4-14-2021

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Apr 14, 2021.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* implemented Navmesh pathsystem
    Solar
    * fix timer running slower than expected
    * fix player jumping animation showing for other players (dwarf barrel roll and others)
    * adjust heading for in-zone/CotH
    * fixed a mem leak

Database:
    Robregen

* item: fixed Fine Seafarer armors that were missing apostrophe
    * Dreadland: plaguebone thief should no longer be social
    * Toxxuilia Forest: should now be undead

Navmesh Zones:
    * Qeynos
    * Qeynos Hills
    * Karanas except East Karana
    * Kithicor
    * Commonlands
    * North Ro
    * Oasis
    * South Ro
    * Innothule
    * Feerrott
    * Misty Thicket
    * Kedge Keep
    * Cobalt Scar
    * Firiona
    * Great Divide
    * Maiden Eye
    * Umbral Plain
    * Western Wastes

Mechaike, Sketchy, Majo and 2 others like this.
  2. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

I also reported this in the bugs section, but mob summoning is changing your heading. Tanking and positioning summoning mobs is very disorienting.

3. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Spinechiller spiders in fear are gating at 100%, phoboplasms gating while running back to camp at 40%+, wacky shit today

4. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

The pyramid style wizard port ins seem to not hold the toons. They just fall through the pyramid when they port in. Is there still an active navmesh to report this? I assume west common lands and west karana were one of the big open zones that got navmesh treatment

5. sowislifesowislove

woops. Didn’t read the zones at end of your post.

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

also:

feerrott: Greenblood zombies now exist

Cadsuane likes this.
  7. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

ah yeah I excluded that object from the zone map. I will add that back in

Mechaike likes this.
  8. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

Between Kael and CT(zone) raids today, I think its safe to say we have some significant mobs-aggroing-through-walls issues

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

yikes, is this happening for other caster mobs too? gating while fleeing or gating early?

10. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

didn't notice anything weird in ssra, but only killed about 6 casters i think

11. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Spinechiller Spiders and Phoboplasms aren't casters. Perhaps by "gating," Lullaby means the run-up-and-warp-away loop that mobs seem to sometimes get stuck while trying to reach players in the navmesh system?

Though Fear, Kael, and CT are not on the zone list. Is navmesh in effect everywhere?

12. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

We have had 2 different times where people were attacked by slimes in the safe room.

13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

On my dev server limited testing, I noted that navmesh seems to be affecting every zone, not just zones listed.

14. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The pathing node based pathing is also a new system.

There are navmesh issues.

There are pathing node issues.

There is no using of the old system.

There are common parts to node and navmesh pathing.

Mechaike likes this.
  15. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Kedge mobs can't be hit / out of range if you try to move down, they are stuck / glitching in the ceiling, seems they can't travel downwards on the z-axis properly?
    Also some static mobs just glitching between spawn point and ceiling, flickering between the two positions.
    Phinigel glitches in ceiling, doesn't move down, can't be hit, summons into ceiling, brings adds.

videos below:
    - mobs can't travel down properly, stuck in ceiling, gotta match their z-axis
    - glitching shark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF8Ka-d-ulk - phinny ceiling fight attempt and evac

16. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Ah I think what I saw in the ssra water tube is similar to what rimi posted about kedge. Mob warped up a floor I believe when it went through the tube. Going to delete my bug report since it seems to be new with today's patch.

17. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

A similar experience with ring of slime.

Lyrina likes this.
  18. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

Kael Drakkal - First problems started at timestamp: 01h28m03s
    Bisben instant-died and other following up. Afaik players got summoned beneath the earth by an NPC and got killed by fallingdamage (the well know 20k thingy).

Accursed Temple Of Cazic-Thule - Second time, stuff went crazy: 03h07m25m
    From that moment on (you already can see the first fish, sticks to the roof) everything behaved very strange. Later on, you can see, MT pulled stuff (single stuff) and basicly everything arround jumped on us. Even later, more stuff came in, when we pulled from somewhere else.

Also we left KD last night, cause someone disintigrated one of the spawnmobs for the Statue... So, raid was... a pretty fail that evening :-(. BUT, we had fun, don't we? :p

19. Break

Break People Like Me

I got a tell on my bazaar trader that said "You are up too high! I can't reach you to buy your stuff." I appear to be on the ground on my screen. I was thinking maybe the buyer was a gnome, but I see an Erudite trying to buy from a High Elf.

This could be a navmesh issue.

20. goliath3z

goliath3z New Member

+1 for Kedge Keep is now busted by Navmesh

21. Majo

Majo Well-Known Member

I don't think barrell rolls are getting enough attention in this thread. Much appreciated devs! Dwarf armies coming in PoP!

Mechaike, Lenas, Neealana and 3 others like this.
  22. Break

Break People Like Me

Okay. I logged in another character, and my trader was indeed all the way up to the ceiling. It appears that the architecture in the Bazaar is acting weirdly. I was backed up agains a post, and it caused other people to see me on the roof. I also saw another character who was up on a support for one of the overhangs, but that character was low enough that I could still purchase if I wanted to.

23. Break

Break People Like Me

I don't see an edit button. By "see me on the roof", I mean it looks like my head was touching the ceiling. When I moved, I was able to correct my positioning. I did not appear to fall to my client.

24. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I was in Kael with a shrunk dire wolf. I chain mezzed him while backed into the wall to afk for a few minutes. When I came back, I decided it was time to kill the pet. Even though I could see the dog, I couldn't melee (cannot see). So I decided to nuke it with the druid to break mez and get it to run to me. Druid was instantly summoned beneath the world, and popped up at the zone line a minute later.

25. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

There's a slight offset for where players see other players, up to 1 unit shifted sometimes. I fixed that along with the summoning heading for next patch but that is probably what's causing players to appear out of place in bazaar.

26. Break

Break People Like Me

My situation wasn't 1 unit. It was the very top of the bazaar. If she had really been that high, I imagine it would have been instant death from a fall.

27. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

One unit in x / y direction could put you in collision with some object that bumps you on top of that object for a huge difference in z coordinate

Break likes this.
  28. sowislifesowislove

Killing mobs in east karana on spider hill is very difficult. Have to be immediately on top of mob. 1 in 50 arrows will hit a mob. Usually have to engage with a kick then melee seems to work. Spells seem to work fine.