. You can get some of that sweet monk armor too!

Pithy likes this.
  11. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

The main thing I learned from this thread is that my TAKP characters are older than Pithy's TAKP characters.

Also I did some major leveling in Infected Paw and literally never seen a single soul in all the time I spent there. Shame.

Pithy and John Stark like this.
  12. anotheregostar

Dalnir is cool for sure. Spent too much time there camping for my greenmist though haha

13. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Haven't seen you on lately.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Not really a fungeon, but a funchainquest. I recently went through and did all the Shaman Skull/Cudgel quest line. IMO it was a pretty good quest line!

I do wish there were more multi-step quests in game. I dream of the Iksar Necro skull quest being finished here.

Next im debating between trying out Greenmist or maybe the Monk Shackle line.

John Stark and Phaeton like this.
  15. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Do greenmist - monk shackles dont look as cool.

16. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Greenmist looks good on smaller races. It looks out of place and dainty on Ogres/Trolls. It looks perfect on a DE. There are slight differences with the quest than what you'd see on p99 and live because of Droga being different. I believe it was related to Droga. Its been forever since I did it. Might be worth documenting the differences if you feel like it and I can do a wiki page on it at some point.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    John Stark likes this.
  17. anotheregostar

I've been stupid busy, but I've been meaning to put together a Greenmist guide for awhile. I've helped a couple of people through it since I did mine. If you start one I'm happy to add my 2 cents, or I can put one together when life slows down a bit.

Yeah, I love these kinds of quests (epics, greenmist, qeynos medals, etc) - They give you a long term goal and direction in your play which is great. Can you think of any other cool ones outside of the Iksar class quests? And do you know if we get more of them in PoP? I've never played PoP before, so I don't know much about the quests that it adds.

John Stark likes this.
  18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Coldain Shawl and Coldain Ring are two big ones from Velious.

In PoP the best examples are Aid Grimel (220 in all tradeskills and elemental flag is required to complete) and Secret of the Planes.

19. anotheregostar

Yeah, I've been suffering through the shawl and meaning to start a few rings. Aid Grimel sounds like a nightmare, and super expensive. I didn't know about Secret of the Planes though - Looks like another tradeskill quest line, but not quite as high trivials, so maybe worth while =) Can that one be mostly grouped/trioed? Thanks!

20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The final step of the Secrets quest requires elemental access or you pay for an MQ.

The previous steps... The tradeskill stuff can be purchased, the 2nd tier are aimed to be multi-group fights but a solid trio can do them, the 3rd tier drops from T3 zones like BoT/Tactics.

On AK I did the quest a few times boxing everything with 3 characters.

21. anotheregostar

Very cool, thanks Darchon. PS: Your tradeskill guide has been a great help in getting skilled up for the shawl, thanks for that as well.

Mokli and Pithy like this.
  22. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Don't forget about crystal caverns in the 25-35 range. I love dungeons where you can buy and sell (and bank?). CC is the SolA of velious.

23. anotheregostar

Yeah, I may check that out more - I did do a bit of silk farming there, but I didn't really do any of the other aspects of the dungeon. Might be worth a grind down and through it at least once!

24. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Man, you guys weren't lying about Dalnir being a tough zone. I went there last night with my 20 monk, 22 necro and 24 druid. Got totally rocked even with aego and silly twinking. Red-con casters, /shudder. I'll be back for revenge in a few levels, though! Maybe Kerra Isle in the mean time; not sure if I've ever zoned in there.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  25. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Didn’t even do his SK Epic! For shame.

26. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

orite, I thought I recognized Marl from somewhere...

Kerra Isle was just okay. kinda neat to fight proto-Vah Shir, but there's really not a lot going on there.

suggestions for another fungeon for level 22-25 toons? already explored Befallen, Unrest, Najena, Permafrost, Runnyeye, and the Warrens... I feel like I'm still a bit low for Dalnir or Splitpaw?

27. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I've always loved SolA in that level range. Plenty of mobs to be challenging, and if you miss a snare it can have disastrous results. Agreed that Dalnir and Splitpaw are probably too high for that threesome. Dalnir can be brutal. Upper Guk is a fun crawl, too.

Pithy likes this.
  28. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Ah yeah, I did a bunch of SolA back when I was first leveling up and PL'ing alts and whatnot. UGuk is a good call though. I've never really killed stuff there, just run through otw to LGuk.

29. anotheregostar

Mistmoore is the only one that comes to mind, unless they added stuff in that range to luclin. Maybe qeynos catacombs has something too?edit: and Sol A and upper guk would be good too

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Pithy likes this.
  30. anotheregostar

Yeah, if you're not worried about froggy faction, uguk is actually a lot of fun. Did that on my main trio coming up before I knew about the WE crown :)

Pithy likes this.