Enchanter + ? for duo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pivoo, Jun 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Once my trio (druid, BST, necro) hits mid 30's I plan to start leveling enchanter. I plan to have druid around, to help with damage shield, skin buffs, regen...

What would be best class to go with enchanter? I've never did any charming before and generally I'm very clumsy and bad player, I'm probably (actually I'm pretty sure!) too clumsy for charming. But I would like to have enchanter for it's mana buffs in the future for other toons. Not for charming. Under this circumstances, which class would be best to level with enchanter? Melee (which?), cleric, wizard...?

2. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you need to do charming to benefit from an enchanter. They go well with a druid in a duo.

3. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thanks for the reply and sorry I express myself confusingly.

I meant, which class would do best to duo level with enchanter from lvl1 up, excluding druid, since I already have it. Druid I mention will be already 35+ and it will be sometimes parked close by (not in a group) to help with buffs. (I have currently trio druid/BST/necro)

Next I will start Enchanter (for mana buffs at higher levels) and I'm curious, which class would be best duo with enchanter? Enchanter will probably not be doing charming :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

If the chanter's going to be a pocket buffer, maybe level another pocket support class alongside it? A few options: cleric for buffs/rezzes, mage for an eventual CoH bot and to summon you focus-effect items, ranger to plant somewhere as a track bot, rogue to pick locked doors.

5. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Ranger is the best tank for leveling and xp IMO. The best snap aggro around and then when you start going aa you can get a whole new part of the class, the bow. That being said a paladin and Druid would be very powerful as well. Personally I rolled a enc/cleric with the ranger but sometimes wish I went plate to have some harder boss fights open up.

6. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thanks! What is "CoH bot"? :)

Mage has good pet. Rouge is out of question, not my playing style. Which of the three combos: ENC/MAG, ENC/Ranger, ENC/Cleric would work best for leveling? I'm thinking to go ENC/Ranger and some later time Cleric with something else. Maybe Cleric/Magician to have most needs covered when all are at higher levels. (I have a feeling at some point I will level Wizard as well lol, this will be a long journey...)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  7. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thanks, and great, since I'm thinking to go with Ranger. I see you have Wood Elf Ranger, so i'm assuming is it still best/optimal race combo for ranger? I think it is similar on P99. I have there low level Wood Elf Ranger. But playing here is more fun :)

Also, if you would roll now Enchanter, would you still go with High Elf? I'm planning to read on Enchanters, but since you have one, I though to ask ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  8. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

Not sure you can really min Max an enchanter. I went human for some durability but dark elf is great for vision and some marginal uses of hide. You can’t really mess up an enchanter pick and you can always use illusions.

And if this is a true leveling *duo* might I suggest considering a Paladin? They heal better and tank better than the ranger, and pally has stuns, buffs and rezzes (which, you’re gonna need). In Pop a trio of Paladin, enchanter, druid also expands some options and decreases redundancy of the Ranger, in my opinion. Enc/Paladin can even duo POP content if you feel like having some fun without a primary healer. I would just feel that if I had a druid and a BL already, I sort of wouldn’t need a Ranger...

pivoo likes this.
  9. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

No problem! "CoH" is short for Call of the Hero, a level 55 mage spell that lets the mage summon a group member. A CoH bot is a mage that someone leaves camped in an interesting but hard-to-reach location, so they can link up with other players and summon them. People typically use CoH bots to skip trash clears. For example, a classic place for a CoH bot is on a safe ledge near Trak and juggs.

If you leveled a mage but decided not to play him as one of your main high-level toons, you could stop at 55 and still have a useful toon (a CoH bot).

pivoo likes this.
  10. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Yea, I guess it's personal preference, though Halflings get a 5% bonus xp...and then when you go aa, you put the xp at 99% aa, so you get a bonus into aa as well...there is also a wood elf illusion crown and you could get the faction for it leveling up...so you could have wood elf look if you wanted to later on. As for Enchanter yea, I would probably still go HIE...not a huge deal-breaker on the race for me with enchanter...can illusion into anything and even then they just have robes, so..meh.

pivoo likes this.
  11. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

The world has enough wood elf rangers. It's a cliché. Roll Human and you can confuse people. Get a 'stache and leather armor and make them think you're a monk, or some plate-look and a shield and a bucket-head helmet and pretend to be a Paladin. I've been playing one since '99. Not well, but that's another story :)

pivoo and Ripwind like this.
  12. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

It sounds like everyone is in agreement that you shouldn't be a half-elf.

pivoo likes this.
  13. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

Cleric and enchanter would be the fastest for sure, but that is if you do charming if you don't want to do that. Probably enchanter and ranger, surely more fun than enchanter and mage.
    You can heal in between fights, the enchanter will be doing buffs/debuffs and crowd control.
    With the mage, the mage will do the buffing so it will just be crowd control and debuffs and the mage is already a class that doesn't need a lot of work.
    Oh and if I could do it again I'd probably create a dark elf enchanter for their hide ability. And I'd put some more points in charisma then I did for my gnome enchanter :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    pivoo likes this.
  14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, race doesn't really matter for chanters. Dark elves can use their innate hide ability to intentionally break charm, though their hide skill caps at 50, so it's more reliable to use a clicky. Gnomes can see through walls by smooshing their faces into them and sitting, which is probably the most useful racial ability in the game. But most races can use this ability by shrinking to gnome size, and enchanters can cast gnome illusion anyway (and even make it permanent through an AA), so /shrug.

pivoo likes this.
  15. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

For rangers, the best arrows in the endgame are restricted to Tunare deity. Rangers of other deities (like halflings, who can only worship Karana) will be at a slight disadvantage on bow DPS. The 5% halfling exp bonus is nice, though.

pivoo likes this.
  16. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Well, except halfing rangers are an abomination and an offense to all that is right and proper. Please no.

Kithani, DubRemix88 and pivoo like this.
  17. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Halfling druids are awesome though! Does anyone remember the little art project Yarnee made where he grew all the halflings in Rivervale? It was awesome.

pivoo likes this.
  18. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Yep, they sure do! I have a halfling warrior called Angryinch just for fun.

pivoo likes this.
  19. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

magelo says there's no char named hedwig yet. surely angryinch needs a yin to their yang. a moon to their sun. etc.

Sketchy and pivoo like this.
  20. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thanks for all this info and idea. I may just do this. Never played either of them, so it will be... interesting ;-)

21. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Interesting! Now I want Magician also lol

22. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I forgot enchanters can be whatever they want. Good point.

23. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Good to know, thanks.

24. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

LOL! The only confused would be me :)

25. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

But...but...it's about the FOREHEAD, man. That beautiful, stately cliff of knowledge that rises majestically above the commanding nose and eyes of an Erudite! Who doesn't want to look like a smarter Lester Holt in an evening gown? Yes, yes, illusions, I know, but YOU know what's underneath is the real truth.

Phaeton and pivoo like this.
  26. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

:)))

27. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

You guys are so funny! ;-)