Newby armor quests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chokan, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Chokan

Chokan New Member

Hey all, just started on the server and I keep hearing about newby armor quests. Is there a resource with details on these? Where do they start?

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

there is still some that haven't been completed or tested on TAKP yet, they will be marked in red, if you complete any of those, post on that thread and I'll update it. If you find any bugs also, can post those too. The newbie weapons aren't as good as allakhazam's shows, the AK versions are a bit weaker.

Also I made this list a while back too, same deal that some haven't been tested or completed on AK yet : https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/vanilla-classic-quests-list.3950/

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  4. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Don't forget to claim your reward from Foxboxxer too.

5. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

These quests are great, however in general the pieces are so poor that time spent collecting silks or other things for sale would net you better gear in the bazaar in as much or less time.

That being said, I did all pieces for 4 or 5 toons. The armor often looks great, is a fair bit of fun to have quests to complete at those early levels and comes with a sense of accomplishment.

They can be tough. Drop rates are low, spawns rare, mobs to be tracked. You will become frustrated. But I would still recommend them, lots of fun.

showstring likes this.
  6. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Yeah some drop rates aren't even in the newbie areas for that quest. There are some in steamfont or commons only and you'll find yourself needing to run through POK to get them. However, having full colorful plate at level 10 is pretty awesome for those classes. It all looks fantastic and will last you into the 40s or 50s when you start upgrading with much better.

7. Dazux

Dazux New Member

How do races without sets manage to keep up?

8. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Farming pp for the baz

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Baz gear here is really cheap.
    Time is much better spent just leveling as quickly as possible to allow you to farm fine steel weapons for plat (high keep guards). The baz gear you can buy for <200p is far better stats than newbie armor quests.

With caster chars you can get to level 40ish without any gear which will allow you to kill hill giants for large amounts of raw plat, with which you can buy all the gear your heart desires very easily. I'd recommend caster chars until 40s, then get plat, and buy items for a melee char. Melee chars are a lot more gear dependent.

10. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

I've done the quests (my dwarf cleric is still wearing most of the pieces actually), but of course farming pp and buying items is better, but then again it isn't a race. So just do it if you enjoy it they are quite easy anyways.

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Melee characters are much less gear dependent if you are riding 4hour ancient aego MGBs for the first 40-50 levels. You really just need a decent weapon on your melee character or two and they are pretty cheap to grab.

Haste items are extremely cheap on this server. Personally when I get them I sell RBBs around 2k and CoFs around 6-7k, these prices are pretty standard for many different sellers on the server. Things like FBSS / Silver Chitin Gloves sometimes even get given away for free.

Farming Spiderling silk or spider silk is probably better plat per hour than hill giants for a pre-50 trio based on the kill rates of the respective camps.

12. Warfac3

Warfac3 New Member

CTroi, Palarran and Elroz like this.