6-23-2021

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven
    * non-damaging hits no longer interrupt casts;
    * 0 mana returned from hatelist pets using reclaim energy

Script:
    Rob
    * Soulfire: reduced the faction requirement to complete the quest
    * Shaman Skill 6: removed the reward given when given a quest item to spawn Clerk Doval.

Pithy and Lyrina like this.
  2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Oh cool, does this mean that swings absorbed by runes won't interrupt casting anymore? TAKP's rune/interrupt code always felt a bit off to me.

Cadsuane likes this.
  3. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

I know rune prevented you from getting pushed by melee hit, so this is a Nice addition

4. Break

Break People Like Me

How does one define a hatelist pet? On AK, I would use swarm pets to refill my mana bar. I'm almost certain they would have been on the hatelist.

5. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

I am assuming the mage AA Host of the Elements that reclaiming them doesn't provide mana?

6. Break

Break People Like Me

It did on TAKP. I could get a significant portion of my mana bar filled with max swarm pet AAs and Gloves of Dark Summoning. I also believe you could do this with a pet up, but I'm admittedly a bit fuzzy in that specific from a decade ago.

7. Break

Break People Like Me

I don't see an edit button. That should read "It did on AK."

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Swarm pet AAs cannot be reclaimed. Reclaim Energy has target type of Pet which forces it to target your controllable pet.

9. Break

Break People Like Me

It 100% worked on AK. I used it on all of the longer boss fights. Perhaps the mechanism was later fixed or changed.

10. Break

Break People Like Me

There was also a bug where reclaim energy would not affect any pet that was below the HP of its worn items. The pet wouldn't respond to commands (except go away) at those HP levels. Reclaim energy wouldn't affect the pet, but it would give back mana.

The funniest thing about that bug was that if you told the pet to go away, it would become a KOS NPC.

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I can't say I ever saw someone do that on AK or Live. Not to say it isn't possible but it seems very unlikely.

Reclaim Energy did give you more mana back than you spend summoning a pet under correct conditions as a mage. This "Pet Canni" was a common strategy in PoP for magicians to recover mana. But it was with your normal pet.

12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I used reclaim energy on elemental mobs in sirens grotto, get lots of mana back from charming an icy servant and reclaim energy-ing it. It was also an easy way to kill those mobs.

13. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Can mages in PoP reclaim energy for the mobs they charm?

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Reclaim doesn't kill a charmed pet or return any mana. It does land it just doesn't do anyhting.

15. Jakkoris

Jakkoris Member

Does anyone know to what levels of con for the turn in now with this reduction?