Rogues: anyone tried Grandmaster Assassin's Seal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cabot, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Cabot

Cabot New Member

I'm pretty sure this existed on the old AK, but I didn't main a rogue there and never did it myself. It's possible some aspect of the quest or its reward is intricately tied into Luclin and/or PoP which leaves it intentionally-unimplemented here as well. So I just wasn't sure enough to file an actual bug yet, figured I'd see if anyone else has tried and/or succeeded.

I'm currently at 230 skill and L58. I got Circle of Unseen Hands up to ally, and thus the quest Renux that spawns in WK is ally. I have my Grandmaster Assassin's Vial (tried equipped, on cursor, in primary). By all accounts on the internet, I should have everything I need to get the quest from her. But Renux won't give me the time of day. Always tells me to go away when I hail or use the quest phrase that's supposed to cause her to give me the combine box.

2. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

No idea but I am interested in talking to to other rogues on the server to figure this out. I added one to my box team and he is lvl 60 with 250 poison. Love the class, just don't know a ton about it yet.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Theseus alt has it

4. Cabot

Cabot New Member

Are you sure? On Asolo's magelo I see Grandmaster Assassin's Vial, but not Grandmaster Assassin's Seal . The Vial is the basic GM Poisonmaking Trophy created with an Artisan Seal like the other TSes (I have that and I'm pretty sure there are plenty on the server). The Seal is a separate followup quest which requires the Vial as an ingredient and makes a replacement trophy with a different click effect (alla link for live: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2253 )

5. Cabot

Cabot New Member

6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

/shrug prolly right

7. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

POP era, says Allakhazam...

8. Cabot

Cabot New Member

Yeah the more I look at things, I'm pretty sure that's right, it was introduced with PoP. Nothing mentions it earlier than PoP release date. That being said: all of the NPCs and items are in place for completing the quest now (I have a bank bag of stuff waiting for whenever the quest finally goes live!). It could be that the reward's clicky needs PoP-era code changes, though (to do 10-dose poison bottles).

9. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Seal is PoP. I only have Vial.

10. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Guess I am ready , if PoP ever pops )

11. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

So PoP is out and I was wanting to complete this quest, but seems it is still not implemented @Torven . Was this a part or PoP on AK?

12. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

13. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

Not really interested in the sketch. The allakhazam talks about the seal just needing the vial and the faction, then the quest. Not 250 Make Poison. That's only for the sketch.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Edit: Correction! The seal is required for the Master Sketch not the other way around.

The quest does require high faction and 250 poison making. I also was pretty discouraged by 250 poison making because it means I have to level my rogue to 60 to finish this quest :/.

But the seal itself doesn’t really provide you any value without the master sketch. Because all the poisons you can combine into to 10 charges require master sketch or at least the 4 intermediate sketches to create them.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  15. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

Got it, so a hidden 250 poison making requirement. That's why it's not wiring for me. Thanks!