3-17-2021

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Mar 17, 2021.

1. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Bump. The rubber banding issue seems to be resolved with the navmesh live patch. Thank you.

But the super short char select timeout is still happening.
    This is a big issue for someone who swaps characters all the time.
    Client windows constantly just exit and crash now because it times out back to server select screen, then you have to re-launch it. Instead of a simple char swap, it becomes a crash/exit, relaunch, re-login, reconnect, then select char. Typing in a long complex password while trying to frantically re-log in makes you typo it, so that adds more frustration. A simple 30 sec camp and 5 sec char swap becomes a 2 minute endeavor, and sometimes the client window freezes when you get to char select screen so you have to exit and re-launch it again, etc.

From a user impact point of view, this is probably the worst 'nerf' in years. It's killing me. Please help.

2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

You type in a long complex pw evertime you log in ?

showstring likes this.
  3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Yup.
    There is no practical way to create a shortcut via /ticket, because which game char resides on which game account, vs which client window is used to play that char, changes about 20 times per day, so I have to manually log in to each client window for each game account.

4. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

Seems like you need 27 shortcuts. 1 per window per game account ignoring your trader.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

bump, the rubber banding mobs has returned with the rollback hotfix on 20 april

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a good reason to switch back to navmesh.

Mechaike, Radda and necra like this.
  7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

bump, this also has consequence of people getting booted at Character Creation.
    If they take longer than a few mins to create a new char, it times out and boots to sever select screen, so maybe worth looking into?

[Sat May 01 00:09:16 2021] Halfelfmerchant tells Alliance:1, 'every time I try to create a new toon I get booted. I think the universe is trying to tell me something'
    [Sat May 01 00:10:55 2021] Pursuit tells Alliance:1, 'halfelf it's server timeout at login, it's irritating yeah'

DubRemix88 likes this.
  8. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Yea the character select time out is pretty brutal. Timed out thinking of a super cool name. Then had to go in there and quickly put it in again.

showstring likes this.
  9. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

the suspense is killing me

Walex likes this.
  10. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Still begging for the character select timeout to be fixed. Please.

Azair and anotheregostar like this.