6-9-2021

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jun 9, 2021.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Improved mob pathing in water to keep mobs off floor and ceilings.
    * Added checks for mob pathing so getting stuck on nodes will not cause pets to path into walls.
    * Pets should be able to chase fleeing targets better.
    * Simplified some checks for updating z of mobs while pathing.
    * Mobs should stop doing the rotating dance, when turning to flee and snared to a stop.
    * Mobs which are aggro'd while in the middle of rotating, will stop rotating when they start to path.
    Solar
    * improved the handling of toss up spells. players shouldn't take 20k damage when hit by a spell of this type anymore.

Database:
    Robregen

* Added missing tradeskill recipes. see here: https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/missing-tradeskill-recipes.18514/
    * Added Ragged Hide Cload to Mutant Dreg as well as changed its name to Tattered Hide Cloak.
    * Crystal Cavern: adjust faction requirement to view various merchants.

Script:
    Robregen

* The Package: correct the item reward.

showstring, Lyrina, Mechaike and 5 others like this.
  2. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

What does updating the z of mobs while pathing mean?

Assuming that means the mobs won't freakout in the ssra tube elevators anymore.

3. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

z is the up/down direction, x and y being the other two. x,y, defines a point in 3d-space.

4. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

can't edit - so
    z is the up/down direction, x and y being the other two. x,y,z defines a point in 3d-space.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

No clue on tubes. Didn’t test on them. Have to know what issue was in order to see.

Mobs have the z position. Where they are with respect to the ground. Updated all the time. Hard to get to right in all situations and still keep cpu usage from going overboard.

I found one of conditions that was wrong. And would warp mobs below world. And another that put them on top of world geometry. These were edge cases. Not common.

Bigger issue was in water. Where it wasn’t handling the ceiling and ground right. This is why often couldn’t hit phinny. He is just too big a mob and doesn’t fit areas. So I found new ways to compensate for ceiling and ground in water.

Mechaike, Cadsuane, Pithy and 7 others like this.
  6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Awesome update on the pathing and mob positions, great work!

solar likes this.
  7. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I'm noticing when I pull the rockhopper cave that mobs are warping up through the ground more than they used to. Happy to replicate on request. I have to say though, in some ways it feels more AKurate to have mobs warping on me like this.

showstring likes this.
  8. Silvermink

Silvermink Member

I was unable to hit a fish in the cabilis sewers yesterday, after patch.

9. Qelana

Qelana Member

My pet is consistently getting caught under the mountains and it never did that in the weeks I've been here, but now it is non-stop. Only way to correct it is drag the pet out to land and bring them back up if I want to see them. Still seems to be hitting, just not aware of their orientation underground.

10. Break

Break People Like Me

Which zone and what class? I had a similar issue with a magician pet prior to this patch, but it was a one off thing.

If your pet gets aggro of the mob while under the world, there is a good chance you won't be able to cast or melee the mob.

Are you high enough level to summon companion? That was my easy fix.

11. Qelana

Qelana Member

Timorous Deep, raptors. I have had one-offs where a pet may get stuck or moving under the geography before, but since the last patch in this zone, it's every pet, every time. I've been camping for a few months on and off and haven't had the problem, so it seems either patch related or maybe just a coincidence.

It's not earth shattering, just mildly annoying when trying to figure out where the pet is.

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

What location at raptors? What pet? Is your pet guarding? Are you shrunk? Is the pet shrunk? Are you sending pet to attack? Is pet attacking when you get hit?

Any details would help.

13. Qelana

Qelana Member

56 necro pet, no shrinking or other buffs going on. I normally drag raptors up to -8981, 2950, 253 (nearish Scout Sihmoj area). darkness, send pet in and while the pet is attacking and raptor is climbing geography, the pet often goes under the mountain, the raptors show that they are getting hit - I just can't see the pet most of the time. When all is said and done, I'll med and can't see the pet, but am able to cast buffs on it so it's nearby. If I go down the mountain, they emerge at the base, and walk back up the mountain fine - only seems to be happening when attacking.

Cadsuane and Break like this.
  14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I think this is a new bug that came about from this patch. I can't remember seeing it before, but saw it a few times now.

A fleeing snared mob, if rooted, will keep facing away while attacking the players. That is, it won't change it's flee orientation despite being rooted and back to not-fleeing (attacking the player).

A video here:
    at 00:55:20 mark, a snared fleeing goblin is rooted, and he is facing away while attacking/swinging at the players

the mob was rooted so it suicides on dmg shield, but he kept facing the same direction as when he was fleeing

15. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

rip embed video code

another attempt - remove the spaces from the URL below and manually paste into browser
    https://www. twitch. tv/ videos/ 1057840547

Go to 00:55:20 mark, a snared fleeing goblin is rooted, and he is facing away while attacking/swinging at the players

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

bump, just posting that snared fleeing rooted mobs still face the wrong way