What PoP abilities are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Paladins suck

Tesadar, Ripwind, Mechaike and 2 others like this.
  2. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

paladin's suck your mom and she can't get enough of it ;)

Draeko likes this.
  3. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Whoa, that’s the dirtiest meanest thing I’ve ever heard from sketchy. That Divine stunAA seems insane. Doesn’t it stun up to 70 something?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

How do you think Paladins stun Eoms in VT?

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Divine Stun going from 30 second reuse to 9 second reuse in PoP is neat.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Gotta love AA's that were released during PoP and under under the Class section.

7. sowislifesowislove

I know! Sketchy is stunning!

Sketchy and Ripwind like this.
  8. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

The myth of Canadian niceness, is just that, a myth. A key part of the Canadian identity is to protect the fragile Canadian ego while minimizing minorities and other "less desirables". We tell ourselves we are are better than the US, we are kinder than the US, and we are morally superior compared to the US. This is incorrect and a toxic way of thinking. If you have been living under a rock over the past month; the First Nations having discovered mass graves, all of them children, over the grounds of various Residential Schools. This has prompted the usual thoughts and prayers, and commitments to do something, without actually improving these situations.

It will be interesting to see what goes forward, but I'm hoping for a more equal, just and fair Canada. It's just a dream, and low aim so that I can be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    anotheregostar likes this.
  9. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Whatever AA that gives Bards and Beastlords access to Double Attack. Big DPS boost for them since they dual-wield.

Bard DPS will no longer be laughable, maybe.

10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

bards melee dps is worse than stacking dots with a drum. Even with double attack.

11. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Ideally I'd do both with the Singing Short Sword.

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Sad thing about bards is even with epic, using a Drum in main hand and twisting DoTs is more damage than using a real weapon in main hand while twisting those same DoTs.

Once you get Edge of Eternity for that +1.5 Percussion mod your melee will probably beat out the added damage from +2.4 Percussion mod on Rathe drum.

13. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Wouldn't SSS's 1.8 Percussion already beat out Edge of Eternity then?

14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Pretty sure delorne parsed it out on tem forums that drum+ dots is better than swinging but if you wanna melee go for it.

15. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

That ruins the appeal to me then, considering the Bard is classified as a Melee DPS class, at least on p99. They were certainly one of the top DPS classes in EQ Online Adventures.

Plate armor, dual wield, butt DPS. Guess I'm sticking with Ranger then.

16. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Fun fact, the DPS that drum is pumping out is dealt to every mob in range. How many have to be in camp before you’re outpacing the highest melee damage on the server? Probably not that many.
    anywho, with the amount of nonsense bards can pull, it would be kind of unfair if their melee damage was good.

Walex and Break like this.
  17. sowislifesowislove

TIL. Didn’t know you were Canadian. Thought you were just a real nice feller.

18. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

It's possible to be both.

Tesadar likes this.
  19. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Just need those ~7k Strike of Solusek crits and I will die a happy man.

Does the Bard OH song stack with worn damage increase effects? Like is it possible to get 55% increase damage when grouped with a bard?
    6987 is the max SoS if 55% increased damage is a thing.
    7650 if a 3000+crit lands for SoM.

20. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

We had this conversion in guildchat not long ago actually. Rizlona's does work with focii, yeah. I don't think the percentages are additive though, the amounts for the focus and Rizlona's are calculated separately, pre crit and added after the crit. I came up with 6850 for max SoS crit with time focus and Rizlona's.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Focus effects factor in after critical and only are based on base value.

I believe a max Strike of Solusek goes like this:

2740*2 (Critical) + 2740*0.35 (Wrath of Ro focus) + 2740*0.15 (Rizlona’s Song) = 6850

Break and Mokli like this.
  22. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

That is still additive, 2740*(2+.35+.15) = 2740*(1+1.50)

it appears I got the effect of Rizlonas wrong as 20% instead of 15% though.
    So 2740*(2.50) = 6850

23. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Well my point was the critical doesn't double focus damage. A lot of people assume that it goes (2740*(1+0.35+0.15))*2 which would result in an 8220 max critical.

24. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

As someone who never played in PoP era, it's cool to see what people are looking forward to. For me, I'm looking forward to being able to speed up my exp so I can actually get my Luclin AAs haha. And for new PoP loot to drive down prices on Luclin gear. =p

25. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

That will probably depend on what gear you're talking about. When PoP opens probably the vast number of players are going to "gold rush" the planes and live there for months, and I don't blame them. Many of the players here have been angling for PoP since this server started in 2015. They likely want to get their characters back to where they were before the AK Mac server shut down, and then eventually settle in to the server they knew and loved.

So my estimation is that for awhile a fair number of the farmers will be busy getting 65, at least the minimal AAs that round out their class, flagged into the raid content, and regaining at least some of the gear they had previously.

My guess is there will be less farmed loot from everywhere else until the soda PoP effect wears off and things settle down. Thus, prices on other things may climb for awhile if there is scarcity once the farmers empty their mules of stuff they've been squirreling away.

Just a guess, and I may well be wrong. Some hobby players and those who play a LOT may well stick to their regular routine and keep things in the Baz about the same.

The rotation schedule might obviate Baz gear becoming a bit more scarce for awhile too, but xp in the planes is killer here, there are levels and AAs to get, quests to at least start, flags to wave, and the spice must flow.

26. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hear ya John. I guess I'm more thinking about DKP prices - I suspect people are not going to want to be spending lots of their DKP on their alts for a bit and saving up for the big PoP drops, so hopefully some of the luclin stuff will start going cheaper. Hopefully some of the other plat purchasable items will also start to go down a bit though as supply will likely go down but so should demand with better items available.

27. Crushzilla

Crushzilla Member

Virulent Paralysis should be neat. Knockback + Root on a 2minute Refresh.

Radiant Cure

Pithy likes this.
  28. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thanks, I forgot about the maps. Checked them out, seems like huge world, I will be busy for years ;-) Now I'm all hyped up for PoP.

29. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Which 2-3 classes are most powerful in PoP expansion.

And which 2-3 are least useful, desirable? I think I've read somewhere that Magician pets are not scaling that well.

30. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Magician pets are fine. They simply can't tank anything in PoP. The most exciting part of PoP as a magician, however, is that raiding PoTime or the EPs doesn't require you to CoH an entire raid from point a to point b six times per evening.

Bards, paladins, rogues and enchanters are probably the biggest winners when it comes to shiny new powers (or in the case of enchanters, even more ludicrously overpowered charm pets).

Ikeren and pivoo like this.