Planes of Power - expected AA exp rate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by showstring, Apr 16, 2021.

1. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Heyas

Just wondering if the devs had any discussions or considerations what they consider to be 'acceptable rate of AA exp' for Planes of Power? From the current Luclin era, it seems anything faster than 1 AA per hour is deemed nerf-worthy and we've had several customized TAKP-only exp nerfs to adhere to this metric.

I've done a quick check of my EQMac logs, and found that a somewhat new-to-server, unguilded, baz-geared enchanter charm killing in PoValor was around 15-20min AAs. So a skilled or well geared group should be much quicker.

should be able to click on images below for full-size

exp example 1
    [​IMG]

exp example 2
    [​IMG]

exp example 3
    [​IMG]

exp example 4
    [​IMG]

I would assume a better geared players, in better spots (like elemental planes) would be gaining AAs faster than this. Would one AA every 5-10 minutes be realistic? Would it be acceptable?

What are other people's expectations for PoP? Do they have logs to share their exp gain rates? Average versus peak would be nice to look at.

I'm expecting 10-15 mins to be realistic in most scenarios considering the VT gear we have.

Thanks

2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

What was the group size in those logs? Any OOR toons?

3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Good question, forgot about sweet OOR exp. Those were the days...
    Have checked logs and this is what I could see.

exp example 1a - [Sun Mar 17 00:21:42 2013] You have entered Plane of Valor.
    Ench - in group getting exp
    Cleric - in group getting exp
    Druid - in group OOR
    Rogue - in group OOR

exp example 1b - [Sun Mar 17 08:56:20 2013] You have entered Plane of Valor.
    Druid - in group OOR
    Rogue - in group OOR

exp example 2a - [Tue Mar 12 17:35:10 2013] You have entered Plane of Valor.
    Druid - in group OOR
    Rogue - in group OOR

exp example 2b - [Thu Mar 14 19:15:58 2013] You have entered Plane of Valor.
    Druid - in group OOR
    Rogue - in group OOR

exp example 2c - [Fri Mar 15 20:42:14 2013] You have entered Plane of Valor.
    Druid - in group OOR
    Rogue - in group OOR

exp example 3 - [Mon May 13 18:53:21 2013] You have entered Plane of Valor.
    War - in group getting exp
    Druid - in group OOR
    Rogue - in group OOR
    Cleric - out of grp heals and stuns

exp example 4 - [Tue May 14 21:31:29 2013] You have entered Drunder, The Fortress of Zek.
    Mage - in group getting exp
    War - in group getting exp
    Rogue - in group OOR
    Druid - in group OOR
    Cleric - out of grp heals and stuns

Would the following apply in this case:
    4 members - 220% / 2 = 110% exp per kill instead of 60% exp per kill
    5 members - 260% / 3 = 86% exp per kill instead of 46.7% exp per kill

Is that how it works?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  4. Yinikren

Yinikren Well-Known Member

Fire Tables mobs were about 8% aa a kill solo, so at ~3-4 min per mob you are looking at > an AA an hour, solo. Should probably be an AA every 30 minutes or less in a decent group.

5. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

no at fire last castle one aa was 5 min with a good group, atleast at level 70 during OoW

6. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

LOL im in your logs talking in alliance

showstring likes this.
  7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Fire Tables mobs should be 12-14% AA solo at level 65 each. I recall a quad of 4 of them with 2-3 OOR toons was 30% AA per kill or 1.2 AAs per quad. 8% of an AA per kill solo is more PoValor/Storms/Tactics/HoH/BoT level AA rate.

I think when considering AA rates people should think about two different values. Pre-Elemental and Elemental.

The former, pre-EP, is available to everyone after the level access update. Even without it the BoT flag is doable by a single group in about 2-3 hours. Basically any fresh level 60-62 character would have access to groups in these zones.

The later, EP, is available only to those who have attended about 25 raid events across 12 different zones and 2-3 quests. On TLP servers this whole flagging process still takes about 30~ hours of raiding and questing. On TAKP this will be even longer due to less power creep, no instancing and sharing of spawns. At this point it is basically only level 65 Raiders who have spent month(s) raiding, who probably already have a decent number of AAs who will have access to this EXP.

When thinking about balance on the server, the later I don’t think should be considered. If you’ve sunk the time into reaching the end-game on the server the rate at which you max out your characters exp isn’t really a factor IMO. You’ve already defeated most of the games raid content with your current level/AAs. Getting faster than normal AAs at this point shouldn’t really be viewed as a balance concern.

Without OOR EXP on this server I think 2 AAs per hour in a T3 zone like BoT/HoH/Tactics is doable with a decent group with a charmed pet or 2+ VT geared DPS classes. This would probably require killing 35-40 mobs per hour? A much more relaxed group I can see doing 1 AA pretty easily in a T2 zone like Storms/Valor/CoD.

I don’t see a full group pulling down the 3-4 AAs per hour you show in your logs without OOR exp enabled.

An Enchanter + Cleric duo likely could be faster exp than a full group due to the 60% exp split versus 43.3% exp split. A full group would need to kill about 50% more mobs than the duo in the same time frame and they may be hard pressed to accomplish that without a charmed pet plus extra DPS and a dedicated puller.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Sketchy and Cadsuane like this.
  8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Tables mobs in PoFire were a little over 21% of an AA per kill solo. (Darch, your memory is pretty good - 120% for 4 mobs with 2 OOR toons - but your arithmetic could use work: 30 / 1.4 = 21.4%.)

See here for more details.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  9. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

my question is, are there going to be throttles to Glycus and such encounters in PoP, since the boss that spawn mobs whille you are fighting them might be key to fast exp, if you provide enough dps. Also isnt Potactics pit 4 - 5 min respawn when Rallos Zek is down?

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Ah that’s it! I couldn’t remember if it was 2 or 3 OOR toons for the 1.2 AA quad. For some reason I assumed 3 in my calculation of 12-14% (30/2.2=13.6%).

So a solo quad should be 84-86% of an AA.

11. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Sounds about right, I recall 18 minute AAs for a well geared/spelled solo necro at Fire Tables.

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

A one AA point per hour cap will be implemented with PoP, so you can exp for 15 minutes then AFK for 45

Ransom, Mechaike, Sketchy and 4 others like this.
  13. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

:p

14. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

you might as well just post all of your ideas on how to cheese the game in PoP right now so it can get fixed sooner

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  15. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Shit...i was going to guess this in Rimi's other post :mad:

showstring likes this.